Author Topic: My Girls Are in Heavy Metal Magazine!!!  (Read 15602 times)

Offline Plan 9

My Girls Are in Heavy Metal Magazine!!!
« on: October 19, 2010, 12:38:21 AM »
There's a little article about my latest sculpture series in Heavy Metal Magazine this month. It's pretty exciting for me to have my work mentioned in there. HM is a legendary fanboy rag.

Remember the 1981 movie?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_MzWF8YLhY

Offline NEZHEAD42

Re: My Girls Are in Heavy Metal Magazine!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 03:26:27 AM »
That is so awesome! I would love to be in something as cool as Heavy Metal.
Way to go!!!
"What's the point of being grown up, if you can't act childish?" - Doctor Who

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 03:30:10 AM »
There's a little article about my latest sculpture series in Heavy Metal Magazine this month. It's pretty exciting for me to have my work mentioned in there. HM is a legendary fanboy rag.

Remember the 1981 movie?

That is quite cool, Plan Nine. Way to go.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 04:55:41 AM »
Congrats!

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 05:34:30 AM »

Remember the 1981 movie?

That's cool, were you able to get a handful of copies of the magazine to save?
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 07:32:47 AM »
What is Tura Satana? Do you have an image of it?

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 03:03:02 PM »
What is Tura Satana? Do you have an image of it?
Tura Satana is best known for starring in Russ Meyer's "Faster Pussycat...Kill! Kill!". This was just a little collectible statue I put out a couple of years ago.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 03:08:25 PM »
That's cool, were you able to get a handful of copies of the magazine to save?
Sometimes I buy extra copies if the article or interview is substantial. But I've collected up a lot over the years and found I don't have any need for the extras other than to send one to mom.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 05:00:03 PM »
Sometimes I buy extra copies if the article or interview is substantial. But I've collected up a lot over the years and found I don't have any need for the extras other than to send one to mom.
At first I didn’t notice who posted this thread, and during the second it took to load the page I wondered, "What father here is bragging about such a thing!?"
Of course a moment later it all made sense. That's awesome Mark! Really cool. I like the write up.

The term “siren” is interesting to me and I was compelled to look it up for a refresher.
In Greek mythology, a sea nymph, half-woman and half-bird, who was believed to sing beguilingly to passing sailors in order to lure them to their doom on the rocks she sat on
The fact Microsoft Word provides definitions that end in a preposition makes me smile

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 07:50:13 PM »
Tura Satana is best known for starring in Russ Meyer's "Faster Pussycat...Kill! Kill!". This was just a little collectible statue I put out a couple of years ago.
She's mysteriously HOT! I know of Russ Meyer's but never saw the movie. I will have to check if it's available through Netflix streaming.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 06:28:54 AM »
Speaking of Heavy Metal...

* I know a South Park episode a few years back spoofed the Heavy Metal movie.

* If there was a Wacky Packages take on HEAVY METAL magazine (maybe for an Old School series), it would be called "HARDLY METAL" or "HEAVY MUDDLE".

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 06:48:50 PM »
She's mysteriously HOT! I know of Russ Meyer's but never saw the movie. I will have to check if it's available through Netflix streaming.
Faster Pussycat is an intense flick. It's Meyer's best film. Ironically it has no sex or nudity. But you'll realize this movie came from the land of supercool right from the opening scene. Tarantino can only dream of having written this flick. In fact he was quoted in Entertainment Weekly as saying the actress he would most like to work with was Tura Satana.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 09:40:45 PM »
Faster Pussycat is an intense flick. It's Meyer's best film. Ironically it has no sex or nudity. But you'll realize this movie came from the land of supercool right from the opening scene. Tarantino can only dream of having written this flick. In fact he was quoted in Entertainment Weekly as saying the actress he would most like to work with was Tura Satana.

I just checked Netflix and it shows they don't even have a copy. WTF! You can buy ot on Amazon but Netflix doesn't even stock it?

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2010, 10:17:59 PM »
I just checked Netflix and it shows they don't even have a copy. WTF! You can buy ot on Amazon but Netflix doesn't even stock it?
I saved it to my queue anyways. Maybe with enough people showing interest they'll go get one.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 10:52:51 PM »
Russ Meyer's wife has full ownership of his movies. She charges full retail price no matter who orders them. She won't wholesale them to stores. That's why you have to go to specialty shops, ebay and Amazon to find them. Incidentally, she hates Russ's movies and she's letting the negatives rot in a garage somewhere. She wants several million dollars for the rights to his movies and so far nobody is willing to pay.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 12:51:21 AM »
Russ Meyer's wife has full ownership of his movies. She charges full retail price no matter who orders them. She won't wholesale them to stores. That's why you have to go to specialty shops, ebay and Amazon to find them. Incidentally, she hates Russ's movies and she's letting the negatives rot in a garage somewhere. She wants several million dollars for the rights to his movies and so far nobody is willing to pay.

She'll be dead soon and then we can all see them. Isn't she old?

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 02:24:46 AM »
She'll be dead soon and then we can all see them. Isn't she old?
Not really. Unless you're planning on bumping her off. Russ's Playboy wife died in a plane crash so he remarried to a young lady. I'm not sure who would inherit the rights when she's gone but it could be a good thing for the Russ Meyer brand. I think you can go to Tura Satana's website to buy copies of Faster Pussycat and she signs them too.