Author Topic: Postcard Series 7  (Read 39517 times)

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
Postcard Series 7
« on: October 16, 2010, 05:27:33 AM »
Well, we've heard the possibility that OS 2 will be released between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Any word on when Postcard Series 7 will be out?  I've already started saving my $.

Offline Plan 9

Re: Postcard Series 7
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 05:37:53 AM »
Well, we've heard the possibility that OS 2 will be released between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Any word on when Postcard Series 7 will be out?  I've already started saving my $.
Yeah, why do these postcard releases always have to be a surprise? We get months of advance notice on everything else but when it comes to postcard releases we get a day or two notice.

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 03:49:26 PM »
Yeah, why do these postcard releases always have to be a surprise? We get months of advance notice on everything else but when it comes to postcard releases we get a day or two notice.

That's a good question.  I thinks Neil is just tryin to give forum members a heads up.  Mark did your make any contributions to postcard series 7?  My guess is that they will come out BEFORE OLDS 2.  If the past couple of releases are any hint, I believe they will come out the last week of October or the first week of November.  Just a wild guess though as I have no inside info. At any rate, we've been very fortunate to have had so many things come out the last 12-18 months.  I just wish there was another calendar slated for this year.  I love looking at the one that's hanging next to my computer.

eman

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 03:59:58 PM »
From shoptopps on Twitter this afternoon:

"ON SALE Nov 20th.2010 Topps Wacky Packages Halloween Postcard Set. Available at shoptopps.com while supplies last. Sketch card in every set"

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 04:37:26 PM »
From shoptopps on Twitter this afternoon:

"ON SALE Nov 20th.2010 Topps Wacky Packages Halloween Postcard Set. Available at shoptopps.com while supplies last. Sketch card in every set"
errr, Nov 20?? I guess that's ok, as it'll divert all the twitter folks from those of us hoping to buy on Oct 20

Offline Plan 9

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 05:36:35 PM »
That's a good question.  I thinks Neil is just tryin to give forum members a heads up.  Mark did your make any contributions to postcard series 7?  My guess is that they will come out BEFORE OLDS 2.  If the past couple of releases are any hint, I believe they will come out the last week of October or the first week of November.  Just a wild guess though as I have no inside info. At any rate, we've been very fortunate to have had so many things come out the last 12-18 months.  I just wish there was another calendar slated for this year.  I love looking at the one that's hanging next to my computer.

eman
Topps could easily send a mass email and make an announcement on their website weeks in advance.

I don't paint for Topps anymore. I've been around the block. I can't put up with the shit you have to put up with when you're the new kid. Any painting I do now will be for my own card or sticker series.

Offline paste_anyplace

• is just this guy, you know?
    • Fred Wheaton's home page at hipsteria.com
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 06:41:30 PM »
errr, Nov 20?? I guess that's ok, as it'll divert all the twitter folks from those of us hoping to buy on Oct 20

That struck me as an odd date, but then Fox used to postpone the annual Simpsons Halloween shows until November because of football.

That tweet was posted in the 3:00 o' clock hour this afternoon and hasn't been corrected.... http://twitter.com/shoptopps

wackyone

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 11:24:15 AM »
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 11:26:19 AM by wackyone »

Offline Swiski

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 11:25:58 AM »
well it's Oct. 20th
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wacky-Packages-Halloween-Postcards-Sealed-Set-SKETCH-/120636503197?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c167ef49d

Whoa!!! He can't be one of us. He's selling all 5 of his. Maybe Topps can conveniently lose his package.

Offline Feetena

• 10....err, 9 toes in every bowl!
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 11:37:35 AM »
Whoa!!! He can't be one of us. He's selling all 5 of his. Maybe Topps can conveniently lose his package.

Love the price gouging.  What a sc*mbag.

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010, 11:38:19 AM »
well it's Oct. 20th
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wacky-Packages-Halloween-Postcards-Sealed-Set-SKETCH-/120636503197?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c167ef49d

and topps is outa them already!!!!???
this is bullsh!t

This is way too much.  Sold out again.  I am home sick with the flu and fell asleep at 1:35 and did not get up uintil 2:30 and missed out.  What crap!  Topps stinks.  

VX HYPERSPACE

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 11:38:55 AM »

I don't know if I could even let 3 go...

Offline Feetena

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 11:44:56 AM »
I don't know if I could even let 3 go...

Exactly the point, he could care less about Wackys.  This tool was probably flipping condos in Florida a few years back!!

Offline quas

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2010, 11:46:20 AM »
Why wouldn't Topps make more of them (say half would have sketch cards and half wouldn't - the "Lotto" element) and double their monetary take?  I don't get it.  And to buy for $40 and sell for $189 is quite a gouge, but the person will likely get that amount since I doubt very many people caught that 30-minute window of opportunity.
Marc

wackyone

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 11:50:00 AM »
I went in a was about to make him an offer and said; SCREW HIM!
I don't even wanna pay $80 at this point

Offline Feetena

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2010, 11:54:39 AM »
I went in a was about to make him an offer and said; SCREW HIM!
I don't even wanna pay $80 at this point

I think we should all bombard his ebay email account about what a jerk he is! 

wackyone

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2010, 11:57:14 AM »
I think we should all bombard his ebay email account about what a jerk he is! 

ya or make really lowball offers but he's got it setup to regect them all below $100 i bet,,,SCUM

Offline View Monster

• Sights For Sore-Eyes
  • ___ a.k.a. wackyfan ___
    • Non-Sport trading cardz
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2010, 12:13:25 PM »
ya or make really lowball offers but he's got it setup to regect them all below $100 i bet,,,SCUM

It does seems ridiculously high but what if the sketch cards are super wicked cool and they sell for MORE than $200? He is listing his stuff without even seeing what he has yet. I can't wait to see what I got!

