Author Topic: Something Wacky this way comes...  (Read 61519 times)

Offline Plan 9

Re: Something Wacky this way comes...
« Reply #140 on: October 20, 2010, 09:33:12 AM »
I just noticed that they pulled it down off the home page - makes me wonder if they will have a regular set.  You'd think they'd keep it up if they were intending to sell them soon.

Offline Tic_Toc

• Tic...Tic...Tic...Toc!
« Reply #141 on: October 20, 2010, 09:35:44 AM »
Did anyone have time to save the screen image?

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #142 on: October 20, 2010, 10:01:42 AM »
Crud!  They sold out that fast?  That stinks. 

I hope someone will post scans when they get them.  If nothing else, I'd love to see what the base five look like (I can see four of the five from the image posted above).
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 12:18:18 PM by Crakola Crayons »
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #143 on: October 20, 2010, 10:07:34 AM »
Sheesh, around 11:30 I just thought I'd check in to remind everyone that the sets are online, and next thing I know, they're sold out! WTF?!  >:D

Anyway, I hope everyone will help each other out with trades and stuff.

By the way, there are currently no plans for a regular Halloween edition. 500 sets should have been plenty for all the forum people, who were the only group these were advertised to! Anyway, I guess 'll start a waiting list in case topps has any returns. Send me a PM with your name/email/phone/address if you missed out and I'll see if I can help you out

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE! HOPE YOU ENJOY THE NEW POSTCARDS!

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #144 on: October 20, 2010, 10:08:21 AM »
If anyone has sets to sell to a forum member, please help out Dr. Sushi.

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #145 on: October 20, 2010, 10:10:59 AM »
Sheesh, around 11:30 I just thought I'd check in to remind everyone that the sets are online, and next thing I know, they're sold out! WTF?!  >:D

Anyway, I hope everyone will help each other out with trades and stuff.

By the way, there are currently no plans for a regular Halloween edition. 500 sets should have been plenty for all the forum people, who were the only group these were advertised to! Anyway, I guess 'll start a waiting list in case topps has any returns. Send me a PM with your name/email/phone/address if you missed out and I'll see if I can help you out

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE! HOPE YOU ENJOY THE NEW POSTCARDS!
Neil.......thankz to you and your band of artists,I am sure these will be super once again!!
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #146 on: October 20, 2010, 10:41:26 AM »
I predict this set sells out faster than any other postcard set.

I just knew it! Under an hour... Amazing. Especially considering it's 500 sets this time!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: October 20, 2010, 10:43:49 AM »
I just knew it! Under an hour... Amazing. Especially considering it's 500 sets this time!

500 sets, and only advertised on the forum, just two days ago.

« Reply #148 on: October 20, 2010, 10:44:56 AM »
Just got a message from Topps saying my order has been shipped
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2010, 11:03:52 AM »
Just got a message from Topps saying my order has been shipped

That's great that they are shipping today!

The forum sure was buzzing this morning:

"Most Online Today: 54. Most Online Ever: 66 (July 15, 2010, 08:50:51 PM)"

VX HYPERSPACE

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #151 on: October 20, 2010, 12:09:11 PM »
Did you pick-up somewhere that they would start shipping out today?  I thought they sometimes take a day or 2 to actually start shipping?

No, I guess I just assumed they would ship today or tomorrow. I was thinking it would probably be tomorrow so that is why I did overnight to have them on Friday. I can't wait!
I see DPV got shipping notice.
I sure hope because of this quick sale that they don't bump the next postcards higher.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #152 on: October 20, 2010, 12:12:22 PM »
No, I guess I just assumed they would ship today or tomorrow. I was thinking it would probably be tomorrow so that is why I did overnight to have them on Friday. I can't wait!
I see DPV got shipping notice.
I sure hope because of this quick sale that they don't bump the next postcards higher.

Well it look like you were right.  I got a shipping notification as well.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

« Reply #153 on: October 20, 2010, 12:20:41 PM »

It's beyond me why the limited is not 3,THREE IS TWO MORE THAN ONE

Offline mallomartian

« Reply #154 on: October 20, 2010, 12:38:00 PM »
I finally got one of these limited editions!
Im never in the loop, I usually miss out.
I was able to keep checking this morning as I have nothing better to do at work.. :P dont tell

Offline Playbug

• Visit my website !
    • jeffxmusic.com
« Reply #155 on: October 20, 2010, 12:39:08 PM »

In your avitar, It looks like Sally didn't get any Halloween Postcards. According to Linus the Great Pumpkin was supposed to have them.
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Offline Kook

« Reply #156 on: October 20, 2010, 12:41:10 PM »
It's beyond me why the limited is not 3,THREE IS TWO MORE THAN ONE
I think it would be a neat idea to have a "master set" option in addition to buying single sets for random artists. The master set would include a sketch from each artist along with some type of special premium. This way the completist wouldn't have to spend a fortune on ebay to complete a set. Then you could trade sketches, but it wouldn't be a cost prohibitive and difficult task to get a sample of each artist's work. There would still be plenty of room for trading and selling even with this option.

As it is now, the limit is 5, but there are 6 artists that did sketches. Even if you were lucky enough to meet the deadline and incredibly lucky to get all different artists with your order limit, there is no way you could make a set.

