Author Topic: Wiki Packages - The Wacky Packages Wiki Page  (Read 3417 times)

Offline Swiski

Wiki Packages - The Wacky Packages Wiki Page
« on: May 19, 2023, 08:52:19 AM »
I just discovered the Wiki Packages page. I figured it's been around for a while, but I never bothered to research it.

Here's the link...
https://wacky-packages.fandom.com/wiki/Home

Kudos to the person who maintains it, finding images of the real life products to compare to the parodies! If you never need any help with those, I have a large real products image collection as high quality JPGs.

How come no Original Series or 2016-2017 stickers are allowed to be included?

Offline mikecho

Re: Wiki Packages - The Wacky Packages Wiki Page
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2023, 09:23:27 AM »
From what I've seen of it just now, this is almost (but not quite) an exact duplicate of lostwackys.com, all the way down to the un-updated Wacky DVDs in ANS4. (We know there's 11 roughs for this subset out there and he only has seven of them, just like lostwackys.com has. The only question now is how do we give him the other four roughs (Gnome Alone, Gross, Paws and Plump Fiction) so he can put them in the website?)

I also think what he meant to say in the second line of Rules was "No 2016-2018 Stickers".

UPDATE: I just looked at the Wacky DVDs from ANS4 and under Furious George, this guy published the ANMS sticker that's a parody of the first book, not the rough art for the parody of the DVD.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2023, 04:03:40 PM by mikecho »

Offline Swiski

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2023, 10:40:47 AM »
Someone is maintaining and updating this if it's the old Lost Wackys site. The recently released 2023 set images are posted there.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2023, 01:39:53 PM »
weird site.
while many images are new scans, there are a good number of them that are simply stolen from Greg's site

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2023, 02:01:17 PM »
Steve, thanks so much for posting this.  Seeing the real life image comparison is a blast.  I checked for a number of the gags I wrote and although not perfect, whoever dug up the product images did a really good job.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2023, 06:55:18 AM »
Since this website seems to be a slightly updated version of lostwackys.com, does anyone know how Rusty's doing? Last I heard, he was very ill.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 01:13:02 PM by mikecho »

Offline mikecho

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2023, 07:03:04 AM »
I also saw that the person who made this website changed the names of 2014 S1 and 2015 S1 to ANS12 and ANS13, respectively. Nice touch, since that's exactly what they are.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2023, 08:19:14 AM »
I also saw that the person who made this website changed the names of 2014 S1 and 2015 S1 to ANS12 and ANS13, respectively. Nice touch, since that's exactly what they are.
That is not what they are though. At all.
That’s just fanwank.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2023, 10:14:54 AM »
That is not what they are though. At all.
That’s just fanwank.
Fanwank? Please explain. Are those two series that different from the previous 11 ANS?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2023, 10:18:00 AM »
Fanwank? Please explain. Are those two series that different from the previous 11 ANS?

The point is that the series are called what Topps decided to call them. A fan’s judgment of what they should be called is quite meaningless and irrelevant.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2023, 10:20:34 AM »
The point is that the series are called what Topps decided to call them. A fan’s judgment of what they should be called is really quite meaningless.
Okay, I see. You're right, definitely. I just thought it was a nice touch.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2023, 12:24:47 PM »
Now the page says: "No 2016-2019 Stickers".

It still should be "2018" No Wackys were released in 2019, AFAIK.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2023, 10:46:48 AM »
There's another thing I just noticed about this site: there's no unpublished ANS1 Wackys.

Offline drono

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2023, 11:24:25 AM »
There's another thing I just noticed about this site: there's no unpublished ANS1 Wackys.

Methinks you doth protest too much.  Hopefully you're not losing sleep over what a fan publishes.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2023, 01:38:17 PM »
Methinks you doth protest too much.  Hopefully you're not losing sleep over what a fan publishes.
Oh no, I'm not. I was just wondering, mainly because if this person has shifted things over from Rusty's old site, I wonder why he/she didn't get these. There's links to unpublished ANS2-ANS6 Wackys, but no ANS1 ones, and I know there's three of them - Little Drippie Snot Cakes (which was made in 1991 and was going to be in the lost 1992 Series), Snot Pockets and Swansong Chicken Snot Pie made with Tossin' Chicken Mucous (yes, that how it's spelled on the Wacky).

UPDATE: I just noticed that Senior Poligripe isn't listed on the ANS7 page, either. Again, is there any way to get in touch with the maker of this site and ask if he/she can fix this?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2023, 04:09:12 PM by mikecho »

Offline drono

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2023, 06:17:40 AM »
Oh no, I'm not. I was just wondering, mainly because if this person has shifted things over from Rusty's old site, I wonder why he/she didn't get these.

