Author Topic: Postcard Series 7  (Read 39506 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Postcard Series 7
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2010, 04:00:00 PM »
dang. and they're all sold too at that price. 1 buy it now, 2 accepted through an offer, and the others on a pending offer. It's amazing they sold that fast at such an insane markup.

He still shows 5 for sale with 3 sold. How did he get more than 5 sets? Could he be screwed over sheen his other order gets cancelled by topps?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2010, 04:12:08 PM »
That is the reason Topps only allows 5 sets per household. I'm sure some have used buddy accounts and such. I'm sure if ordered for multiple people and used various addresses but used my same credit card that Topps would stop those. I would hope so.

The five sets per household isn't stopping the greed brigade.  They had that limit last time, and there were sellers listing dozens of phase 1 sets, and then phase 2 sets.

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2010, 04:41:43 PM »
The purchase limit should be 1 or 2 sets at the most per household,that's it. That's why I could care less about the postcards,too much hassle and way too much $$$ for something that you can't even peel and stick. Why not just produce enough so most people can get a set without the grief or having to deal with asshole profiteers on Ebay? Screw the postcards...give me good ole stickers anyday. I will buy Old School 2 though.

You are right.  I'd love the Postcard sets to be released as stickers in some future set. 
Even when I'm on the lookout at the toppstore something happens to me and I can't get a set of postcards.  This time I fell asleep cause I have the flu. 

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2010, 05:49:48 PM »
That is the reason Topps only allows 5 sets per household. I'm sure some have used buddy accounts and such. I'm sure if ordered for multiple people and used various addresses but used my same credit card that Topps would stop those. I would hope so.

Since Topps allows payment by PayPal, it doesn't even matter what credit card is used, right? Just as long as the Paypal account, which is simply tied to an email account, is different. The Paypal accounts could use the same credit card/bank account/etc. I'm just saying.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2010, 06:05:41 PM »
The five sets per household isn't stopping the greed brigade.  They had that limit last time, and there were sellers listing dozens of phase 1 sets, and then phase 2 sets.

Yeah I seem to recall a forum poster even saying he got around the limit by having his family members buy sets.  And didn't think anything was wrong with that!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2010, 07:00:22 PM »
Wasn't it one main seller, the schmuck from Chicago?  He was on ebay and this forum so maybe he appeared to be many people.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2010, 07:32:31 PM »
You are right.  I'd love the Postcard sets to be released as stickers in some future set. 
Even when I'm on the lookout at the toppstore something happens to me and I can't get a set of postcards.  This time I fell asleep cause I have the flu. 

Well we do have the bio-sets since series 4 which shows all of the postcard titles in trading card size, so all they would need to do is have the 9 cards from series 1-3 printed-up to make a complete set.  I would love to see them do this, and I would display them all as one set if I had them all.  That would be around 24 cards after the Halloween set is released.  That would make a nice set!
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2010, 07:36:14 PM »
Well we do have the bio-sets since series 4 which shows all of the postcard titles in trading card size, so all they would need to do is have the 9 cards from series 1-3 printed-up to make a complete set.  I would love to see them do this, and I would display them all as one set if I had them all.  That would be around 24 cards after the Halloween set is released.  That would make a nice set!

I remember you mentioned that once before, and I thought it was a great idea! Just need to figure out how it would fit into a future release.

Offline Kook

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2010, 07:38:35 PM »
I remember you mentioned that once before, and I thought it was a great idea! Just need to figure out how it would fit into a future release.

Maybe as a poster???

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2010, 07:44:49 PM »

It makes sense because you already the art and it catches up the first 3 series to a similar format from series 4-6.  What if for series 7 you had sets of 3 (by series) inserted into the postcard sets.  If cost is an issue you could eliminate the bonus card for that series, or just charge a little more, like $45.00 per set.  Then collectors could trade around to get all 9, but it would only require 3 sets to get all 9.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2010, 07:46:23 PM »
Maybe as a poster???

No!  Were looking for a trading card set!  Imagine having every postcard in one big trading card sized set?  That would be cool, no?

Offline Kook

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2010, 07:50:17 PM »
No!  Were looking for a trading card set!  Imagine having every postcard in one big trading card sized set?  That would be cool, no?

