Author Topic: Postcard Series 7  (Read 39485 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: Postcard Series 7
« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2010, 09:54:08 AM »
so if only about 100 people got in on the sale that's really a shame so many missed out on a great release
it's great artwork and most of us will never own any of it,,,this just don't seem right at all,,in fact IT SUX!!!

I just posted in another thread that you can buy the postcard sets on ebay. You won't get the bonus, bio, or sketch card but you can buy the postcards and wrappers cheaper than what the sets cost from Topps. Most people can get a postcard set if they want one.

wackyone

« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2010, 09:57:13 AM »
You DID know this. You know this from the stories of the previous 6 sets.  Somehow, you are always on the outside looking in. It almost seems to be a self fulfilling prophecy.  I have a Sketch poster for you from the show.  Do you want to follow up and claim it?  $15 plus shipping and tube cost.  BRad mailed me a tube and I just mailed his posters back to him in his tube.

i'll admit i was NOT on the ball about this release,, but dam,, do you have to keep rubbing it in?
with only about 100 people getting in on it i dout i even had a chance from what i can tell

and thanx for the fair but the late offer,,i have 2 posters on the way,,at last..i pulled my request down a while ago

wackyone

« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2010, 09:59:51 AM »
I just posted in another thread that you can buy the postcard sets on ebay. You won't get the bonus, bio, or sketch card but you can buy the postcards and wrappers cheaper than what the sets cost from Topps. Most people can get a postcard set if they want one.

ya i know,, but like i said i wanted bio's and a chance to open my own packs
i have already made about 6 offers on various sealed packs for upwards of $120 and nothing yet,,,
i guess i can't afford this release at all it seems

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2010, 10:06:18 AM »
ya i know,, but like i said i wanted bio's and a chance to open my own packs
i have already made about 6 offers on various sealed packs for upwards of $120 and nothing yet,,,
i guess i can't afford this release at all it seems

Why not just part it out if you can't afford the sealed set? You never know what sketch you will get so it's a total crap shoot at least now you can get what you want. I bought the sealed PC6 set off ebay a week ago for $160 and it had an Alpha Bits sketch in there. I was hoping for a Neil combo sketch but it wasn't to be. It was a total waste of money but I wanted to take that risk. Now you have an opportunity to be more selective and build a great set. The prices will come down on some sketches. There are already 3 hippie sketches on ebay that aren't doing too well.

wackyone

« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2010, 10:20:38 AM »
i got about 300 burnin' a hole in my PP account but i just can't bite the bullet on at full price one yet
with bio's so rare maybe $170 will seem like a deal soon?

i just made a $140 offer and got declined..i'm about done i think
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 10:46:12 AM by wackyone »

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #110 on: October 23, 2010, 10:56:29 AM »
i'll admit i was NOT on the ball about this release,, but dam,, do you have to keep rubbing it in?
with only about 100 people getting in on it i dout i even had a chance from what i can tell

and thanx for the fair but the late offer,,i have 2 posters on the way,,at last..i pulled my request down a while ago
I don't mean to be rubbing it in but it seems all of your posts are you lamenting missing out yet again on something you knew the rules about.  It you were as passionate about complaining about this as you were in being ready when they went on sale, I suspect you would have gotten some from Topps.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #111 on: October 23, 2010, 11:00:02 AM »
Why not just part it out if you can't afford the sealed set? You never know what sketch you will get so it's a total crap shoot at least now you can get what you want. I bought the sealed PC6 set off ebay a week ago for $160 and it had an Alpha Bits sketch in there. I was hoping for a Neil combo sketch but it wasn't to be. It was a total waste of money but I wanted to take that risk. Now you have an opportunity to be more selective and build a great set. The prices will come down on some sketches. There are already 3 hippie sketches on ebay that aren't doing too well.
Be careful of sealed PC6 sets as I got a pack that was attempted to be resealed from our infamous hoarder from Chicago.  It came out so poorly that it was presented to me as a complete open set instead w the very common version of Maulboro.  I still have the wrapper for show and tell for the next show.  The glue is completely different than the glue used by topps, it looks like rubber cement.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #112 on: October 23, 2010, 01:39:07 PM »
so if only about 100 people got in on the sale that's really a shame so many missed out on a great release
it's great artwork and most of us will never own any of it,,,this just don't seem right at all,,in fact IT SUX!!!

By great artwork are you referring to the postcards or the sketch cards?  If it's the postcards your referring to that's important to you there will be plenty of sets for $10-$15 bucks, without the other bonus items. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #113 on: October 23, 2010, 05:16:33 PM »
I don't mean to be rubbing it in but it seems all of your posts are you lamenting missing out yet again on something you knew the rules about.  It you were as passionate about complaining about this as you were in being ready when they went on sale, I suspect you would have gotten some from Topps.
That's a fair point. I wasn't sure I'd be able to wake up at 8am (PT) for the release so I stayed up the whole night to be sure I would be up.

