Author Topic: 1st Series Red Ludlows  (Read 688 times)

Offline tommybomb

1st Series Red Ludlows
« on: January 23, 2024, 05:27:39 AM »
I discovered these in a large lot of wackys that just came in.  Anyone have an estimate on value?  They look to be in pretty good condition. I don't see any trademark info on them though? is that normal?  Thanks!!

« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 05:36:07 AM by tommybomb »

Offline Mr._Stubble

Re: 1st Series Red Ludlows
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2024, 05:45:23 AM »
They have their borders peeled off Tommy.  If they didn't, you'd have quite a score.  Since they are borderless, I couldn't imagine them going for a buck or two apiece.

Offline tommybomb

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2024, 06:57:55 AM »
UUUUGGHHHH.... why would someone do that!!!   :'(

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2024, 09:47:55 AM »
Let's see if some of the scoundrels who have been associated with fake/restuck ludlows line up to try to buy these from you....
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2024, 09:57:00 AM »
Let's see if some of the scoundrels who have been associated with fake/restuck ludlows line up to try to buy these from you....

My first thought as well

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2024, 10:20:45 AM »
I discovered these in a large lot of wackys that just came in.  Anyone have an estimate on value?  They look to be in pretty good condition. I don't see any trademark info on them though? is that normal?  Thanks!!

Man, that's a shame.  That would have been a great find for you if some punk hadn't peeled off those pesky borders back in the day!
Still looking for Series 17

Offline tommybomb

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2024, 01:45:45 PM »
There was also an entire 1st series white backs in decent condition except borders peeled off.   >(

I did get a nice pupsi and a big stack of series 2 cards. Maybe 3 sets worth.

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2024, 03:04:30 PM »
For the same reason some kids wrote their names on card backs or three hole punched comics…Because we were stupid kids…

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2024, 03:39:08 PM »
For the same reason some kids wrote their names on card backs or three hole punched comics…Because we were stupid kids…
Yes, anyone who has accumulated major amounts of OS stickers from purchasing full collections, miscellaneous lots, etc has undoubtedly also acquired a subset of stickers with these issues - initials or names on back (always in ink of course), peeled borders, re-sticks, etc.  a shame, but it is what it is.  The sheer population of surviving stickers in collectors hands still blows my mind, so have to be grateful.

I have seen one or two hold-punched comics over the years, but thankfully I never did that to mine.  Did manage to somehow lose some of my childhood comics, but what else is new.