Why think either or??? Why not both? Look how cool the old school sketch card poster is. Maybe the poster could include the postcards in 1 section, the artists bios in another and some sample sketches in another section. That would be a nice poster. A trading card set would be nice also.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2010, 07:53:59 PM »
Why think either or??? Why not both? Look how cool the old school sketch card poster is. Maybe the poster could include the postcards in 1 section, the artists bios in another and some sample sketches in another section. That would be a nice poster. A trading card set would be nice also.

I'm all for a poster if it doesn't eliminate the trading card set!  Putting sketch cards on it may be a lot of work because you need hi-res scans for all series. I guess that's not that big a deal.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2010, 08:37:39 PM »

That's why it's cool to be part of a forum, where fellow collectors help each other out. Don't worry, I'm sure people will be offering some of their extra sets for sale here once people get them in hand. Happens with every series.

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2010, 06:52:48 AM »
:sign0065:

Turbo, again. I just LOVE the back of the wrapper!

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2010, 07:39:41 AM »
Turbo, again
And $3.00 for shipping, you would think for $210.00 shipping would be free
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

wackyone

« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2010, 07:44:10 AM »

Offline Turbo

« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2010, 08:32:05 AM »
:sign0065:

http://cgi.ebay.com/WACKY-PACKAGES-HALLOWEEN-POSTCARD-SET-SEALED-Hand-/190459157364?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c58401b74

SOME of you people seem to care so much what everyone else is doing.

I missed out on series 6 postcards and didn't whine and complain like SOME of yous. I bit the bullet and paid eBay prices. I contacted a few forum members to see if they had a extra set they could sell for $150 and everyone on here I asked wanted $200-$250 which is ok because they are active forum members.

I spent $20,000+ this year on topps cards so what's the big freaking deal if I sell one of the 5 sets I bought. I kept hitting the refresh button on my iPhone from 8am till they went live so I wouldn't miss out like I did on series 6.

It's ok though when a active forum member sells one of their sets for $200+ but if someone that isn't on the forum does it it's the end of the world for SOME of you.

I left you people alone on here since everything I do it seems someone has something to say when I never talked shit or started anything with anyone. I thought this forum was for people to meet each other, talk about wackys and have a good time, guess I'm wrong because what I see a lot on here is the same FEW people that have nothing better to do then talk about what other people are doing. What else is funny some of the people that want to bash me, try to be nice then when I have something they want for their collection and they email me asking if I have one for them and sometimes I give in since I'm a nice person and will try and help anyone I can, why should I though, they want to talk crap and I help them out anyways. I'm not going to call anyone out but the people know who they are.

Don't the few that pick on people have a job or anything better to do that your so worried what others are selling their stuff for. Must suck to wake up in the morning and think who will I talk about today.

I don't make profit on a lot of stuff I sell and I'm not in this hobby to make money which is hard to make a profit when you want to keep everything for your own collection. I got a couple collectors wacky ans7 return sketch cards for exactly what I paid and didn't make a penny towards the card supplies and shipping supplies I used that I paid for when I could of listed them on eBay and made hundreds extra! I like helping other people out with their collection. I sold the 5 golds I pulled from ans7 for $250 when I could of listed them on eBay for $400 and made more but I was helping 2 collectors complete their gold set which to me is rewarding helping others out.

Who cares if I sell one of my sets for $200+, the money goes right back into the hobby to buy more topps products for my 3 room full personal collection!

If someone buys it they are ok with the price, I'm not holding a gun to anyones head making them buy it.

I'm not refering to everyone which is why I put SOME in caps because the people that act like children over this know who they are.

SOME of you think you know everything, I already sold one of my sets to a friend for $85 that missed out on ordering, but if I was so greedy I would tell him that I can't since I can get $200 on eBay. I'm keeping 3 sets, selling 1 on eBay and the other set went to a friend for $85.
My 3 year old daughter is more mature then SOME of you!!!

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2010, 08:49:46 AM »
I'm not refering to everyone which is why I put SOME in caps because the people that act like children over this know who they are.

I mentioned your name and for that I apologize, I didn't say or intend anything in a negative way. I have never said one word about your selling prices. I don't care if you sell them for 10¢ or a thousand dollars, IMO that's your business not mine.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2010, 10:13:14 AM »
I mentioned your name and for that I apologize, I didn't say or intend anything in a negative way. I have never said one word about your selling prices. I don't care if you sell them for 10¢ or a thousand dollars, IMO that's your business not mine.
So your saying "turbo again" caused his 1000 word lecture?  Maybe Turbo needs to learn to relax and get some thicker skin and not be so paranoid thinking the world is thinking about him all the time.

