Author Topic: Die-Cut Evolution Sheet  (Read 2447 times)

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
Die-Cut Evolution Sheet
« on: October 11, 2010, 09:45:23 AM »
Over the weekend, I was refreshing myself on the evolution of the 1st series sheet from the Die-Cut sheet by re-reading this page on Greg's site:

http://www.wackypackages.org/sheets/1st_evolution.html

That was when I noticed, for the first time, something odd about the first Die-Cut sheet image displayed on the page:

Several of the titles on this sheet are missing parts of their images.  Notice Lavirus, Boredom's, ViceJoy, Cover Ghoul, Liptorn, and several others, appear to be missing all the black parts of their designs.

I know I can't be the first person to notice this.  What is up with it anyway?  Where did this image come from?  Is there (or was there) a diecut sheet that really looked like this?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline sunsweat

Re: Die-Cut Evolution Sheet
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 09:58:00 AM »
Looks like a proof sheet where all the colors were added except black.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 11:16:26 AM »
Looks like a proof sheet where all the colors were added except black.

That sheet is listed in the Gallery as a proof sheet.  Also, some of the titles have black, like Fearstone and Chock Full, and Weakies has its black lettering.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 11:19:01 AM by RawGoo »

Offline BustedFinger

• Just a simple collector. No books, no websites, no arguments!
  • I wonder where this text will appear?
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 12:53:47 PM »
That sheet is listed in the Gallery as a proof sheet.  Also, some of the titles have black, like Fearstone and Chock Full, and Weakies has its black lettering.

Chock does look complete but Weakies is missing the "Generally Moldy" text and I am pretty sure that Fearstone is missing some text as well.  It's just kind of odd that some titles have their black text and other titles do not.  Does the Gallery mention the missing text?
Giving "The Hobby" the finger since 1999!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 03:41:04 PM »
Chock does look complete but Weakies is missing the "Generally Moldy" text and I am pretty sure that Fearstone is missing some text as well.  It's just kind of odd that some titles have their black text and other titles do not.  Does the Gallery mention the missing text?

It mentions that some of the black lettering is absent.