Author Topic: SI World's Smallest Micro Cards - Wacky Packages  (Read 12133 times)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
SI World's Smallest Micro Cards - Wacky Packages
« on: May 11, 2023, 08:57:32 PM »
Looks like there will be a new item of miniature stickers inside a miniature wrapper.
Oddly packaged with GPK mini stickers

https://superimpulse.com/worlds-smallest/micro-card/

Offline Plastered Peanut

Re: SI World's Smallest Micro Cards - Wacky Packages
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2023, 10:30:38 PM »
Looks like there will be a new item of miniature stickers inside a miniature wrapper.
Oddly packaged with GPK mini stickers

Very odd indeed.   I personally don't see a big cross-over market.   Wackys are (or at least were) funny and wacky and zany.   GPK's are gross and banal and not funny.   IMO, of course!   
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2023, 03:47:16 AM »
Very odd indeed.   I personally don't see a big cross-over market.   Wackys are (or at least were) funny and wacky and zany.   GPK's are gross and banal and not funny.   IMO, of course!

Not to mention that the two products appeal to different generations in a nostalgic sense. Nothing about GPK appeals to me on any level, and it gets annoying when the two products are grouped together.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2023, 04:04:34 AM »
Not to mention that the two products appeal to different generations in a nostalgic sense. Nothing about GPK appeals to me on any level, and it gets annoying when the two products are grouped together.

Amen!   I get annoyed when I (very rarely) go to fairs and/or flea markets and ask for Wackys, and get a puzzled look, and then try to describe Wackys, and then get a big smile of acknowledgement and get pointed to GPK's.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2023, 04:31:54 AM »
"A perfect Easter gift"???
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 04:39:07 AM by RawGoo »

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2023, 04:34:05 AM »
"A perfect Easter gift"???
Easter = vomit/puss/zits?

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2023, 06:03:25 AM »
Easter = vomit/puss/zits?
Don’t forget about snot and farts  ;D

Offline Swiski

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2023, 08:21:16 AM »
I wonder how many different stickers there will be to track down. Those are pretty cool and I will buy a few packs for sure. Please report here who finds these in the wild and where you found them. Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 08:24:50 AM by Swiski »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2023, 08:32:42 AM »
I wonder how many different stickers there will be to track down. Those are pretty cool and I will buy a few packs for sure. Please report here who finds these in the wild and where you found them. Thanks!

The way I read it is 15, 5 Wackys, 5 GPK, and 5 "mystery," either Wackys or GPK.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 08:34:50 AM by RawGoo »

Offline drono

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2023, 08:47:33 AM »
I'll probably buy one or two just to keep unopened and try to find the Wackys via 3rd party.  I also hate GPK and WP being grouped together; I have zero interest in GPK.  I guess I would compare them to dad jokes (WP) and 1st grader jokes (GPK). 

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2023, 10:25:31 AM »
These look like good miniatures, and I collect miniatures!
A

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2023, 10:29:51 AM »
The way I read it is 15, 5 Wackys, 5 GPK, and 5 "mystery," either Wackys or GPK.
Per package., you’ll get 5 or 10 Wacky micros.
But curious what the total checklist count will be.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2023, 12:29:59 PM »
Per package., you’ll get 5 or 10 Wacky micros.
But curious what the total checklist count will be.

Thanks for posting about this. I will buy these.  Me Like Micro Stuff Mucho.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2023, 02:03:54 PM »
You read how many stickers come in a pack.   They have not disclosed how many different stickers there will be. I will inquire with SI.
I checked with Little Obsessed and they will have these cards. Susan at that site was great to work with for the first two Mini releases.
She has asked SI for availability dates for this release as well as Wacky Minis Series 4.

Does anyone want to venture a guess as to how many cards there will be? Maybe 100 Regular Wackys and 20 Chase?   Hmmmm.
We know SI ALWAYS looks out for the collectors right?

Andrew
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 03:41:53 PM by DrDeal »

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2023, 11:40:37 AM »
Andrew,

You got Jokes! hahahahahahahaha

SI has been HORRIBLE for telling the WHOLE story and then whammo!!!! More "Alternates" no one knew about - poor marketing.
They should tell us EVERYTHING we are capable of collecting within the series so we can decided on dollars to invest.

