Author Topic: SI World's Smallest Micro Cards - Wacky Packages  (Read 12515 times)

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: SI World's Smallest Micro Cards - Wacky Packages
« Reply #140 on: June 27, 2023, 06:35:12 AM »
Thanks!  I don’t even know how to clear my cache on my phone (I’m on vacation and don’t have access to my laptop), but it did end up showing up at $6.99 eventually.  Ended up ordering five “packs” and a mini Big Wheel :)

That mini Big Wheel is great!!  I could really get into collecting these, must be very careful!!!!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2023, 01:13:37 PM »
That mini Big Wheel is great!!  I could really get into collecting these, must be very careful!!!!

I have all of their Micro Hot Wheels and Monster Trucks. Very cool!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2023, 01:51:38 PM »
I have all of their Micro Hot Wheels and Monster Trucks. Very cool!

Are there rares in those, too, or just Wackys?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #143 on: July 09, 2023, 01:36:35 PM »
Are there rares in those, too, or just Wackys?

World's Smallest Hot Wheels has three Rare Cars that came in the Blind Boxes. The rares were one per 24 box case.
The Rares are Black with Gold Accents: Bone Shaker, Rodger Dodger, TwinMill.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #144 on: July 10, 2023, 07:31:52 AM »
How rare are the “rares” from this set? Am I right that there are two in every mystery pack that has wackys? How rare are they compared to the commons?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #145 on: July 10, 2023, 08:57:35 AM »
How rare are the “rares” from this set? Am I right that there are two in every mystery pack that has wackys? How rare are they compared to the commons?

I didn't find them to be that rare.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #146 on: July 10, 2023, 10:08:07 AM »
Unless I am mistaken (which is very possible), there are two “rares” for every two blister packs. At the same time, there are 13 “common wackys” and 15 GPKs.

If that’s correct, it means a given pair of blisters would have 20% of the “rares” and 13 out of 45 (around 30%) of the commons. So the rares don’t seem much rarer.

Offline quas

« Reply #147 on: July 10, 2023, 10:30:15 AM »
I didn't find them to be that rare.

Same here.
Marc

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #148 on: July 10, 2023, 11:07:43 AM »
Same here.

In fact, in the three boxes I opened, there were two regular titles I did not pull and there were some rares I pulled 2 or 3 of.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #149 on: July 10, 2023, 01:15:19 PM »
In fact, in the three boxes I opened, there were two regular titles I did not pull and there were some rares I pulled 2 or 3 of.

I concur that the rares are not that rare.  The Fielders and Cheezillas Stickers are Very Rare. None have shown up on ebay as of yet.
Not too many board members have pulled those two titles. I got 0 out of 24 Blisters. 

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #150 on: July 10, 2023, 03:50:50 PM »
Unless I am mistaken (which is very possible), there are two “rares” for every two blister packs. At the same time, there are 13 “common wackys” and 15 GPKs.

If that’s correct, it means a given pair of blisters would have 20% of the “rares” and 13 out of 45 (around 30%) of the commons. So the rares don’t seem much rarer.
Depends which blister you buy.
so far, the yellow header packs predominantly have a Wacky mystery, and the red header packs predominantly have a GPK mystery.
(my blisters were strictly this division, but there may be some variation)
if you're able to just snag yellow header packs with Wackys, each blister is 8/45 = 18% commons, and 2/10 = 20% rare.
which makes them even steven, if you're able to pick and choose your blisters.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #151 on: July 10, 2023, 05:16:19 PM »
I wasn’t aware you could tell which mystery packs were wackys.

So were they dubbed as “rare” before this was known? I guess “rarer” is fair.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2023, 05:55:43 PM by Paul_Maul »

• Administrator
« Reply #152 on: July 10, 2023, 06:15:51 PM »

‘Rare’ was info supplied by Super Impulse customer service when asked what was in the set.
But, there’s nothing on the packaging itself that indicates that (just a ‘mystery’ pack), and there’s no checklist either.
As usual, SI is vague about their product.

Offline Hawaiian punks

« Reply #153 on: July 10, 2023, 07:04:14 PM »
I have not been able to find micro cards in Hawaii at all. I was hoping that either our Walmart or Target would have, but not...

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #154 on: July 11, 2023, 12:06:49 AM »

Dave, what is the ratio you have found in the packs you have purchased?
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #155 on: July 11, 2023, 02:58:46 AM »
Dave, what is the ratio you have found in the packs you have purchased?

I only purchased four blister packs and I didn’t open them all because I wanted to keep one of each “unopened pack”  (one red and one yellow). But it appears that the regular yellow and red packs are all commons and the mystery packs, when they contain wackys, have two “rares” and three commons. But half the time the mystery packs are all GPK. So if one opened a large lot of blisters containing both types of blister packs and tossed all the GPK, they would obtain two rare wackys for every 13 common wackys.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 03:12:58 AM by Paul_Maul »

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #156 on: July 11, 2023, 03:02:16 AM »
I have not been able to find micro cards in Hawaii at all. I was hoping that either our Walmart or Target would have, but not...

As far as I know (at least in my experience) no one has found these at retail anywhere.  I've definitely looked but come up empty.  And there seem to be very little on ebay as well as no one reporting here that they've found them in stores.  Strange, but that's Super Impulse for you.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #157 on: July 11, 2023, 03:11:42 AM »
As far as I know (at least in my experience) no one has found these at retail anywhere.  I've definitely looked but come up empty.  And there seem to be very little on ebay as well as no one reporting here that they've found them in stores.  Strange, but that's Super Impulse for you.

