Author Topic: Wacky Packages MUD Magazine Reel  (Read 1724 times)

Wacky Packages MUD Magazine Reel
« on: April 27, 2023, 07:48:56 AM »

Re: Wacky Packages MUD Magazine Reel
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2023, 04:42:40 PM »
What a lot of work, to make a forum post about an Instagram post!
im sorry i ruined your life by posting that . you should definitely report my post to admin and get me banned from the forum for being the incredible piece of shit that i am and for ruining not only your life , but your wifes, your kids , your siblings, your parents , your friends , your coworkers and anyone else that their life was destroyed by my selfish and disgusting post . hopefully i will be violently murdered in public and laughed at as i lay dying for my transgression and that i burn in hell for all eternity
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 04:49:53 AM by AlfredsMADWorldOfMADMagazine »

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2023, 05:41:32 PM »
What a lot of work, to make a forum post about an Instagram post!

Not sure if you understood, the instagram post was him showing all the different Mad related wackys he had collected, which was enjoyable to see.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2023, 10:21:55 PM »
im sorry i ruined your life by posting that . you should definitely report my post to admin and grt me banned from the forum for being the incredible piece of shit that i am for ruining not only your life , but your wifes, your kids , your siblings, your parents , your friends , your coworkers and anyone else that their life was destroyed by my selfish and disgusting post . hopefully i will be violently murdered for my transgression and burn in hell for all eternity

This is an awful lot, for very little. Couldn't you have just called him a Dick and be done?
By the way, I did like looking at the comparisons.

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2023, 02:17:47 AM »
This is an awful lot, for very little. Couldn't you have just called him a Dick and be done?
By the way, I did like looking at the comparisons.
Thanks , i thought seeing all the variants was cool too.
i could have took the 'high road" and ignored him ....i could have done it your way and took the "middle road' and gave him a simple response.   but im an artist , an artist of the 'low road' 😆
« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 04:43:37 AM by AlfredsMADWorldOfMADMagazine »

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2023, 04:45:42 AM »
Not sure if you understood, the instagram post was him showing all the different Mad related wackys he had collected, which was enjoyable to see.

Thank you , i thought it would be cool for you guys to be able to check the video out . Instagram isnt exactly loaded with a Wacky Packages (or MAD magazine) core audience .

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2023, 04:57:46 AM »
I must have missed this when you first posted it (it WAS in the midst of 2023 Wacky mania!).  Very nice, but the frames went by a little too fast for me.  And now there's a new Mad parody to add!

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2023, 05:20:15 AM »
I must have missed this when you first posted it (it WAS in the midst of 2023 Wacky mania!).  Very nice, but the frames went by a little too fast for me.  And now there's a new Mad parody to add!

Thank you .
I played with the time spans for each slide/pic while keeping in mind the attention span of a "normal" instagram user/viewer ....once a reel gets too long most viewers swipe and move on, its a delicate balance

Offline mikecho

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2023, 07:52:25 AM »
That's right, MAID!

UPDATE: I just thought of another Wacky, though currently it's unofficial: SAD from Lost wackys 2nd Series. It was originally intended for the lost 1992 Series.

And there's also one non-Wacky I know of that's out there: BAD from Fleer's Crazy Magazine Covers 1st Series.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 07:59:46 AM by mikecho »

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2023, 08:11:51 AM »
That's right, MAID!

UPDATE: I just thought of another Wacky, though currently it's unofficial: SAD from Lost wackys 2nd Series. It was originally intended for the lost 1992 Series.

And there's also one non-Wacky I know of that's out there: BAD from Fleer's Crazy Magazine Covers 1st Series.

I am currently looking for SAD from LW2 , I have a buy request on this forum.
I have 3 different BAD cards and puzzles. And of course i have all the MAIDs

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2023, 09:12:28 AM »
I am currently looking for SAD from LW2 , I have a buy request on this forum.
I have 3 different BAD cards and puzzles. And of course i have all the MAIDs

I will look for a Sad from LW2.