Again, is there any way to get in touch with the maker of this site and ask if he/she can fix this?

It sounds to me like you're losing sleep over it.  :]

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2023, 08:05:02 AM »
This wiki thing is nnnneeeevvvvveeerrrrr going away

Offline mikecho

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2023, 09:39:06 AM »
No, I can wait. It's just a question of time. Besides, I think I've found everything I'd like to be done on it, if at all possible.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2023, 12:47:29 PM by mikecho »

Online bigtomi

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2023, 10:21:06 AM »
I think I've found everything that needs to be done on it.
Well, then...now I bet the page author will sleep better.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2023, 11:22:41 AM »
no, I can wait. It's just a question of time. Besides, I think I've found everything that needs to be done on it.

I’m not sure “needs” is the right word 🤔

Offline mikecho

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2023, 12:11:55 PM »
I’m not sure “needs” is the right word 🤔
Okay, what would you say it is? I can fix it if you'd like.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2023, 12:36:40 PM »
Okay, what would you say it is? I can fix it if you'd like.

OK. Please change it to: “I think I’ve found everything I’d like to be done on it.”

Offline mikecho

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2023, 12:48:10 PM »
OK. Please change it to: “I think I’ve found everything I’d like to be done on it.”
Done. I even added something else, too.

Offline drono

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2023, 05:41:59 AM »
I think I've found everything I'd like to be done on it, if at all possible.

Here's an idea for you.  Create your own, then you can control what goes in it, and how it's presented, etc.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2023, 10:21:08 PM »
Here's an idea for you.  Create your own, then you can control what goes in it, and how it's presented, etc.
I would if I only knew how to do it, but I don't, so I can't.

Offline drono

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2023, 06:23:04 AM »
I would if I only knew how to do it, but I don't, so I can't.

Can't never could - Google it.  There's plenty of information on this new thing called the "Internet" or "World Wide Web" - what a great invention by Mr. Albert Gore.  You could even try using ChatGPT or one of the new AI programs.  Other than their struggles with simple math problems, they can tell you how to do almost anything.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2023, 08:15:11 PM »
i just joined the site and submitted my changes on the Home talk page. Well, here's hoping somebody sees it and actually does somerthing about it.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 07:53:18 PM by mikecho »

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2023, 03:06:34 PM »
Just for fun, I asked Chat-GPT (version 3 ... the free version you don't have to give your info to use) this question & got an interesting answer:

What is the most popular Wacky Packages title?

ChatGPT:
The most popular Wacky Packages title is difficult to determine as popularity can vary among different individuals and at different times. However, some of the most well-known and iconic Wacky Packages titles include "Cracked Animals," "Awful Apples," "Cornzilla," "Goose Busters," and "Weeples." These titles have gained significant recognition and are often featured in various Wacky Packages collections and merchandise.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2023, 03:30:07 PM »
Just for fun, I asked Chat-GPT (version 3 ... the free version you don't have to give your info to use) this question & got an interesting answer:

ChatGPT:
The most popular Wacky Packages title is difficult to determine as popularity can vary among different individuals and at different times. However, some of the most well-known and iconic Wacky Packages titles include "Cracked Animals," "Awful Apples," "Cornzilla," "Goose Busters," and "Weeples." These titles have gained significant recognition and are often featured in various Wacky Packages collections and merchandise.

I’ve agonized, but I just can’t decide what is my all-time favorite wacky - Goose Busters or Weeples….

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2023, 05:04:54 PM »
I’ve agonized, but I just can’t decide what is my all-time favorite wacky - Goose Busters or Weeples….

What is this, left twix right twix? Everyone knows its Weeples...

Offline freetoes

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2023, 10:26:44 AM »

ChatGPT:

Somehow I feel less concerned about workers being replaced by AI.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2023, 08:59:47 PM »
Well, at least one thing I told this person about the web site was done.

In ANS4's Wacky DVDs section, the rough art for Furious George was finally put into it and the Furious George sticker from ANMS April 2021 was finally listed correctly as well.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 09:02:27 PM by mikecho »

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2023, 05:27:15 AM »
Well, at least one thing I told this person about the web site was done.

In ANS4's Wacky DVDs section, the rough art for Furious George was finally put into it and the Furious George sticker from ANMS April 2021 was finally listed correctly as well.

That’s a relief! 👍

Offline mikecho

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2023, 09:27:35 AM »
That’s a relief! 👍
Yes, it is, isn't it?

Now, the next really big thing is to complete the sections Unused Wacky Packages ANS1 to ANS4 and ANS6 (ANS5 didn't have anything listed), which I know are on lostwackys.com. This is, of course, the ones that were all finished and ready to go before Topps said "No" to them. Most of the roughs, the web site's got already.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 12:43:10 PM by mikecho »