I got a group of four blisters on Amazon for $29.99 delivered (since I have free shipping through prime). Sounds like I could have gotten them a little cheaper but the free shipping made it seem worthwhile.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #158 on: July 11, 2023, 04:45:30 AM »
I got a group of four blisters on Amazon for $29.99 delivered (since I have free shipping through prime). Sounds like I could have gotten them a little cheaper but the free shipping made it seem worthwhile.

Seems like a decent price to me.  I believe retail is $6.99, so yours were only 50 cents more per pack and you got the free shipping.  Plus, you can't find these at retail.  The downside to ordering this way, instead of retail, is the inability to choose the packs that have the yellow header, which seem to have Wackys in the mystery pack.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #159 on: July 11, 2023, 05:03:08 AM »
I bought 4 packs from Knick Knack, and they must understand collectors. I was worried all 4 or 3 of the 4 would have the same packaging wrapper designs, and I got two of each. Exactly what I wanted. I will probably never open these. What I found interesting is the inserts inside the blisters for all of my packs is different from the pack shown below. The top piece on mine has a yellow background behind the "World's Smallest" title, and the bottom piece has a red background behind the "GPK Wacky Packages Micro Collection" It is shown reversed below on this image used on all the websites.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 05:04:46 AM by Swiski »

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: July 11, 2023, 05:24:38 AM »
I bought 4 packs from Knick Knack, and they must understand collectors. I was worried all 4 or 3 of the 4 would have the same packaging wrapper designs, and I got two of each. Exactly what I wanted. I will probably never open these. What I found interesting is the inserts inside the blisters for all of my packs is different from the pack shown below. The top piece on mine has a yellow background behind the "World's Smallest" title, and the bottom piece has a red background behind the "GPK Wacky Packages Micro Collection" It is shown reversed below on this image used on all the websites.

the one in that picture is the Red Header version, which typically has GPK in the mystery pack.
sounds like yours are all the Yellow Header version, which have Wackys in the mystery pack.

there are also the four combos of pack colors available for each of those two headers.
Red Pink
Red Blue
Yellow Pink
Yellow Blue

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #161 on: July 11, 2023, 05:24:44 AM »

I believe the ones with the yellow color on top have wackys in the mystery packs, and the ones with red on top have GPK in the mystery packs. By pure luck all four of the packs I purchased were the yellow kind, so I got the most possible wackys (all my mystery packs were wackys).

Offline Swiski

« Reply #162 on: July 11, 2023, 07:14:10 AM »
Thanks for the info, guys! Even better for me, since I don't collect GPK.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #163 on: July 21, 2023, 03:02:12 PM »
Is anyone finding these in stores anywhere?  Seems a bit surprising to me (other than nothing SI does is too surprising) that I've not heard a single report of these being found.

Also, I know there was some debate about which pages are best for storing these.  Does anyone recall which one(s) seemed best suited for the unusual size of these stickers?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #164 on: July 22, 2023, 07:16:47 AM »
Since these are in blister packs that greatly reduces where they will show up. They are Peg Toys. Most Targets & Walmarts do not stock this type of pack in their card sections.   The 20 pocket Pages work well for these. 

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #165 on: July 22, 2023, 07:49:18 AM »
Since these are in blister packs that greatly reduces where they will show up. They are Peg Toys. Most Targets & Walmarts do not stock this type of pack in their card sections.   The 20 pocket Pages work well for these.

Did you use the ultra pro or BCW 20 pocket pages?  And aren't there two different kinds/sizes of 20 pocket pages?  If so, which one worked/works better?

• Administrator
« Reply #166 on: August 01, 2023, 02:50:11 PM »
wow.
Was it someone here that nabbed those two 'Common' Base titles, Cheezillas and Fielder's Coffee, for just $1 each?
unbelievable score!

eBay auction: #394781365838

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #167 on: August 01, 2023, 03:46:59 PM »
wow.
Was it someone here that nabbed those two 'Common' Base titles, Cheezillas and Fielder's Coffee, for just $1 each?
unbelievable score!

WOW!  Let's hear who snagged those....

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #168 on: August 01, 2023, 05:31:27 PM »
Twernt me

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #169 on: August 01, 2023, 07:14:59 PM »
wow.
unbelievable score!

I did not, but I'm glad to hear that someone found them in the wild (referring to the seller here, of course, not the buyer).

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #170 on: August 10, 2023, 03:24:58 AM »
Nice to see that there is one seller on ebay selling most of the micro wackies for reasonable prices. I think Cheezillas and Fielders will end up as two of the rarest Wackies ever produced. I own them; but did not pull them from the large number of packs I opened. I know Pat pulled them. Anyone else here score those two titles out of their packs?

Offline quas

« Reply #171 on: August 10, 2023, 04:13:50 AM »
Nice to see that there is one seller on ebay selling most of the micro wackies for reasonable prices. I think Cheezillas and Fielders will end up as two of the rarest Wackies ever produced. I own them; but did not pull them from the large number of packs I opened. I know Pat pulled them. Anyone else here score those two titles out of their packs?

Somehow I managed to pull those two as well. But one and only one of each.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2023, 04:18:18 AM by quas »
Marc

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #172 on: August 10, 2023, 06:55:09 AM »
Twas I who snagged those off Ebay. Was in the right place at the right time!!  :great:

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #173 on: August 10, 2023, 05:30:42 PM »
Twas I who snagged those off Ebay. Was in the right place at the right time!!  :great:

Congrats!!!!!   Glad it was you   :)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #174 on: August 17, 2023, 02:09:00 PM »
I emailed SI today about Wacky Minis S4. They have been delayed with no date as of now. Not cancelled.

anything