Are the Defective Comics cards the base and silver versions?  Do you have the Gold version?

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2023, 09:24:36 AM »
I will look for a Sad from LW2.

Are the Defective Comics cards the base and silver versions?  Do you have the Gold version?

Thanks for looking for a SAD , There is a double sticker version on ebay ive been watching for forever but its more than i want to spend .
The defective Comics BAD cards are the promo card and base card , i didnt even know there was a gold foil and silver foil versions .

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2023, 09:40:23 AM »
Yep, I went NUTS trying to collect the parallels from packs.  This was pre-internet, and I had no one to trade with, which didn't help matters!  I think I must have built 20 base sets before I finally gave up.   I didn't know, or didn't remember, that there was a promo that happened to be Sad  :P    Here's a pic of the silver:

The foil didn't scan well.  Not much better with pics:

« Last Edit: May 03, 2023, 09:51:09 AM by RawGoo »

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2023, 10:20:14 AM »
Yep, I went NUTS trying to collect the parallels from packs.  This was pre-internet, and I had no one to trade with, which didn't help matters!  I think I must have built 20 base sets before I finally gave up.   I didn't know, or didn't remember, that there was a promo that happened to be Sad  :P    Here's a pic of the silver:

The foil didn't scan well.  Not much better with pics:

I often reference the oldee days of no internet and how insane it was to build any collection , ya had to go to every flea market , every garage sale , and hope you knew when there was a ( card, comic, music, stamps, coins) show in your area to really make a score .

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2023, 10:45:17 AM »
I often reference the oldee days of no internet and how insane it was to build any collection , ya had to go to every flea market , every garage sale , and hope you knew when there was a ( card, comic, music, stamps, coins) show in your area to really make a score .

I knew when the local card shows were for sure!  My mom was driving me to the show in Rockville Centre (a considerable distance from our home in Selden) every other month and I was buying regularly from a dealer when the Wacky reissues came out.  She would also drive me all the way into NYC once in a while when Creation had a convention.

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2023, 10:51:38 AM »
I knew when the local card shows were for sure!  My mom was driving me to the show in Rockville Centre (a considerable distance from our home in Selden) every other month and I was buying regularly from a dealer when the Wacky reissues came out.  She would also drive me all the way into NYC once in a while when Creation had a convention.

it def helps to be in a city environment like that.  growing up (and still in) in an urban/city environment def gives you more avenues to pursue . I had a comic book shop right in bewteen my two grandparents that was only 2 blocks away right off of route 1 , it made it very easy to not only obtain , but to see what was available (before we lived in a very catalogued and inventoried world)

Offline Swiski

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2023, 02:39:48 PM »
It's annoying seeing the member name "AlfredsMADWorldofMadMagazine" breaking into the message box and not re-wrapping inside the user name box.

Is there a fix for that, or is that just happening on my browser?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2023, 03:51:32 PM »
It's annoying seeing the member name "AlfredsMADWorldofMadMagazine" breaking into the message box and not re-wrapping inside the user name box.

Is there a fix for that, or is that just happening on my browser?

It's because the user name is sooooooooo long.  I find it annoying too, especially in PMs.

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2023, 03:59:53 PM »
It's because the user name is sooooooooo long.  I find it annoying too, especially in PMs.
Shortened it .
"Alfreds MAD World Of MAD Magazine" is the name of my Facebook group , and its also my Instagram umbrella-name for my multiple MAD pages and Wacky page

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2023, 04:19:46 PM »
It wasn't necessary, but thanks!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2023, 12:34:29 PM »
Shortened it .
"Alfreds MAD World Of MAD Magazine" is the name of my Facebook group , and its also my Instagram umbrella-name for my multiple MAD pages and Wacky page

Much better! You didn't have to change it, but at least my eyes are not disturbed anymore. LOL!