Author Topic: 9 Versus 10 for Subsets  (Read 713 times)

Offline vahsurfer

9 Versus 10 for Subsets
« on: January 07, 2024, 08:06:50 AM »
Well...... I for one would prefer to see on 9 cards per subset.  Makes a cleaner display and organization of the cards, in my opinion.

Opinions are like eyebrows, we all have a pair, so what is your feeling on the subject?

Please vote and let's see if Dave has any feedback of his own on this one.

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
Re: 9 Versus 10 for Subsets
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 09:52:08 AM »
I agree for the same reasons.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2024, 10:05:39 AM »
Me too!!

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2024, 10:06:47 AM »
this has been an ongoing complaint since ANS1 in 2004. Why not 9?

Offline quas

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2024, 12:32:50 PM »
Yes!! 9 not 10!
Marc

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2024, 06:39:14 PM »
The old hot dogs and buns problem (10 per pack vs 8 per) remains unresolved to this day as well....

All kidding aside, it never crossed my mind because I’ve never put cards of any kind in 9-pocket vinyl sleeve pages.  I’ve never trusted them not to eventually bend or warp the cards, especially the super-flimsy tan-back stickers.  But if I did use them, of course I’d vote for 9-card subsets instead of 10, no question.  By similar logic, a 55-count base set is a bummer too because 54 would be an even multiple of 9 also.

Offline Corndog

• Corndog....the NEW Blunder
  • There's no need to fear, because Corndog is here.
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2024, 06:44:52 AM »
All kidding aside, it never crossed my mind because I’ve never put cards of any kind in 9-pocket vinyl sleeve pages.  I’ve never trusted them not to eventually bend or warp the cards, especially the super-flimsy tan-back stickers.

I felt the same if you want to keep them strictly for investment purposes. I personally would rather display my wackies for all to enjoy. However, I've also learned never to double up a pocket with either doubles or to display them with each card facing outward (to reduce the number of sheets). When doing this, the card may stick to each other ruining your investment.

I have been using plastic sleeves with my cards and then putting them in the pocket sheets, but you need to be careful not to use sleeves that don't fit into the pockets. This causes the cards to wrinkle.

I also use toploaders for the important cards, subsets, and for rare cards. These help protect my investment and allow me to display them.

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2024, 07:28:38 AM »
I felt the same if you want to keep them strictly for investment purposes. I personally would rather display my wackies for all to enjoy. However, I've also learned never to double up a pocket with either doubles or to display them with each card facing outward (to reduce the number of sheets). When doing this, the card may stick to each other ruining your investment.

I have been using plastic sleeves with my cards and then putting them in the pocket sheets, but you need to be careful not to use sleeves that don't fit into the pockets. This causes the cards to wrinkle.

I also use toploaders for the important cards, subsets, and for rare cards. These help protect my investment and allow me to display them.
Great points - 9 NOT 10 - the plastic sleeves don't fit cleanly in there - most times i do without and use Ultra-Pro

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2024, 04:40:22 PM »
the plastic sleeves don't fit cleanly in there - most times i do without and use Ultra-Pro

is that "going commando"?   Ultra-Pro Commando!    :]
Send me your borderless wackys!

anything