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2023, 07:21:39 PM »
As with everything Super Impulse, I'm both excited and wary.  I love the Mini Wackys and finding them at retail.  But SI's transparency leaves a lot to be desired and I have little use for GPKs.  However, I figure I can at least sell/trade GPK stickers/packs for Wacky ones, so I hope it's not something I'll accumulate a lot of something I don't want.  I hope SI will at least let us know when and where to find these.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2023, 02:52:39 AM »
As with everything Super Impulse, I'm both excited and wary.  I love the Mini Wackys and finding them at retail.  But SI's transparency leaves a lot to be desired and I have little use for GPKs.  However, I figure I can at least sell/trade GPK stickers/packs for Wacky ones, so I hope it's not something I'll accumulate a lot of something I don't want.  I hope SI will at least let us know when and where to find these.

For me the big question is how many Wackies will be made? Will there be 15 or 55?  Will I need to buy three of the 3 packs at retail or 3 cases of them online to get all the available cards? I have reached out to my contacts at both SI and their PR Company ChizCom.  Time will tell.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2023, 11:40:21 AM »
I got 4 packs of these in today. Each pack had 10 wackies and 5 gpk. I got 36 Diff Wackies and 4 dupes. There are 5 9 card puzzles to complete. Mostly New Titles with some Old School. Prob 60 titles in the set IMO. No checklist in the packs.I got 20 GPK's out of 4 packs with zero dupes.  Sorry no pics.

Got them at Little Obessessed but they are sold out now. They sold 60 packs in three days. $6.99 per pack.

Andrew

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2023, 12:20:07 PM »
The big question for me - are they kiss cut?

Offline Swiski

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2023, 01:03:22 PM »
I got 4 packs of these in today. Each pack had 10 wackies and 5 gpk. I got 36 Diff Wackies and 4 dupes. There are 5 9 card puzzles to complete. Mostly New Titles with some Old School. Prob 60 titles in the set IMO. No checklist in the packs.I got 20 GPK's out of 4 packs with zero dupes.  Sorry no pics.

Got them at Little Obessessed but they are sold out now. They sold 60 packs in three days. $6.99 per pack.

Andrew

If they're produced already - time to start checking the stores as well!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2023, 01:14:55 PM »
The big question for me - are they kiss cut?

Yes. PM me your cell and I will send pics from my phone. They are about 1/3 smaller than the SI Mini Stickers.

Andrew

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2023, 01:20:21 PM »
If they're produced already - time to start checking the stores as well!
I know Andrew got his at Little Obsessed, but is there a comprehensive list of stores that are supposed to carry these?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2023, 02:42:16 PM »
I know Andrew got his at Little Obsessed, but is there a comprehensive list of stores that are supposed to carry these?

SI has a list online of stores that carry I products; but that does not mean they have these. Since they are technically peg toys due to their packaging ; they will probably end up at Big Lots and Cracker Barrel.  They may hit some Targets. Think about where you have run into the Micro Transformers figures. Same type of packaging. I have seen those in my Shop Rite lately.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2023, 03:07:34 PM »

Andrew

Thanks for the info!  Sounds like the collation is well done and I like that there's a 2:1 Wackys: GPK ratio (I hope that holds up).  Nine card puzzles seems like a weird back as these, I'm guessing, won't fit into 9 card pages (at least not without looking ridiculous).  I'll be on the lookout at Target, for sure, and hope to find some soon.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2023, 04:54:47 PM »
Thanks for the info!  Sounds like the collation is well done and I like that there's a 2:1 Wackys: GPK ratio (I hope that holds up).  Nine card puzzles seems like a weird back as these, I'm guessing, won't fit into 9 card pages (at least not without looking ridiculous).  I'll be on the lookout at Target, for sure, and hope to find some soon.

9 Card Puzzles make sense due to the legacy of wacky 9 card puzzles. I will put them in 20 pockets stamp pages.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2023, 04:56:33 PM »
SI has a list online of stores that carry I products; but that does not mean they have these. Since they are technically peg toys due to their packaging ; they will probably end up at Big Lots and Cracker Barrel.  They may hit some Targets. Think about where you have run into the Micro Transformers figures. Same type of packaging. I have seen those in my Shop Rite lately.
And probably they'll be in Five Below and fye, too.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2023, 07:37:02 PM »
And probably they'll be in Five Below and fye, too.

