Author Topic: Christmas Charity Parody Set On Sale NOW!  (Read 7071 times)

Offline vahsurfer

Re: Christmas Charity Parody Set On Sale NOW!
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2023, 07:01:25 PM »
I am sure it will be worth that wait - Thank you to you and the who crew that took the time to put this together!!

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2023, 10:16:22 AM »
Can we please see the artwork anyways? That way we can print out our own as a "cutting room floor" postcard to stick in our binders. Most of us don't care if the parody was made already and it would be a waste to delete the artwork after all your hard work on it!

OK Steve I have been given permission to post the new lost Holiday Parody ‘Frosty’s Snow Cones’ artwork. Question is when to do it?  I could do it now or wait until people have the sets in hand.  Or I could post it Christmas morning as a little Holiday Treat.  Any preference?

Offline Swiski

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2023, 10:55:28 AM »
OK Steve I have been given permission to post the new lost Holiday Parody ‘Frosty’s Snow Cones’ artwork. Question is when to do it?  I could do it now or wait until people have the sets in hand.  Or I could post it Christmas morning as a little Holiday Treat.  Any preference?

Anytime is fine with me! Thanks for getting the clearance to share it with us!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2023, 11:17:00 AM »

I'd like a Christmas morning treat.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2023, 11:50:20 AM »
I'd like a Christmas morning treat.

Pat, sounds good!  Look out for a little snow or at least a little frost on Christmas morning!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2023, 02:26:55 PM »
Pat, sounds good!  Look out for a little snow or at least a little frost on Christmas morning!

Parodies are WAY better than snow!!

Offline dth1971

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2023, 07:51:01 PM »
Christmas morning for Frosty's Snow Cones.

Offline bludevilok

« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2023, 09:25:04 PM »
Parodies are WAY better than snow!!

Especially if one lives in a part of the country that only receives Christmas snow once every 50 years or so....

I'm looking forward to this set plus the Christmas bonus!

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2023, 10:42:43 AM »
Christmas morning for Frosty's Snow Cones.

Yes indeed Daryll!  Also great catch!  You certainly have the most encyclopedic knowledge of all Wacky titles to have spotted that one.

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2023, 08:34:19 AM »
SHIPPING UPDATE: DELAY UNAVOIDABLE!
     For those of you that missed the announcement, we have had a setback that will push shipping of the postcards until after Christmas! Even back in the original series there were accidental duplications (Cover Ghoul, for instance), and I'm sure there have been a few dozen since then (has anyone ever counted them all up?) I myself did a Laughing/Loafing Cow parody, only to discover too late it had been done before. One of the postcards in this set turned out to be an idea that had been done previously. Thanks to the catch by an eagle-eyed forum member, we were able to pull it before distribution. This required us to contact the artist, find a new design, have it painted, and then send that to the printer. All the other cards are ready for mailing. As soon as the replacement card arrives, the sets can go out. In all likelihood that will be right after Christmas. We apologize for the delay, and hope you all understand. Thanks!

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2023, 12:51:10 PM »
The Master Spreadsheet is your friend.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2023, 02:29:16 PM »
SHIPPING UPDATE: DELAY UNAVOIDABLE!
     For those of you that missed the announcement, we have had a setback that will push shipping of the postcards until after Christmas! Even back in the original series there were accidental duplications (Cover Ghoul, for instance), and I'm sure there have been a few dozen since then (has anyone ever counted them all up?) I myself did a Laughing/Loafing Cow parody, only to discover too late it had been done before. One of the postcards in this set turned out to be an idea that had been done previously. Thanks to the catch by an eagle-eyed forum member, we were able to pull it before distribution. This required us to contact the artist, find a new design, have it painted, and then send that to the printer. All the other cards are ready for mailing. As soon as the replacement card arrives, the sets can go out. In all likelihood that will be right after Christmas. We apologize for the delay, and hope you all understand. Thanks!

Is this the same "cut parody" that we are getting to see on Christmas morning, or is this a second one now? So confusing!

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2023, 05:21:17 PM »
definitely the one that we couldn't include, but maybe we'll show a few more?

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2023, 06:21:24 PM »
Great job Paul, the set looks great!

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2023, 04:02:11 PM »
Worth the wait!  Thanks for the updates - Communication is key!

Merry Christmas!

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2023, 03:37:29 AM »
Worth the wait!  Thanks for the updates - Communication is key!

Merry Christmas!

Richard
#StayWacky

Yes! Communication is key. Pete I have asked you 3 times in private msgs if you got my payment. Please respond...

jim

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2023, 01:27:42 PM »
Okay Everyone! The replacement postcard has arrived! I'll be stuffing envelopes tonight and tomorrow, and hope to have the sets on their way by this weekend! When the last envelope is mailed, I will close the pool for the original art raffle. Anyone still on the fence about buying a/more set(s) should act now, or lose the chance on a sweet piece of original art! Oh yea, since it is the Sleigh Go art by Greg Panneitz, it is his ONLY parody art EVER (so far) and so would be a totally unique item that no one else will have! A true 1 of 1! Act now!