The have nots will always whine about the haves.  It has been happening since people inhibited the planet.  People are going to set loose standards on what is cool and 99% of the time, the standards are self serving.  I have sold stuff to people at cost only to watch them immediately flip the items on ebay.  This makes me cautious of helping people just as Turbo pointed out. 

Turbo has every right to make money if he wants to as long as he isn't using multiple addresses to hoard extra sets and he isn't begging for "gimme a break prices" to only flip for more on ebay.  I have no reason to believe he does either.  If it irks some people that he sells wrappers or sells items that are available on Topps website for more than Topps, get over it.  The buyers are the idiots who can't be bothered to research things properly.  Topps is at fault for not being able to reach people who seem to believe items are only available on ebay.

All of my dealings with him have been good and I have never heard of any examples of his screwing people on a deal.  We have a hobby that has criminals who are faking packs, shilling auctions and sometimes come across ebayers who run off with money or ship crap.  I think we should be more focused on those folks than worrying about who flips collectibles for a legitimately earned profit.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2010, 10:38:19 AM »
So your saying "turbo again" caused his 1000 word lecture?

It wasn't my comment that he was responding to. I really just meant to comment on the back of the wrapper being cool and in the process I mentioned the seller's name. I replied to his post because I just wanted to make sure that he knew that I was not saying anything negative about him or his selling prices. It's all good.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2010, 10:47:45 AM »
I think everyone is blowing this way out of proportion. One guy says he thinks this is too much of a crazy price and another one just mentions a the sellers name. Nothing was said about an individuals selling practice. No one is saying anyone screwing someone. I'm glad he said who the seller was because I couldn't tell on my phone because of crappy service at my hotel. I'm curious as to who
Has gotten their sets and what they got. I want to see the cool sketches.
Turbo, take it easy because we are not going to bash you. I made a comment awhile back that I wish I could take back.about one of your auctions. I just thought at the time it was humorous. No offense and it won't be brought up again.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2010, 10:52:14 AM »
It wasn't my comment that he was responding to. I really just meant to comment on the back of the wrapper being cool and in the process I mentioned the seller's name. I replied to his post because I just wanted to make sure that he knew that I was not saying anything negative about him or his selling prices. It's all good.

That is my point, other than your totally innocent mention of his name and a link to his auction being posted by someone, nothing was said yet he went off the deep end as if a whole new round of Turbo bashing took place which is not the case.  He is a good guy, I have met him in person.  I think this forum in general has pulled back in attacking him but his 1000 word lecture doesn't help his cause.

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2010, 10:59:02 AM »
This new postcard set is AWESOME! I cannot wait to see what sketch cards I get!

:06:

wackyone

« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2010, 11:17:19 AM »
Holy crap man settle down...did you type all that rant on your i-phone?..LOL
$20,000 this year on Wacky's??,,are you workin' with Gary?

Why the hell do you need to buy that many,,and keeping 3 sets?...why to sell for millions later?,,oh ya to sell to friends that missed out,,,thanks to you of coarse.
People are pissed cause they wait all year and then hoarders come along and buy them all in 2min.

I know a ton of guys here do it but it would be nice for a change to get a set the way we were meant too,we're not all made of money for christ sake.
Makin'money with older wacky's is one thing but these sketches bring in so much money that this is becoming a form of organized crime and i guess people can't help themselves.Shit next the dam UPS trucks will be gettin' jacked!
If Topps only sold 1 set per household or whatever,they would take a while to sell out.

« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2010, 11:30:58 AM »
Hey.......I agree with lowering the number of setz that can be purchased that would stop me from getting 5 setz.I keep $300.00 in my bank account,if i could have purchased 7 setz i would have done so no doubt about it. I think we me it's a control thing,i get to control what happens with the 4 extra setz.      Lance
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2010, 11:35:21 AM »
Shit next the dam UPS trucks will be gettin' jacked!
how do we know that's not what actually happened to those 150 sketches from Postcards 6???   ;)

Offline bandaches

« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2010, 03:01:40 PM »
Holy crap man settle down...did you type all that rant on your i-phone?..LOL
$20,000 this year on Wacky's??,,are you workin' with Gary?