Unfortunately being that tired led me to make that goofy mistake of buying 5 albums, which then led to Topps canceling the album order for me AND canceling my postcard order. But that's beside the point.

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
  • "...I'll stop the world and melt with you..."
    • Martin's View (blog about music, TV, movies and comics)
« Reply #114 on: October 23, 2010, 08:35:31 PM »
I'd at least want a set of the postcard art, and if they don't do a regular set, as with the Halloween postcards, I could truly miss out.

I echo this sentiment.  I'd love to be able to get a regular set of the Halloween postcards.  I don't care about the sketch, the special wrapper, etc.  I'd love to be able to buy just a regular set.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #115 on: October 23, 2010, 08:38:19 PM »
I echo this sentiment.  I'd love to be able to get a regular set of the Halloween postcards.  I don't care about the sketch, the special wrapper, etc.  I'd love to be able to buy just a regular set.

Martin, I have the set and wrapper on ebay. I could pull one to sell to you on the side if you like. Just PM me:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230541680270

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
« Reply #116 on: October 23, 2010, 08:43:20 PM »
Martin, I have the set and wrapper on ebay. I could pull one to sell to you on the side if you like. Just PM me:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230541680270

Brad, thanks for the link.  That's still a little rich for my blood at this point.  I know you have to sell these at a reasonable price to make back some of your cost.  What I was implying by my post was that I would love if Topps could sell these postcards only (no bells, no whistles) for something in or under the $10 mark.  Ah well.  I'll just have to enjoy the images from afar.  I can live with that since my pocketbook can't really afford spending much.  Thanks for thinking of me though.
My blog on music, comics, film and more - Martin's View - http://mcmaenza.blogspot.com/

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #117 on: October 23, 2010, 11:27:16 PM »
...I would love if Topps could sell these postcards only (no bells, no whistles) for something in or under the $10 mark. 

Like all the postcard series before. I loved being able to get just the postcards for well under 10 bucks, including shipping.
It was a real nice package for a super reasonable price.  I bought a bunch just to give as gifts and stocking stuffers.

Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2010, 12:39:09 AM »
Like all the postcard series before. I loved being able to get just the postcards for well under 10 bucks, including shipping.
It was a real nice package for a super reasonable price.  I bought a bunch just to give as gifts and stocking stuffers.

Times haved changed!

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #119 on: October 24, 2010, 02:04:06 AM »

I think the cheap sets are only unavailable for the Halloween series.

Offline Beanball

« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2010, 08:00:12 AM »
No!  Were looking for a trading card set!  Imagine having every postcard in one big trading card sized set?  That would be cool, no?
A trading card set would be cool. I don't like the poster idea.

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2010, 08:05:12 AM »

The idea has been tossed around. Maybe we'll see it happen one day?

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2010, 08:05:55 AM »
same here. a poster is useless for me.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2010, 09:56:47 AM »
Brad, thanks for the link.  That's still a little rich for my blood at this point.  I know you have to sell these at a reasonable price to make back some of your cost.  What I was implying by my post was that I would love if Topps could sell these postcards only (no bells, no whistles) for something in or under the $10 mark.  Ah well.  I'll just have to enjoy the images from afar.  I can live with that since my pocketbook can't really afford spending much.  Thanks for thinking of me though.

Martin, if it's just the postcards you would like w/o the wrapper I'll sell you a set for 10 bucks plus postage.  I'll do 2 more sets like this if anyone else wants a set. 

Offline Fool-Aid

« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2010, 11:52:41 AM »
Thanks for the offer, i would like to take your offer if u still have any left.

Offline Crakola Crayons

• 10+ years of homemades
« Reply #125 on: October 25, 2010, 03:18:29 AM »
Martin, if it's just the postcards you would like w/o the wrapper I'll sell you a set for 10 bucks plus postage.  I'll do 2 more sets like this if anyone else wants a set. 

Rob, PM has been sent to you.

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #126 on: October 25, 2010, 07:26:54 AM »
Rob, PM has been sent to you.

My extra sets are all spoken for at this point.  Glad I could help out a few.

Offline Fool-Aid

« Reply #127 on: October 25, 2010, 12:12:54 PM »
Thanks again Rob, I will pay via paypal tonight when I get home from work. Much appreciated and looking forward to seeing these in person.

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #128 on: October 25, 2010, 06:36:41 PM »
Why do you think the artists are on the forum?

For the chicks.

Offline Sue Mee

• and Sometimes I'm LipOff
« Reply #129 on: October 25, 2010, 06:40:11 PM »
Sue Mee is AKA LipOff
My Home-Made Wackys

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #130 on: October 25, 2010, 06:53:01 PM »
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline bandaches

« Reply #131 on: October 25, 2010, 08:52:18 PM »
My extra sets are all spoken for at this point.  Glad I could help out a few.
I am making the post card set and wrapper available for $25 shipped.  I have 3 left.  If promo card is needed, will make the package $45.  This seems to be less than ebay prices if I am not mistaken.  First come, first served.

anything