Author Topic: Postcard Halloween 2010 Spoilers  (Read 102680 times)

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
Postcard Halloween 2010 Spoilers
« on: October 21, 2010, 08:00:27 AM »
images from the sets
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
RE: Postcard Halloween 2010 Spoilers
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 08:08:16 AM »

We can post the Halloween Series sketches and spoilers here!!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 08:12:43 AM »
images from the sets
[spoiler](Image removed from quote.)[/spoiler]

Cool!  I just started a new thread for pictures/spoilers such as these (2010 Halloween Postcards!!)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 08:30:54 AM »
images from the sets
Oh no! Not another puzzle! How many puzzles were done?

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 08:37:52 AM »
That's very Bittersweet

Yep, I was randomly listening to that song last night and heard that line and thought wow, that describes xxxx, yyyyy and zzzz. LOL

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 08:41:44 AM »
Oh no! Not another puzzle! How many puzzles were done?

I know, I'm not crazy about puzzles.  I just hope that the artists that did them did other singles as well, because I only want one per title.  One puzzle by itself would probably look pretty silly.

Offline Playskull

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 10:11:30 AM »
We can post the Halloween Series sketches and spoilers here!!
Just got mine!  Will try to post pics under this thread later on today!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 10:14:31 AM »
images from the sets

LOL!!! Beanut putter, classic!!!!!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 10:39:23 AM »

Do it faster. I'm sitting through a boring seminar today and could use some wacky lovin' ;D

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 10:47:59 AM »

Me too, and I'll posts pics later tonight. 

The postcards are awesome.  The Starbeast/Tootsie Troll card is a true work of art, and reminds me of Norm Saunders with the Starbeast creatures!  Great job Neil!  I also love the Boozooka.  The colors are so cool, and I love the Gadzooka Boy in the upper right hand corner.  Really all of the artists did a great job with their postcard art.

I didn't do great with my sketch cards. I got 2 Joe Simko's, 2 John Zeleznik's, and one Brent Engstrom.  I would have liked to get less dupes but I'll do my typical trading/buying for ones I need.  The Kackel sketch by Brent is sweet!  He really does a heck of a job with his sketches.  On a sour note, I don't like the fact that Joe Simko's sketch is done in pencil.  It just looks too light compared to the others. 

No wrapper #'s this time to deal with!  For wrapper collectors the wrapper code is WPPCH-13.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 10:50:48 AM »
Me too, and I'll posts pics later tonight. 

The postcards are awesome.  The Starbeast/Tootsie Troll card is a true work of art, and reminds me of Norm Saunders with the Starbeast creatures!  Great job Neil!  I also love the Boozooka.  The colors are so cool, and I love the Gadzooka Boy in the upper right hand corner.  Really all of the artists did a great job with their postcard art.

I didn't do great with my sketch cards. I got 2 Joe Simko's, 2 John Zeleznik's, and one Brent Engstrom.  I would have liked to get less dupes but I'll do my typical trading/buying for ones I need.  The Kackel sketch by Brent is sweet!  He really does a heck of a job with his sketches.  On a sour note, I don't like the fact that Joe Simko's sketch is done in pencil.  It just looks too light compared to the others. 

No wrapper #'s this time to deal with!  For wrapper collectors the wrapper code is WPPCH-13.

How are the John Z sketches? Be honest now ;)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 11:02:27 AM »
How are the John Z sketches? Be honest now ;)

They are ok, nothing great, but they do look a little better than his series 6's.  I think I see a few more pen strokes in there!

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 11:10:46 AM »
OK, here's a random bunch of sketch cards. No rhyme or reason to the group, just had the scans handy.

ENJOY!

Offline Dracky

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2010, 11:35:08 AM »
These sketches are outstanding!!! Love the Obama Starbeast one  :great:

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2010, 11:38:40 AM »
hey Brad,
maybe these last batch of posts should be moved over to "2010 HALLOWEEN POSTCARD SETS!!", because using the spoiler tag here certainly isn't keeping folks from spoiling these images anyway.

Offline Playskull

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 12:48:04 PM »
I have to say, I'm not too thrilled with my sketches.  I got doubles of the Mellow guy and 2 stinking puzzle pieces.  I really wish the artists would discontinue the puzzle sketches.  I was hoping to get the vampire or the witch.  Perhaps somebody will trade me a vampire sketch (preferably the whole head rather than a closeup of the face) for any one of my sketches?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 01:54:31 PM by Playskull »

Offline Playskull

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 12:51:47 PM »
hey Brad,
maybe these last batch of posts should be moved over to "2010 HALLOWEEN POSTCARD SETS!!", because using the spoiler tag here certainly isn't keeping folks from spoiling these images anyway.
I agree.  Let's keep all images of this set in one place:  The "2010 HALLOWEEN POSTCARD SETS" thread.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 12:54:55 PM »
OK, here's a random bunch of sketch cards. No rhyme or reason to the group, just had the scans handy.

ENJOY!

So it looks like Joe Simko didn't do all of his in pencil.  The one shown in this there doesn't look like pencil to me.  Mine are much lighter than that.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2010, 01:44:37 PM »
So it looks like Joe Simko didn't do all of his in pencil.  The one shown in this there doesn't look like pencil to me.  Mine are much lighter than that.

