Author Topic: ZURU MEGA GROSS MINIS  (Read 2862 times)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
ZURU MEGA GROSS MINIS
« on: August 17, 2023, 08:56:47 AM »
Just curious if anyone else is collecting these. They are executed very well, but are much more on the GPK gross end of the humor spectrum than Wackys normally are. Probably not everyone's cup of tea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-z4rp6HZkc
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 09:01:58 AM by sco(o)t »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
Re: ZURU MEGA GROSS MINIS
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2023, 12:40:16 PM »
I can certainly see the familial resemblance, but I'd have the same problem with them that I had with the Wackys Minis, which is that they don't fit into a 9 pocket page easily! I guess it is a fun way to modernize the concept for today's youth, but it just isn't my bag. I definitely enjoyed the video you sent though. Thanks!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2023, 02:47:52 PM »
That video was really funny!!  The items are clearly much larger than we are used to, and have much more detail, colors, special wording on the labels, etc.  But, at $15 apiece, who will buy them?  If you want the stickers, I say ebay is the way to go.  If you want slime, there has to be a cheaper source!  And, that takes up two of the five items in the pod, so it is like $5 per "mini."  They are also VERY gross.  Although I did sorta like a few of them.......

Pass, for me.  As in, won't buy, not as in "gas."

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2023, 03:46:45 PM »
LOL.  that was fun to watch. "I am not a slime connoisseur"
large and detailed pieces, some really nice, and certainly gross.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2023, 06:57:54 PM »
That video was really funny!!  The items are clearly much larger than we are used to, and have much more detail, colors, special wording on the labels, etc.  But, at $15 apiece, who will buy them?  If you want the stickers, I say ebay is the way to go.  If you want slime, there has to be a cheaper source!  And, that takes up two of the five items in the pod, so it is like $5 per "mini."  They are also VERY gross.  Although I did sorta like a few of them.......

Pass, for me.  As in, won't buy, not as in "gas."

There are about 10 sellers on eBay with “pick one” type sales. Many of the titles can be obtained for $1.50 or $2 apiece. I purchased a couple dozen of titles I like. One nice thing about this set, IMO, is the chase items are special versions of base titles. So it’s possible to collect most titles without breaking the bank. On the down side, the stickers are pretty lackluster.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline drono

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2023, 12:56:20 PM »
I think Super Impulse should make something similar to this collector's case for their minis.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/354981873309

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2023, 09:10:29 AM »
Super Kool - I agree SI should have something similar- Displaying and properly keeping together is important Dennis,

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline mikecho

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2023, 12:20:28 PM »
I thought the one with the tarantula on top of it was really clever.

anything