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2010, 12:14:24 PM »

The greed is unbelievable. 

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2010, 12:18:03 PM »
The greed is unbelievable. 

And in my opinion that is the reason these sell out so fast.  I believe the majority of sales are from customers looking to network as many sets as possible with the intention of profiting, not necessarily collecting.  When the sketch cards were selling for $50.00 each it wasn't so bad.  Hopefully the 500 sets will help and prices will be reasonable.
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Kook

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2010, 12:22:37 PM »
And in my opinion that is the reason these sell out so fast.  I believe the majority of sales are from customers looking to network as many sets as possible with the intention of profiting, not necessarily collecting.  When the sketch cards were selling for $50.00 each it wasn't so bad.  Hopefully the 500 sets will help and prices will be reasonable.

I think pricing will depend on how many "variations" are determined & how good the sketches are. Look at the price difference between a pc6 Neil super combo and an alphabytes sketch. The effect of a 500 vs 300 sketch qty should be very interesting to see on the secondary market. I still can't believe they almost doubled output, and this set sold out faster than the one before!

Offline quas

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2010, 12:24:07 PM »
He's just dropped the BIN price from $190 to $170.  How very thoughtful of him!  :D
Marc

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2010, 12:28:51 PM »
I think pricing will depend on how many "variations" are determined & how good the sketches are. Look at the price difference between a pc6 Neil super combo and an alphabytes sketch. The effect of a 500 vs 300 sketch qty should be very interesting to see on the secondary market. I still can't believe they almost doubled output, and this set sold out faster than the one before!

Hopefully John Zeleznik puts a little more time into his this time around.  All of the other artists did a great job.  I have a feeling these will all be pretty good. 
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Kook

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2010, 12:32:04 PM »
Hopefully John Zeleznik puts a little more time into his this time around.  All of the other artists did a great job.  I have a feeling these will all be pretty good. 

If they are anything like Neil's halloween sketches for the forum last year, these will be highly desirable. Hopefully they will be really nice.

Offline ROID

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2010, 12:33:13 PM »
The purchase limit should be 1 or 2 sets at the most per household,that's it. That's why I could care less about the postcards,too much hassle and way too much $$$ for something that you can't even peel and stick. Why not just produce enough so most people can get a set without the grief or having to deal with asshole profiteers on Ebay? Screw the postcards...give me good ole stickers anyday. I will buy Old School 2 though.

Offline quas

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 01:44:06 PM »
I'd like to purchase one and help out your friend at the same time.  Please count me in.

Marc
Marc

Offline quas

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2010, 01:46:37 PM »
By the way, I had made an offer of $60 to the ebay gouger who has the packs listed at $170.  He ever so graciously dropped the price from $170 to $160.  How sweet. >(
Marc

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2010, 01:56:06 PM »
I'd like to purchase one and help out your friend at the same time.  Please count me in.

Marc
Marc.......thankz 2 setz still available
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2010, 02:24:58 PM »
This is way too much.  Sold out again.  I am home sick with the flu and fell asleep at 1:35 and did not get up uintil 2:30 and missed out.  What crap!  Topps stinks.  

Topps really needs to do the subscription thing for postcard releases. That will eliminate people's grief of missing out.

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2010, 02:35:34 PM »
Marc.......thankz 2 setz still available

I'd like 1.  I will PM you as well.

eman

Offline deadpresidentsvisa

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2010, 02:47:03 PM »
I'd like 1.  I will PM you as well.

eman
OK........it's yours and I did hear from a 3rd person via the private messages so all 3 setz are spoken for  thank you  I will let all 3 of you know when I have the setz in hand,maybe friday.
"DID YOU TRY MONKEYING WITH IT" FROM *THE HOT ROCK*....ROBERT REDFORD...ZERO MOSTEL

Offline eman

• Erik Bowen (aka eman)
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2010, 03:21:10 PM »
OK........it's yours and I did hear from a 3rd person via the private messages so all 3 setz are spoken for  thank you  I will let all 3 of you know when I have the setz in hand,maybe friday.

Ok, thanks.

eman

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2010, 03:28:28 PM »
He's just dropped the BIN price from $190 to $170.  How very thoughtful of him!  :D
dang. and they're all sold too at that price. 1 buy it now, 2 accepted through an offer, and the others on a pending offer. It's amazing they sold that fast at such an insane markup.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2010, 03:39:49 PM »
dang. and they're all sold too at that price. 1 buy it now, 2 accepted through an offer, and the others on a pending offer. It's amazing they sold that fast at such an insane markup.

This just encourages people to buy even more and flip them.  It hasn't happened to me yet, but when I finally get totally shut out of one of these sets, I'll be damned if I pay one of these greedy people their ridiculous prices.  And, then, since I won't be able to 'collect them all' to my own standards (one sketch from each artist), I might just start selling some older sets.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 03:42:38 PM by RawGoo »

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2010, 03:50:58 PM »
This just encourages people to buy even more and flip them.  It hasn't happened to me yet, but when I finally get totally shut out of one of these sets, I'll be damned if I pay one of these greedy people their ridiculous prices.  And, then, since I won't be able to 'collect them all' to my own standards (one sketch from each artist), I might just start selling some older sets.

That is the reason Topps only allows 5 sets per household. I'm sure some have used buddy accounts and such. I'm sure if ordered for multiple people and used various addresses but used my same credit card that Topps would stop those. I would hope so.

anything