Author Topic: [W.O.W.] Old School 1 Sketch Card Thread  (Read 8366 times)

Offline wackyman

• ^ GOD is spelled wrong, should say DEVIL ^
    • World Of Wackies
[W.O.W.] Old School 1 Sketch Card Thread
« on: March 12, 2010, 04:41:59 PM »
I've just added 107 unique 'known' sketch cards to the W.O.W. Galleries, This is the thread to discuss any of the cards, AND if you come across any cards that are NOT in the gallery as  of now (3-12-10) Please post them here with a note (ADD THIS SKETCH)

I've copied and resized ALL of the sketches that were posted in the old "registry thread" so if you posted them there, then they are in the current gallery.

I will also be making a few "Spot the differences" games that I will post in this thread later on ;)

CLICK HERE FOR THE SKETCH GALLERY!

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: [W.O.W.] Old School 1 Sketch Card Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 05:56:29 PM »
Dude, I was clicking through the pictures and I got a 'flood protection' warning. Was I using all your bandwidth  :D

Offline wackyman

• World Of Wackies
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 05:59:24 PM »
Dude, I was clicking through the pictures and I got a 'flood protection' warning. Was I using all your bandwidth  :D

lmao,  I was hoping that "Flood Protection" was for something else lol,  turning that off as well lmao

-Jay-

Offline wackyman

• World Of Wackies
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 06:03:08 PM »
with regards to the sketches,  I'm finding the little differences of the beanie hat's pretty sweet!
Here's a little pic I made with some of the different cards:

-Jay-

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 07:24:24 PM »
Very cool! You've got What me wacky in there twice. Brad took a photo and then later scanned it. It's the same card.

Offline wackyman

• World Of Wackies
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 07:34:43 PM »
Very cool! You've got What me wacky in there twice. Brad took a photo and then later scanned it. It's the same card.

Can you point out which two are the doubles?

And do you mean the gallery or that montage I made two posts up?

-Jay-

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 09:12:55 PM »
It's on page 7. It's the one with the guy in the suit thinking "what? me wacky?"

Offline BaudLight

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 10:36:45 PM »
Hey Jay, thanks for making this gallery.  I had mentioned in a different thread that I would like to see all the "exotics, etc..." that show up.  I have a particular interest in the "beanie guys" too, since I have one that may be one of a kind (it is in your galllery).  I look forward to exploring the rest of the W.O.W. site.

BaudLight

Offline wackyman

• World Of Wackies
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 10:40:49 PM »
Hey Jay, thanks for making this gallery.  I had mentioned in a different thread that I would like to see all the "exotics, etc..." that show up.  I have a particular interest in the "beanie guys" too, since I have one that may be one of a kind (it is in your galllery).  I look forward to exploring the rest of the W.O.W. site.

BaudLight

Glad you liked the gallery :)

I'm getting all the scans  together for all the base sets of ANS 1 - ANS 6 ready to add right now,  I've just got to finish ANS6 then I can start uploading and adding the albums,  should be live in a few hours or so (I just threw a pot of coffee on so I'm good for the rest of the night / morning lol)

Then all I have to get  done is FB I and FB II (and the 86 and 79 series) and I'll have ALL  of the Topps issues live on the site :)

-Jay-

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 01:32:04 AM »
with regards to the sketches,  I'm finding the little differences of the beanie hat's pretty sweet!
Here's a little pic I made with some of the different cards:
(Image removed from quote.)

-Jay-
There's a Dums guy at the bottom facing to the left - I thought those all faced right, lie on the Wacky.  Did you reverse the image?

Offline wackyman

• World Of Wackies
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 01:39:17 AM »
There's a Dums guy at the bottom facing to the left - I thought those all faced right, lie on the Wacky.  Did you reverse the image?

Yes I actually flipped a few of them if I recall, I was going for more of a graphical pleasing look and not a 100% accurate type thing.

-Jay-

Offline wackyman

• World Of Wackies
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 06:07:47 AM »
Added these two sketches to the gallery:

-Jay-
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 06:14:56 AM by wackyman »

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 06:14:44 AM »
I've just added 107 unique 'known' sketch cards to the W.O.W. Galleries, This is the thread to discuss any of the cards, AND if you come across any cards that are NOT in the gallery as  of now (3-12-10) Please post them here with a note (ADD THIS SKETCH)

I've copied and resized ALL of the sketches that were posted in the old "registry thread" so if you posted them there, then they are in the current gallery.

I will also be making a few "Spot the differences" games that I will post in this thread later on ;)

CLICK HERE FOR THE SKETCH GALLERY!Jay you are a workaholic:::::::very nice job
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline DrSushi

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 06:51:10 AM »
Glad you liked the gallery :)

I'm getting all the scans  together for all the base sets of ANS 1 - ANS 6 ready to add right now,  I've just got to finish ANS6 then I can start uploading and adding the albums,  should be live in a few hours or so (I just threw a pot of coffee on so I'm good for the rest of the night / morning lol)

Then all I have to get  done is FB I and FB II (and the 86 and 79 series) and I'll have ALL  of the Topps issues live on the site :)

-Jay-

All I can say is:

WOW!   WOW!   WOW!   WOW!   WOW!   WOW!   WOW!   WOW!   WOW!   WOW!   WOW!   WOW!   WOW!   WOW!   WOW!   WOW!   

wackyone

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 06:51:21 AM »
Added these two sketches to the gallery:

-Jay-

I wish i could have bought that,,it didn't last long at $700
It really captures classic 60's underground,almost has a R.Crumb quality.
Great page 'wackyman' ;thanx for getting all this together for us!
 8)

Offline RonZombie

• (AKA)"Ron of the Dead"
  • Take a "BITE" out of life!
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2010, 08:35:49 AM »
That is one FINE sketch! :o
"Treat others the way you like to be treated"

Offline quas

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 04:44:58 AM »
I just posted the following new thread but I thought it might be appropriate to insert it here as well:

I have a 1979 unopened test pack that I got a few years ago. It's in nice shape.  I am willing to trade the stickers inside (I don't know what they are or how many there are), sight unseen, for an "exotic" Old School sketch if I don't already have it.  I'd keep the wrapper and trade the stickers.

Marc
Marc

Offline kidwacky

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2010, 06:49:52 AM »
 :^) I might not remember this correctly, but didn't someone pull Jay's cat sketch?? or did I dream it??!!! LOL

Offline quas

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 07:33:50 AM »
That one would work for me!  It is now my understanding that there should be 4 stickers inside the test pack (but one never knows for sure until it's opened!).
Marc

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 08:15:54 AM »
:^) I might not remember this correctly, but didn't someone pull Jay's cat sketch?? or did I dream it??!!! LOL

I had not heard that the cat sketch had surfaced, although people were discussing it on the old forum.

Offline quas

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2010, 08:33:53 AM »
Maybe it's hiding under a couch!   ;D
Marc

Offline kidwacky

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2010, 08:39:59 AM »
I had not heard that the cat sketch had surfaced, although people were discussing it on the old forum.
I must have seen it on Topps Sketch Poster. Can you igamine how much it could sell for?!! It was a one of kind.

Offline kidwacky

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2010, 08:44:32 AM »
Maybe it's hiding under a couch!   ;D
Or in the window watching the cars go by!! LOL
Our cat used to sit up high somewhere in the house and wait for our dog to go by, then he would jump on him and scare the heck out of him. then they would chase each or around the house for a while. the dog got even though. he would find the cat asleep, sneak up and do a loud bark and then run like Hell. :]

anything