Author Topic: Roxanne Toser collection  (Read 1029 times)

Offline Joe G.

Roxanne Toser collection
« on: November 07, 2023, 03:42:44 PM »
Not sure if Wackys will eventually be part of the listings but she must have a heck of a collection I would think.

https://www.hakes.com/Auction/CollectionDetail/463/Roxanne-Toser-Collection

Offline MoldRush

Re: Roxanne Toser collection
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2023, 04:36:54 PM »
She’s wearing some slammin’ Wacky pants in that pic on the Hake’s site.

Despite being older and likely pursuing 50’s and 60’s material as much as anything else during her decades in the hobby field, I always got the sense she’s had a huge soft spot for Wackys.  Pretty sure the first unopened pack I ever bought was from her consignment auctions in NSU.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2023, 08:47:54 PM »
I would be surprised if she has a lot of wackys to sell. She pretty much got cleaned out at shows over the years.  I did find it ironic that a bag of series 15 packs was sitting on her table at like $100 and didn't get snagged til many hours into the last show by Mike Crist.  I would have thought the various dealers who browse the tables in advance would have grabbed it. 
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2023, 04:27:10 PM »
I would be surprised if she has a lot of wackys to sell. She pretty much got cleaned out at shows over the years.  I did find it ironic that a bag of series 15 packs was sitting on her table at like $100 and didn't get snagged til many hours into the last show by Mike Crist.  I would have thought the various dealers who browse the tables in advance would have grabbed it.
The only way I could see there being any major WP inventory is if she maintained a personal collection and is now liquidating.  Woman’s gotta be pushing 80 if not older.  Shoe knows her pretty well I think, he probably knows what’s going on.  Hake’s is a go-to source for selling high-end stuff (mostly comics I think), so this could mean the start of a massive retirement liquidation I’m thinking.  Or maybe something more gradual, who knows.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2023, 08:21:35 AM »
Not sure if Wackys will eventually be part of the listings but she must have a heck of a collection I would think.

https://www.hakes.com/Auction/CollectionDetail/463/Roxanne-Toser-Collection

I would imagine she's got a nice collection of non-sports cards of various types, though I certainly have no knowledge directly.  I do wonder if she's selling it all off or just a bit of it.  Should be interesting to follow the sales.

Offline Corndog

• Corndog....the NEW Blunder
  • There's no need to fear, because Corndog is here.
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2023, 08:46:59 AM »
Looking at the past auctions...looks like we missed the ball on all the Wacky Packages. Awesome price for the 1967 Wacky Ads...WOW!!! Lucky winner there for sure.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2023, 03:13:17 AM »
Looking at the past auctions...looks like we missed the ball on all the Wacky Packages. Awesome price for the 1967 Wacky Ads...WOW!!! Lucky winner there for sure.

Yep, we missed them.    :'(    $1,183 for an EX/NM set of Ads is extraordinary!!  I have more than that invested in the near set of 35 I can't seem to find a home for. 

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2023, 04:55:33 AM »
IMHO auction houses should only be used for super high end items. The Ads would have brought more money on eBay.