I doubt that.  Since they are peggable they will be harder to locate.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2023, 11:22:21 AM »
I got some intell today from a GPK collector who asked SI about these cards.

57 WP (47 Standard and 10 Rare)
70 GPK (50 Standard and 20 Rare)
Rares are only in the Mystery packs. If your Mystery pack has GPK they will all be Rares. If it has WP there will be 3 Standards and 2 Rares in the pack.
I opened 4 packages and all 4 packages came with a mystery pack with all WP in it. I got 8 Original Series cards out of the 4 Mystery Packs.
I have 6 different Original Series Cards and 2 dupes. I have 30 different New Series Cards and 2 dupes. So I need 4 Rares and 17 Standard cards to complete the set. So it looks like I got lucky in getting all WP mystery packs. 

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2023, 12:05:01 PM »
I got some intell today from a GPK collector who asked SI about these cards.

57 WP (47 Standard and 10 Rare)
70 GPK (50 Standard and 20 Rare)
Rares are only in the Mystery packs. If your Mystery pack has GPK they will all be Rares. If it has WP there will be 3 Standards and 2 Rares in the pack.
I opened 4 packages and all 4 packages came with a mystery pack with all WP in it. I got 8 Original Series cards out of the 4 Mystery Packs.
I have 6 different Original Series Cards and 2 dupes. I have 30 different New Series Cards and 2 dupes. So I need 4 Rares and 17 Standard cards to complete the set. So it looks like I got lucky in getting all WP mystery packs.
Thanks for the info!  You did get lucky with all WP mystery packs!  I like that these stickers are actually in mini wax packs.  I hope to be able to trade/sell the GPK stickers for WP ones as this sounds like it might be another SI-level challenge to collect them all.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2023, 12:35:01 PM »
No luck in Big Lots today.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2023, 02:33:19 PM »
So its now looking like the Rare WP's are the Non-Puzzle Back Cards. I got 8 of them out of 4 Mystery Packs. Non of those 8 are Original Series Cards.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2023, 04:38:16 PM »
I have 36 WP titles. My buddy just opened 5 packs and got 7 titles I lack. So our list together makes 43 out of 57 titles. He confirmed; only the mystery packs can have the rare Wackys (Two per Mystery Pack)  and rares are non-puzzle backs with a WP logo. The either have a Red or Blue back.   The Mystery Packs with GPK cards have all Puzzle Back Cards. So the Puzzle Backs are the Commons in WP and Rares in GPK. Nice touch.

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2023, 04:54:29 PM »
     Hey Andrew, where did you find them at?

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2023, 07:21:46 PM »
I have 36 WP titles. My buddy just opened 5 packs and got 7 titles I lack. So our list together makes 43 out of 57 titles. He confirmed; only the mystery packs can have the rare Wackys (Two per Mystery Pack)  and rares are non-puzzle backs with a WP logo. The either have a Red or Blue back.   The Mystery Packs with GPK cards have all Puzzle Back Cards. So the Puzzle Backs are the Commons in WP and Rares in GPK. Nice touch.

I agree with the above!! Thx Andrew for your diligence and getting the details on these!! :]

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2023, 02:04:36 AM »
Wacky Packages Micro Series 1 Master List     57 Total (10 Rares, 47 Commons)
Rares: 
Choke-fil-a,  Roswells,  Fanga,  Hoggen Dad,  Subpar-ro ,  9 Limes,  Can’t Tells,
Vamp,  Sunken Donuts,    Wacky Packages Pack
Commons: (40 identified so far)
Cracked Jerk, Cheapios, Milk Foam, Blunder, Gadzooka, Crust, Slum Maid, Cap’n Crud,
Log Cave-in, Moron Salt,
Kracken of the Sea, Nutti -Brain, Dork, Fright Castle, Krafty Shingles, Dukin Donuts,
Top Secret, Elapse, Go Dirt, Dr Pooper, Fruitphobia, Foot Gushers, Logs, Skimpy,
Silverfish, Struggle, Burden, Rotz, Hairy Combs, Gutterade, Jerkson, Tix, Gripe Nuts,
Unlucky Charms, Mac & Geese, Rice Krispbees, Sweat Hard, Thefty, Bald Aid, Just for WolfMen
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 04:05:54 PM by DrDeal »