Offline Fool-Aid

« Reply #157 on: October 20, 2010, 12:43:35 PM »
Bummmmer..I got shut out of these too..if anyone has an extra set they are willing to sell please pm me, thx

« Reply #158 on: October 20, 2010, 01:04:34 PM »
Bummmmer..I got shut out of these too..if anyone has an extra set they are willing to sell please pm me, thx
Please check the Postcard Series 7 thread I just posted over there

« Reply #159 on: October 20, 2010, 01:05:48 PM »
Check the Postcard Series 7 thread I just posted over there

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #160 on: October 20, 2010, 02:50:10 PM »
Check the Postcard Series 7 thread I just posted over there

Technically this Halloween postcard set is not Series 7. As Neil said, "Series 7 should be released sometime in the not-so-distant future."

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #161 on: October 20, 2010, 02:54:19 PM »
In your avitar, It looks like Sally didn't get any Halloween Postcards. According to Linus the Great Pumpkin was supposed to have them.

Ha! Poor Sally, maybe next year  :P

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #162 on: October 20, 2010, 03:17:00 PM »
I think one is winter and one is summer for Northeast states. Just something to confuse us it seems!
hmm? only in the Northeast? nah, Daylight Time is *nationwide* during the summer, except for Arizona.
Eastern Daylight Time
Central Daylight Time
Mountain Daylight Time
Pacific Daylight Time
we're all in Daylight Time right now
I just find it odd that people would spell out Eastern Standard Time, which has a very specific meaning (GMT-5hrs), instead of just saying Eastern or ET.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #163 on: October 20, 2010, 03:27:01 PM »

By the way, there are currently no plans for a regular Halloween edition. 500 sets should have been plenty for all the forum people, who were the only group these were advertised to! Anyway,

The problem with this is all the money grubbers come to the forum now.

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #164 on: October 20, 2010, 03:30:19 PM »
and they must have a network of buddies helping them out.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #165 on: October 20, 2010, 03:37:23 PM »
and they must have a network of buddies helping them out.

Absolutely.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #166 on: October 20, 2010, 03:38:32 PM »
I think it would be a neat idea to have a "master set" option in addition to buying single sets for random artists. The master set would include a sketch from each artist along with some type of special premium. This way the completist wouldn't have to spend a fortune on ebay to complete a set. Then you could trade sketches, but it wouldn't be a cost prohibitive and difficult task to get a sample of each artist's work. There would still be plenty of room for trading and selling even with this option.

As it is now, the limit is 5, but there are 6 artists that did sketches. Even if you were lucky enough to meet the deadline and incredibly lucky to get all different artists with your order limit, there is no way you could make a set.

HERE! HERE!  I like you Bill!  You and I think alike.  LOL!

Rob (completist)

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #167 on: October 20, 2010, 03:41:11 PM »
Technically this Halloween postcard set is not Series 7. As Neil said, "Series 7 should be released sometime in the not-so-distant future."

That's true, and we should try to keep the threads separate, because when series 7 does release it will be very confusing.  We should rename this thread 2010 HALLOWEEN POSTCARDS. 

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #168 on: October 20, 2010, 03:47:47 PM »
That's true, and we should try to keep the threads separate, because when series 7 does release it will be very confusing.  We should rename this thread 2010 HALLOWEEN POSTCARDS. 

We should just start a new thread about the release. This was just about the announcement. The new thread would be pics and such

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #169 on: October 20, 2010, 03:52:34 PM »
What do these usually cost?
I've never gotten in on them and only know ebay prices >(
Will these be numbered again? 300 again?

Well here is the seller so obviously he got in on them this time

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #170 on: October 20, 2010, 04:52:46 PM »
Keep refreshing the page. More sets should come available sporadically today and tomorrow.
That just seems cruel to me. "Sold Out", for the moment? That is beyond funny! A wonderful oxymoron.

Today I was too busy harvesting rice to open a browser to get in on this one, but I am enjoying reading this thread instead.

Collecting stuff sure has changed!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #171 on: October 20, 2010, 05:04:32 PM »
I had my buddy who works from home get me some today. Many thanks to Neil for the heads up on the exact time of sale so I could ask my friend to help.I got shut out on Rel 6 and then was helped out by Neil's waiting list. I have one sketch from each release and two from the last one since they are on two different cards.
I got my shipping notification this evening also.

DrDeal

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #172 on: October 20, 2010, 06:06:40 PM »
That just seems cruel to me. "Sold Out", for the moment? That is beyond funny! A wonderful oxymoron.

Today I was too busy harvesting rice to open a browser to get in on this one, but I am enjoying reading this thread instead.
Collecting stuff sure has changed!

For some, I would suggest changing "collecting" to "amassing" and for some others "profiteering".
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #173 on: October 20, 2010, 06:44:31 PM »
Before we start questioning the ethics of people who want to make money selling collectibles I'd like to ask these questions first.

1. Since Topps put out a series that requires you buy six to complete your set, then sets a limit of five sets per customer, is it still unethical to find a way to buy more sets?

2. When one of us sells a sketch card on ebay and makes a crazy profit on it, is that seller unethical because he didn't offer it at what you think is a "fair" price?

3. Should we condemn every collectibles dealer in the world for their "profiteering"? Or maybe just the ones who are "official" dealers. The rest of us aren't allowed to profit, right?

4. Have you ever been grateful that something you missed out on came available on ebay, even at a high price? I sure have!

5. Before we start burning people at the stake I want to make sure of something. Are we talking about frivolous collectibles or the last of the word's clean drinking water?

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2010, 07:28:20 PM »
I finally got one of these limited editions!
Im never in the loop, I usually miss out.
I was able to keep checking this morning as I have nothing better to do at work.. :P dont tell

Hey Amy, I promise I won't tell anyone where you work that you get on the computer to check out important things like Wacky's-LOL.