Author Topic: What is a TS series (1-21) worth? (BallPark estimate...great condition)  (Read 2063 times)

Offline cddx

IS the TS series really hard to get? I have the 1-21 cards and just curious what it could be worth. Some seem to have high asking prices on EBAY. 

Offline lucidjc

I'm drunk right now so I may be a little rude but, what the hell are you talking about?

Drunken Sailer

Online mikecho

I'm drunk right now so I may be a little rude but, what the hell are you talking about?

Drunken Sailor
He's talking about all 21 of the bonus cards for Wacky Packages Postcards Series 1-9 and Wacky Halloween Postcards 2010-2013. I believe the TS stands for Topps Store, IIRC.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 12:40:43 PM by mikecho »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
IS the TS series really hard to get? I have the 1-21 cards and just curious what it could be worth. Some seem to have high asking prices on EBAY.

Putting together an entire run of the bonus cards is very challenging since all of the postcard sets had limited distribution. In fact, some of the earliest sets were only printed in quantities of 150 or 200 sets. I can't really say what they're worth, but if you happen to have the entire run, I'd recommend keeping them together. Just my 2 cents...

Offline MoldRush

Drunken Sailer
Love the candor.  But I was equally baffled in a fully sober state as well.  Thought he was asking about something completely outside of Wackys.

Offline vahsurfer

Ask and Ye shall receive - Here they all are - Fronts and Backs!

Richard
#StayWacky

Online Joe G.

I have to second what Neil is saying here.  Some of the earlier one, Hobby Meal jumps immediately to mind, are very scare and fetch very high prices and even some of the later ones sell fairly high.  I sold a few, maybe a Booty Pebbles I recall, a few years ago and was surprised what they sold for.  The tricky part is that some are fairly common as well and they are all mixed together so determining individual values would take some leg work.  They make a great set which is overall, very rare, so best to keep ‘em that way.

Putting together an entire run of the bonus cards is very challenging since all of the postcard sets had limited distribution. In fact, some of the earliest sets were only printed in quantities of 150 or 200 sets. I can't really say what they're worth, but if you happen to have the entire run, I'd recommend keeping them together. Just my 2 cents...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 10:41:38 AM by Joe G. »

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
I started to answer early this morning, but got sidetracked.  I "third" Neil's assessment, keep them together as a set.  There are two, Grave Nuts and Hoppy Meal, where only 200 were made, and some are 300.  Many were for the "unlimited" sets, but those didn't sell so many because there were no sketches; we didn't get print runs for those, but some of those are scarce, too.  So, a full run of all 23 is tough to put together.  I sold one last year for over $1,000.

Offline DrDeal

The TS Cards are one of my favorite sets I own.  Many of the Bio Cards that came with the postcard sets are pretty tough to acquire also.

Online mikecho

The TS Cards are one of my favorite sets I own.  Many of the Bio Cards that came with the postcard sets are pretty tough to acquire also.
You're telling me! I'm still trying to find all eight of the Wacky Halloween Artists cards for Wacky Halloween Postcards 2010 at a price I can afford.

Offline Plastered Peanut

Re: What is a TS series (1-21) worth? (BallPark estimate...great condition)
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2023, 09:02:49 PM »
Ask and Ye shall receive - Here they all are - Fronts and Backs!

Thanks for posting these images!!
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline ratchet007

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2023, 09:30:30 AM »
I also have a complete run of these. Plus most of the Artist Bio Cards. One day in the not too distant future they will be for sale.

Online Joe G.

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2023, 10:39:43 AM »
This is a weird set because, as Pat and Neil pointed out, they were released as part of the postcard sets.  I don’t keep mine as a set but with the individual postcard releases they came with.  It keeps the postcard set whole which, to me, seem incomplete without ‘em!  Also if you think of it as a set it’s a set 15+ years in the making!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2023, 12:28:00 PM »
...   it’s a set 15+ years in the making!

Reminds me of  George Wright's GALACTIC GROCERIES series.   ;D
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2023, 12:31:15 PM »
This is a weird set because, as Pat and Neil pointed out, they were released as part of the postcard sets.  I don’t keep mine as a set but with the individual postcard releases they came with.  It keeps the postcard set whole which, to me, seem incomplete without ‘em!  ...

Same here, Joe.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2023, 03:13:24 PM »
This is a weird set because, as Pat and Neil pointed out, they were released as part of the postcard sets.  I don’t keep mine as a set but with the individual postcard releases they came with.  It keeps the postcard set whole which, to me, seem incomplete without ‘em!  Also if you think of it as a set it’s a set 15+ years in the making!

But, to store them with the postcards, you have to mix page sizes, which annoys the heck out of me.  So, I built up a binder of bonus/bio cards, and sketches, and a separate binder of postcards.  The large sketches messed me up though!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2023, 03:55:07 PM »
But, to store them with the postcards, you have to mix page sizes, which annoys the heck out of me.  So, I built up a binder of bonus/bio cards, and sketches, and a separate binder of postcards.  The large sketches messed me up though!

The Bios are the only way to acquire the Postcard Images in trading card size. I no longer have the postcards; but I have all the images on the bio cards.

Online Joe G.

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2023, 04:39:44 PM »
Pat that’s a great way to do it for sure!  I guess I’m just lazy and just stuffed ‘em all in those yellow and red Postcard binders Topps put out at the time.  I’d be the first to admit I do overstuff my binders and sometimes cringe when a new set comes out trying to figure out where I’m gonna put it!  My three postcard binders (red, yellow and halloween) are stuffed to the gills!

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2023, 02:41:15 AM »
The Bios are the only way to acquire the Postcard Images in trading card size. I no longer have the postcards; but I have all the images on the bio cards.

There are a couple you can't get in card size, hope you still have those!!

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2023, 09:12:50 AM »
Reminds me of George Wright's GALACTIC GROCERIES series.
LOL!

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2023, 01:09:06 PM »
Pat that’s a great way to do it for sure!  I guess I’m just lazy and just stuffed ‘em all in those yellow and red Postcard binders Topps put out at the time.  I’d be the first to admit I do overstuff my binders and sometimes cringe when a new set comes out trying to figure out where I’m gonna put it!  My three postcard binders (red, yellow and halloween) are stuffed to the gills!

That's why you need two of each binder type!  8)

Online Joe G.

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2023, 04:50:03 PM »
Mitchell, now you tell me.  Oh well I guess I could put ‘em in Old School 2 binders as I think I still have an extra dozen of those in the back of my closet.

That's why you need two of each binder type!  8)

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2023, 09:19:01 PM »
Same here, Joe.

Ditto!   TS cards, along with bios, sketches, etc, are stored with each respective postcard series in my binders.   I don't mind mixing the storage pages so much.
Send me your borderless wackys!

anything