Why the hell do you need to buy that many,,and keeping 3 sets?...why to sell for millions later?,,oh ya to sell to friends that missed out,,,thanks to you of coarse.
People are pissed cause they wait all year and then hoarders come along and buy them all in 2min.

I know a ton of guys here do it but it would be nice for a change to get a set the way we were meant too,we're not all made of money for christ sake.
Makin'money with older wacky's is one thing but these sketches bring in so much money that this is becoming a form of organized crime and i guess people can't help themselves.Shit next the dam UPS trucks will be gettin' jacked!
If Topps only sold 1 set per household or whatever,they would take a while to sell out.
How did you miss out again? It was announced here the day before that 11:00 was the time.  The server didn't crash or anything that I am aware of so it seems anyone online shortly after 11:00 still got sets.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2010, 05:25:28 PM »
So your saying "turbo again" caused his 1000 word lecture?  Maybe Turbo needs to learn to relax and get some thicker skin and not be so paranoid thinking the world is thinking about him all the time.

The have nots will always whine about the haves.  It has been happening since people inhibited the planet.  People are going to set loose standards on what is cool and 99% of the time, the standards are self serving.  I have sold stuff to people at cost only to watch them immediately flip the items on ebay.  This makes me cautious of helping people just as Turbo pointed out. 

Turbo has every right to make money if he wants to as long as he isn't using multiple addresses to hoard extra sets and he isn't begging for "gimme a break prices" to only flip for more on ebay.  I have no reason to believe he does either.  If it irks some people that he sells wrappers or sells items that are available on Topps website for more than Topps, get over it.  The buyers are the idiots who can't be bothered to research things properly.  Topps is at fault for not being able to reach people who seem to believe items are only available on ebay.

All of my dealings with him have been good and I have never heard of any examples of his screwing people on a deal.  We have a hobby that has criminals who are faking packs, shilling auctions and sometimes come across ebayers who run off with money or ship crap.  I think we should be more focused on those folks than worrying about who flips collectibles for a legitimately earned profit.

Ernie,
You mention that you're okay with profiting as long as nobody bought more than five sets. Are we allowing Topps to set the moral standards now? Are we not allowed to buy six sets to complete the bio card set just because Topps says thou shalt not?

Here's a thought. If someone lists a set for a high price they become the subject of scrutiny and criticism. But if they list it at a low price and buyers bid it up to an even crazier price then nobody seems to take moral issue with it. Isn't it funny how subjective the whiner's morals are around here?

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2010, 09:16:06 PM »
Ernie,
You mention that you're okay with profiting as long as nobody bought more than five sets. Are we allowing Topps to set the moral standards now? Are we not allowed to buy six sets to complete the bio card set just because Topps says thou shalt not?

Here's a thought. If someone lists a set for a high price they become the subject of scrutiny and criticism. But if they list it at a low price and buyers bid it up to an even crazier price then nobody seems to take moral issue with it. Isn't it funny how subjective the whiner's morals are around here?

Read my reply in the wacky coming thread. You are getting too excited about this. We have no idea of what people will pay. If you don't like a sketch, dump it! Why is that an issue. If you want to try the open market then so be it. I don't care because I personally will sell what I don't need or want. It may help someone else out. We really shouldn't be sale snobs because if people won't pay what you want then it's not worth it.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2010, 10:41:24 PM »
Read my reply in the wacky coming thread. You are getting too excited about this. We have no idea of what people will pay. If you don't like a sketch, dump it! Why is that an issue. If you want to try the open market then so be it. I don't care because I personally will sell what I don't need or want. It may help someone else out. We really shouldn't be sale snobs because if people won't pay what you want then it's not worth it.
Just because I want to discuss a topic doesn't mean I'm "excited" about it.

« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2010, 11:59:57 PM »
I really don't think it's in Topps business plan to make things as easy as possible for the completists,1 bio card per set I would think is to promote trading among collectors.

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2010, 04:51:23 AM »
I really don't think it's in Topps business plan to make things as easy as possible for the completists,1 bio card per set I would think is to promote trading among collectors.
There are 500 bio cards total. 7 different cards. I hope there aren't more than 71 completists because the other 429 collectors can't get a full set. The bio cards are going to get HOT.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2010, 05:14:22 AM »
Just because I want to discuss a topic doesn't mean I'm "excited" about it.

You posted the same question in 2 different threads so you must be a little excited ;)

anything