Author Topic: Christmas Charity Parody Set On Sale NOW!  (Read 7076 times)

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
Christmas Charity Parody Set On Sale NOW!
« on: November 27, 2023, 05:37:03 AM »
   Okay Everyone, Thanksgiving is finally behind us, so it is time to contemplate all things Christmas! And what better combination than parodies and the Holidays, right? Paul Harris has done a fantastic job of creating unique postcards out of the fantastic art from our 10 contributing artists! As mentioned before, everyone involved in this set has donated their time and effort, and the proceeds (minus postage/shipping) will be donated to Toys for Tots! We want to try to get these into your hands in time for Christmas, if possible, so get your orders in right away! The price is $30 PayPal Friends & Family. This is a very limited quantity set, so if you snooze, you lose! PM me directly with your orders. First to pay will be first to ship. I guarantee you will be impressed by this collection of Christmas Holiday Spoofs! Operators are standing by! - Ho Ho Ho!

Offline Swiski

Re: Christmas Charity Parody Set On Sale NOW!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2023, 10:08:08 AM »
PM sent! Just waiting for an email to send a Paypal payment to, and I will pay ASAP.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 01:51:58 PM by Swiski »

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2023, 03:05:00 PM »
PM Sent

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2023, 07:11:04 PM »
   Okay Everyone, Thanksgiving is finally behind us, so it is time to contemplate all things Christmas! And what better combination than parodies and the Holidays, right? Paul Harris has done a fantastic job of creating unique postcards out of the fantastic art from our 10 contributing artists! As mentioned before, everyone involved in this set has donated their time and effort, and the proceeds (minus postage/shipping) will be donated to Toys for Tots! We want to try to get these into your hands in time for Christmas, if possible, so get your orders in right away! The price is $30 PayPal Friends & Family. This is a very limited quantity set, so if you snooze, you lose! PM me directly with your orders. First to pay will be first to ship. I guarantee you will be impressed by this collection of Christmas Holiday Spoofs! Operators are standing by! - Ho Ho Ho!

paypal sent!! STAY WACKY MY FIEND!! ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o :o

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2023, 08:01:07 AM »
Wow! We had a great first day of sales! Thanks for all of the support! For any of you still on the fence, remember how popular Neil's Halloween sets turned out to be, and now they can't be found at any price! Don't let that happen with these! Order some extras, or you'll wish you had!

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2023, 09:31:34 AM »
will these be offered to those not on the forum??

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2023, 01:30:32 PM »
Wow! We had a great first day of sales! Thanks for all of the support! For any of you still on the fence, remember how popular Neil's Halloween sets turned out to be, and now they can't be found at any price! Don't let that happen with these! Order some extras, or you'll wish you had!

Glad you had a good first day of sales, but what email address do we use  to send our paypal funds??

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2023, 01:53:01 PM »
My apologies! I thought I'd responded to everyone who needed the address. For ease of reference, please send orders to pzies@defensegroup.com. We are not currently limiting orders, so feel free to pick up stocking stuffers or gifts for your Wacky friends! Thanks!

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2023, 02:54:44 PM »
Thanks!  Payment sent!

Online quas

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2023, 06:22:25 AM »
Looking forward to it!  Payment sent!
Marc

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2023, 08:38:39 AM »
  Did I forget to mention that 1 of our 10 postcards is a Bonus Card that parodies a Holiday never done before? We've seen Halloween and Christmas and Easter and even Thanksgiving parodies, but have you ever seen a New Year's parody? Buy a set of our Postcards, and you can add one to your collection! Supplies are limited, so act now!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2023, 10:30:19 AM »
Ordered!   Thanks

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2023, 07:29:45 AM »
Thank so much to everyone who has ordered! We've already raised over $1,000 for a worthwhile charity! There are still sets available, and it is our hope that if this run does well, we might be able to do it again next year. Wouldn't it be great to have both Halloween and Christmas sets to look forward to each year? And our postcards are conveniently sized to fit in most standard Christmas stockings!

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2023, 07:29:45 AM »
I'm very proud and honored with the awesome work that
the 10 artists did for this set.  There are 8 holiday/wintery/Christmas-y
parodies and 2 bonus "celebratory" ones that you may think of
after the holidays, if you get my drift  ;)

And remember, it's a fun set all in the spirit of the holidays, and for a good cause, too!

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2023, 07:39:00 AM »
Just out of curiosity, how many members do we have on the forum? It must be more than 30, right? I don't want to disappoint the remaining members when the sale closes, so how do I wake up the holdouts? I mean, who WOULDN'T want a set of Christmas Parody cards for the measly sum of $30??? Especially when you see how good the art is, you are gonna kick yourself if you missed out! 'Nuff Said!

Offline zerostreet

• The Art of Robert Jimenez
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2023, 04:14:55 PM »
Just out of curiosity, how many members do we have on the forum? It must be more than 30, right? I don't want to disappoint the remaining members when the sale closes, so how do I wake up the holdouts? I mean, who WOULDN'T want a set of Christmas Parody cards for the measly sum of $30??? Especially when you see how good the art is, you are gonna kick yourself if you missed out! 'Nuff Said!

995 total members, according to the MEMBERS link above. Looking forward to my set!
The Art of Robert Jimenez
www.zerostreet.com

Offline Gpann101

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2023, 04:58:53 PM »
Just want to clarify a few things...
1) the sale of these sets are only within the forum and not allowed to be promoted outside the group?
2) Would sales help here if there was a teaser of sorts? Like a flyer showing a few examples?