Those Simkos look fantastic! I love the vampire!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2010, 01:53:20 PM »
I have to say, I'm not too thrilled with my sketches.  I got doubles of the Mellow guy and 2 stinking puzzle pieces.  I really wish the artists would discontinue the puzzle sketches.  I don't think collectors care for them.  I know I sure don't.  I was really hoping to get the vampire or the witch.  Perhaps somebody will trade me for one of my Mellow guys?  I doubt anybody would want to trade for a puzzle piece.

I have to agree. I love the puzzle from PC6 and that was an expensive one for me to complete. At least there was only one puzzle. Now it looks like there are at least 2 puzzles and tou have one of each. I'm sure Neil put some extra work into the puzzles but completing them will be a bear. I would wait to see what others pull. If I get puzzle pieces I may try to put one together. They might also go cheaper on eBay. You never know.
PEOPLE make sure you post your sketches in this thread. We need to know who got puzzle pieces and who wants to try and put them together. If you don't have a scanner a digital picture will work and if you don't know how to upload you can email the pics to me and I will put them up. We have to try and get the puzzles together. I will try my best to help people if I get any puzzle pieces. If they didn't all fall into forum members hands then we many never get the puzzles together but they need to be identified.
This could be really fun. Don't think of it as a bad pull, think of this as an opportunity to put together something really unique.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2010, 01:54:23 PM »

ENJOY!

So I'm guessing you don't personally have these?

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Re: Re: Something Wacky this way comes...
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2010, 02:04:38 PM »
So I'm guessing you don't personally have these?

I wish I had these! Think what I could get on ebay ;)

Seriously, these are scans provided by the artists. I'm guessing we'll see some of the actual cards show up soon.

By the way, I have to agree about the puzzles. I got carried away and did two different puzzles (Starbeast and Tootsie Troll). Each set of 6 was done multiple times, so if you choose to complete a set, hopefully you won't have trouble finding the peices you need. Anyway, these are going to be the last puzzle sketch cards for the foreseeable future.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 02:12:08 PM by koduck »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: RE: Postcard Halloween 2010 Spoilers
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2010, 02:04:40 PM »
hey Brad,

Done. I screwed up the name but I think it should still work. If you guys want me to change it let me know

Offline NEZHEAD42

Re: Postcard Halloween 2010 Spoilers
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2010, 02:34:14 PM »
It looks like Sunstroke has 2 pieces of the same puzzle. I am thinking it is a 6 piece puzzle (3 on top, 3 on bottom). It looks like Playskull has one of these pieces...a corner that will fit all 3 of those pieces together. Already half the pieces for that puzzle have turned up. It may be possible to put one of these together, even with more pieces than last time.
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2010, 02:39:53 PM »
Yep! I am hoping to get the third piece through trade.
Looking for Saunders Art cards: Especially Wackies, Frankenstein stickers, Mars Attacks & Battle

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2010, 02:51:53 PM »

ENJOY!

I had always thought it would be funny to show aliens in the shape of soda bottles landing on earth and saying, "take me to your liter".  Not sure how to incorporate this into a wacky pack title but have at it if you think it has a future.  I think it would be a funny Parisi cartoon but maybe I am just wacked...
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Sunstroke

• My Website
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2010, 02:57:32 PM »
hahaha! That is pretty funny!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2010, 03:21:21 PM »
Yep! I am hoping to get the third piece through trade.

I think the majority of us won't really want the puzzle pieces, making them not as valuable as other ones, which should help for those few that want to try to assemble a puzzle.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2010, 03:43:52 PM »
Here are some serious spoilers!  Sketches to follow.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:47:55 PM by RawGoo »

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2010, 03:56:47 PM »
As fate would have it, I pulled my own sketch. PM me if anyone is interested in a trade.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2010, 04:03:31 PM »
I did pretty well but would like a Kirscht Sketch. If anyone has one to trade I will trade my Engstrom Sketch if I like yours. Very psyched to pull a Color Camera Sketch!

DrDeal

« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 03:00:10 AM by DrDeal »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2010, 04:17:24 PM »
As fate would have it, I pulled my own sketch. PM me if anyone is interested in a trade.

Naturally, you finally did sketch cards, and it's in a set where there are more artists doing sketches than the number of sets collectors were permitted to buy.  I had hoped I would only be missing 1, but it's actually 2.  And that means 2 bio cards, too.  I think this is the end of me 'completing' sketch sets.

Nice sketch card though!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2010, 04:20:09 PM »
I did pretty well but would like a Kirscht Sketch. If anyone has one to trade I will trade my Parisi or Engstrom Sketch if I like yours. Very psyched to pull a Color Camera Sketch!

DrDeal

The color sketch has a different color "Postcards" logo!!  I also noticed that the 'copyright' info at the bottom of all my sketches has the specific artist's name, whereas with postcard series 4-6 they all had the same tag line that said 'courtesy of the artist.'

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2010, 04:25:16 PM »
Done.
thanks for moving the posts to another thread.
looking at my UPS tracking, I won't be getting mine until next Tuesday. wtf? I should of had topps stick a stamp on each of the postcards and send them through the mail - they would have gotten here faster

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2010, 04:28:23 PM »
I did pretty well but would like a Kirscht Sketch. If anyone has one to trade I will trade my Parisi or Engstrom Sketch if I like yours. Very psyched to pull a Color Camera Sketch!

DrDeal

Wow the colored Neil Camera sketch is very awesome!

anything