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2023, 11:24:22 AM »
You will all be pleased to hear that Santa's sleigh is on its way! The postcards were all shipped today, so you should hear the hooves of 8 tiny reindeer on your roof soon (except for the very few I still need an address or payment from). From all of us that put the set together, we wish you Happy Holidays and a Wacky New Year!

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2023, 04:59:24 PM »
and we've got plenty, so even if you decide later, let Pete the Elf know!

Offline mikecho

« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2023, 09:51:36 PM »
Thanks, Pete! Can't wait to get them!

Offline mikecho

« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2024, 10:41:49 AM »
I just got mine today and they're excellent! Thanks again for a great Christmas! I really love the fact that the numbers in this set pick up right where the last set in 2019 left off. Boy. it's been a long time since that one. Btw, Patrick, I hope you're on this like stink on fish...

You know, I had a similar Wacky name for Fruit Brute once, and it was Zoot Suit.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 08:32:24 AM by mikecho »

Offline Swiski

« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2024, 01:07:51 PM »
I received mine today as well! Thank you!!!

Offline quas

« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2024, 02:42:39 PM »
Same here!  Very nice!
Marc

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2024, 05:06:06 PM »
So glad that everyone who has received their set(s) is enjoying it!

Thank you SO much to all the generous artists who participated, and maybe
we'll get a chance to do this again in the near future?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2024, 05:29:24 PM »
Set received. Great Art and Gags. So great to see such a talented group of artists contribute to this set.

Thanks,  Andrew

Offline bludevilok

« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2024, 10:17:54 PM »
I received my set a couple of days ago, but I didn't get a chance to look at them until today.  I must say, the set is well worth the wait, and every Wacky Packages collector will want one if they haven't bought one yet.  I smiled and ho-ho-ho'd at each gag, and of course, the artwork is professional as always.  The cannibal Santa raised an eyebrow, but it made me laugh nevertheless; I have a morbid sense of humor--what can I say?  My spouse appreciated the Nasti champagne and laughed at that more than I did, but that's because I'm not a connoisseur of champagne; I did get the joke, though.  The rest all brought joy and appreciation as well, and the set is is like a Christmas tree topper for the holiday season.

You concept writers and artists have created a spectacular collector's set!  I also appreciate all the effort that all of you put in of your own time to help out Toys for Tots and for making this a wacky holiday season for the Forum.
 :D   :great:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 10:19:42 PM by bludevilok »

Offline Swiski

« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2024, 09:35:33 AM »
I would love to see these postcard sets for all major holidays - St. Valentine's Day, Easter, July 4th, etc....

Offline sirrattles

« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2024, 12:27:26 PM »
Received mine today.  Great job to all!  Really cool set.   :great: :great:

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #63 on: January 06, 2024, 09:54:48 AM »
Got mine and they are AWESOME!!!!!!

Thank you to all the artists who contributed and helped with this project - would love to see more next year!

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #64 on: January 06, 2024, 12:27:04 PM »
Got mine TODAY and they are SUPER AWESOME!!!!!!

Thank you to all the artists who contributed AND SUPER WORK TO ALL INVOLVED - GREAT JOB - ALSO GLAD THEY WEREN'T ---- CANCELLED!!! >( >( >( >( >(

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2024, 10:27:13 AM »
I would love to see these postcard sets for all major holidays - St. Valentine's Day, Easter, July 4th, etc....
  Great idea!!

Offline zerostreet

• The Art of Robert Jimenez
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2024, 04:15:19 PM »
Was able to sit down and look at the set today. Great fun!
The Art of Robert Jimenez
www.zerostreet.com

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2024, 08:22:55 AM »

Thank you all for the positive feedback on our Christmas set! We have closed out the raffle-qualifying sales, and racked up fifty purchases. Since every artist participating donated their art and time, and Paul and I donated production and shipping costs as well, the entire $1,500 is going to Toys for Tots! I plan on writing names on the back of old "discard quality" Wackys, shuffling the deck several times, and then drawing a card to see who wins the original art piece. I'll announce the results as soon as I gather enough junk cards for the project! - Pete the Elf

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2024, 05:03:13 PM »
     Since every artist participating donated their art and time, and Paul and I donated production and shipping costs as well, the entire $1,500 is going to Toys for Tots!

That is very heartwarming. Nicely done, everyone involved!

Offline lcummins

« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2024, 08:44:35 AM »
... I really love the fact that the numbers in this set pick up right where the last set in 2019 left off...

Received my set and love it! I was wondering about the numbering at first... till I saw your post. Now I need to track down that 2019 set.

anything