Reiterate that this is for toys 4 tots. I'm sure if sales could venture outside the forum,there may be a fund raiser one like " toys 4 tots" to show people what's being offered here.

Feel free to show my original card art as a way to own it. Buy a set get a raffle ticket..buy 2 sets and get 3..etc.

✌️~GP
« Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 12:15:19 PM by Gpann101 »

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2023, 05:27:21 AM »
995 total members, according to the MEMBERS link above. Looking forward to my set!

Most of the 995 are fake IDs created when we were getting daily spam accounts.  And some are members who have stopped participating.  I would say we have about 60-65 active members and a few lurkers.  The most ever logged in at the same time was 72 (that was back when Neil/Topps had midnight releases).

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2023, 09:28:56 AM »
Most of the 995 are fake IDs created when we were getting daily spam accounts.  And some are members who have stopped participating.  I would say we have about 60-65 active members and a few lurkers.  The most ever logged in at the same time was 72 (that was back when Neil/Topps had midnight releases).

Maybe we should reintroduce those midnight releases!

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2023, 09:47:20 AM »
Not to get too far off topic, but if there are truly only 60-65 active members on here, how do we keep any new releases going, profit-wise? For example, Old School 11? Does everyone buy 5 sets?

Offline mikecho

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2023, 10:12:22 AM »
Again, not to get too far off-topic, but is there any way that the people in charge here can trim or otherwise weed out the tares and keep the wheat, if you know what I mean?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 10:16:48 AM by mikecho »

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2023, 11:26:23 AM »
Just want to clarify a few things...
1) the sale of these sets are only within the forum and not allowed to be promoted outside the group?AGREEDDDDD
2) Would sales help here if there was a teaser of sorts? Like a flyer showing a few examples?YESSSSSSS

Reiterate that this is for toys 4 tots. I'm sure if sales could venture outside the forum,there may be a fund raiser one like " toys 4 tots" to show people what's being offered here.

Feel free to show my original card art as a way to own it. But a set get a raffle ticket..buy 2 sets and get 3..etc.CAN U POST THAT AGAIN

✌️~GP

Offline mikecho

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2023, 09:35:36 AM »
Speaking of postcards, I've got a question.

I went over to my local Staples to get two packages of three-pocket sheet protector pages since I'd run out of them, only to find that they'd been discontinued. Now, how stupid is that?

Can anyone help me find a store that sells these? The three pockets are two 4 3/4" by 7 3/4" in the front of the page and one 8.5" by 11" in the back. I tried looking at Office Depot after the cashier at Stapes suggested it, but they didn't have them at all. She also suggested Walmart or CVS.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 02:01:20 PM by mikecho »

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2023, 09:55:17 AM »
Just go online and buy the Ultra Pro pages!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2023, 10:03:53 AM »
Not to get too far off topic, but if there are truly only 60-65 active members on here, how do we keep any new releases going, profit-wise? For example, Old School 11? Does everyone buy 5 sets?
Well, hmmmm...let's think about it...maybe there are a lot of collectors who aren't on the forum?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2023, 03:26:24 AM »
Well, hmmmm...let's think about it...maybe there are a lot of collectors who aren't on the forum?

Always classy; never quiet.   :)

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2023, 09:37:06 AM »
Always classy; never quiet.   :)
Just answering his question.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2023, 12:12:35 PM »
Just answering his question.

In your special way.  ;)

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2023, 02:47:15 PM »
In your special way.  ;)
I prefer to have my personal touch on my posts.  :)

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2023, 05:53:48 AM »
Hi Folks! I should be able to start mailing sets out in another week or so. There are about 8 members that have expressed interest in the sets but have not sent in payment yet. Please double check to make sure you took that final step! If you decide to order extra sets to up your chance of winning the painting, that's fine too! Just remember, Time Waits For No Man, and Santa's on his way!

Offline drono

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2023, 02:02:10 PM »
Time Waits For No Man, and Santa's on his way!

When my kids would tell me, "I'm coming," I would reply, "so is Christmas, and it's moving faster than you are."

Offline mikecho

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2023, 12:12:26 PM »
PM sent last week. Please PM me and let me know that you received it.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 06:52:48 PM by mikecho »

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2023, 07:02:50 AM »
Hi Everyone! I expect to receive the rest of the cards from the printer some time this week. I should be able to package up the sets over the weekend and get them mailed early next week. I hope that will allow enough time for delivery by Christmas!

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2023, 08:39:55 AM »
Just to provide a quick update, we may be delayed a week or so, due to yours truly.

As was pointed out and hinted at, one of the concepts I provided for one of our
great contributors to paint, it was already done in a WP set back in the 2018 Movies
set, and I feel like a fool for completely forgetting about it.

Even though it was changed out a bit and updated, we're going to replace it
with another awesome holiday parody, so bear with us a few more days.....

Many thanks for your holiday patience!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2023, 09:58:57 AM »
Just to provide a quick update, we may be delayed a week or so, due to yours truly.

As was pointed out and hinted at, one of the concepts I provided for one of our
great contributors to paint, it was already done in a WP set back in the 2018 Movies
set, and I feel like a fool for completely forgetting about it.

Even though it was changed out a bit and updated, we're going to replace it
with another awesome holiday parody, so bear with us a few more days.....

Many thanks for your holiday patience!

Can we please see the artwork anyways? That way we can print out our own as a "cutting room floor" postcard to stick in our binders. Most of us don't care if the parody was made already and it would be a waste to delete the artwork after all your hard work on it!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2023, 10:01:55 AM by Swiski »

anything