Wacky Packages Discussion > Original Series

Favorite Pack Pull

(1/5) > >>

JailOJohn:
Feeling the need for some nostalgia…What is your favorite Wacky you ever pulled from a pack in the wild??? Why did it mean so much to you?

Paul_Maul:
Eight or nine years ago I bought two 7th series gumless packs at the Allentown show for $15 total. I opened them at the show and pulled this:

I submitted it to PSA and got this:

I traded it to another collector for what I considered to be a nicer PSA 9 Grime Heavy and about $500 worth of other graded wackys.

That was always one of my favorite aspects of PSA grading: the ability to turn very little into quite a lot.

Paul_Maul:
The above has nothing to do with nostalgia really. While I wish I did, I have very few specific memories of opening packs in 1973, when I was not even 7 years old.

freetoes:

--- Quote from: JailOJohn on June 14, 2023, 04:41:37 AM ---Feeling the need for some nostalgia…What is your favorite Wacky you ever pulled from a pack in the wild??? Why did it mean so much to you?

--- End quote ---

I've told the story a few times over the years, but my first purchase was most memorable. I was already familiar with Cheapios, since it was so common (Robert Sibley had one stuck on his desk; he colored in the white lettering in "Fortified With Iron"). Chef Girl-ar-Dee and Escuire were new discoveries, and Wormy Packages was my introduction to the concept of self-parody. Brute 88 and Freetoes then rounded out the lot.

MadMike:
My favorite pack pull was when I pulled a Kentucky Fried Fingers sticker as a kid. That was the coolest thing ever. For that reason, it still ranks as my favorites today.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version