Author Topic: 2023 Wacky Packages  (Read 27395 times)

Online Swiski

Re: 2023 Wacky Packages
« Reply #175 on: March 27, 2023, 09:01:09 AM »
I think base sets will be $39.99.

Andrew

I can't imagine that low! Otherwise, a lot of us would have waited for base sets and not buy the 5-box pack.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #176 on: March 27, 2023, 09:41:59 AM »
There’s a seller on eBay asking $100. Way too high, but they are the only listing at the moment. Hope no one actually falls for that

To late, someone already bit.

Overpriced

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #177 on: March 27, 2023, 09:44:52 AM »
How can no someone guarantee a complete set before opening any boxes? Unless they ordered many boxes….

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #178 on: March 27, 2023, 10:57:41 AM »
Maybe I should list one while the prices are crazy high.....

Online mikecho

« Reply #179 on: March 29, 2023, 06:33:50 AM »
I believe it's just the West Coast version of Hellman's.
Yes, it is. Specifically, west of the Rocky Mountains.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #180 on: March 29, 2023, 11:21:08 AM »
Just got an email saying more available.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #181 on: March 29, 2023, 01:15:44 PM »
Just got an email saying more available.

And those 5-packs are already sold out again

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #182 on: March 29, 2023, 02:32:25 PM »
More sales is a good thing, yes?

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #183 on: March 30, 2023, 08:20:22 PM »
Both 1 box and 5 box sets ate now sold out. Start shipping, please, Topps…

Online Swiski

« Reply #184 on: March 31, 2023, 04:39:24 AM »
Crossing fingers that the 5 packs sold out faster than the single packs because those will be pre-arranged where you get a full base set. I know I'm sounding like a broken record now. We shall see soon. These might not even be printed, cut and sorted yet.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #185 on: April 12, 2023, 08:09:43 PM »
Got my notice from Topps that these will ship tomorrow….so…who knows when they will actually arrive…

Online Swiski

« Reply #186 on: April 12, 2023, 08:23:34 PM »
Got my notice from Topps that these will ship tomorrow….so…who knows when they will actually arrive…

Wow! Nothing sent to me yet.

Offline quas

« Reply #187 on: April 12, 2023, 08:31:09 PM »
Wow! Nothing sent to me yet.

Same here.
Marc

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #188 on: April 14, 2023, 09:35:07 AM »
Did anyone else get shipping notices emailed to them? I did…

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #189 on: April 14, 2023, 12:46:51 PM »
Did anyone else get shipping notices emailed to them? I did…

Was there a tracking number provided?

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #190 on: April 14, 2023, 08:55:47 PM »
It did! Gave two separate Fed Ex tracking numbers, claimed Wackies were mailed Thursday, April 13…..We will see…

Offline bludevilok

« Reply #191 on: April 14, 2023, 11:07:29 PM »
So I received my 2023 Wacky Packages today.  First of all, I want to say that the series is stellar!  Funny gags and wonderful artwork on all of them. A great set conceived and painted by the artists.

BUT I've got a beef with Topps.  The collation is awful, and the hits are NOT what was advertised.  As for collation, the cards are inserted randomly, which is okay, but it was much worse than the randomness of the packs I used to buy at Target.  Out of 20 sets I ordered, I didn't even get one complete base set--not a single #15 (Big)--black border, silver border, rainbow foil, none.  And there was no hope of getting a second complete base set.

Also, the description of the set stated--and I looked it up again--that there would be 2 hits per pack, and under "hits," the description states, "Coupons - One plus additional parallel/insert."  Wouldn't that mean that each pack should have one coupon and one parallel/insert?  I got 2 hits per pack, all right, but I only got FOUR coupons, 21 silver borders, 11 foils, 4 out of the supposed 5 comics, and 2 (really well done) sketches (but Topps' advertised "odds" would have gotten me 4).  And guess what?  I only collect the comics and coupons, although that's gonna have to go by the wayside on this set since there is close to zero chance that I will be able to find/purchase 46 coupons!

I don't know how many people have opened their packs yet, but be forewarned.  Or maybe it's just my sad luck.  Or maybe it's the silver-border demons getting back for unkind comments earlier on.  Leave it to Topps to mess up the roll-out of a really great set for which their writers and artists worked so hard to put out a great product.
 :sad:

« Reply #192 on: April 15, 2023, 01:23:03 AM »
It did! Gave two separate Fed Ex tracking numbers, claimed Wackies were mailed Thursday, April 13…..We will see…

My order was supposed to come today, but has been delayed until next Wednesday due to the torrential rain down in Fort Lauderdale.

Online Swiski

« Reply #193 on: April 15, 2023, 03:22:04 AM »
So I received my 2023 Wacky Packages today.  First of all, I want to say that the series is stellar!  Funny gags and wonderful artwork on all of them. A great set conceived and painted by the artists.

BUT I've got a beef with Topps.  The collation is awful, and the hits are NOT what was advertised.  As for collation, the cards are inserted randomly, which is okay, but it was much worse than the randomness of the packs I used to buy at Target.  Out of 20 sets I ordered, I didn't even get one complete base set--not a single #15 (Big)--black border, silver border, rainbow foil, none.  And there was no hope of getting a second complete base set.

Also, the description of the set stated--and I looked it up again--that there would be 2 hits per pack, and under "hits," the description states, "Coupons - One plus additional parallel/insert."  Wouldn't that mean that each pack should have one coupon and one parallel/insert?  I got 2 hits per pack, all right, but I only got FOUR coupons, 21 silver borders, 11 foils, 4 out of the supposed 5 comics, and 2 (really well done) sketches (but Topps' advertised "odds" would have gotten me 4).  And guess what?  I only collect the comics and coupons, although that's gonna have to go by the wayside on this set since there is close to zero chance that I will be able to find/purchase 46 coupons!

I don't know how many people have opened their packs yet, but be forewarned.  Or maybe it's just my sad luck.  Or maybe it's the silver-border demons getting back for unkind comments earlier on.  Leave it to Topps to mess up the roll-out of a really great set for which their writers and artists worked so hard to put out a great product.

I was afraid of bad collation. This saddens me, especially since I was debating buying the 5-pack in the first place. Hopefully I can rely on trades.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #194 on: April 15, 2023, 06:43:20 AM »

I don't even have a shipping notice yet.  But this scares the hell out of me!!  Definitely NOT as advertised!  I ordered what I thought was enough to complete one coupon set and get me close to a second set with trading.  Sounds like I will barely have a hope of pulling even a single set.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2023, 06:45:28 AM »
I got 2 hits per pack, all right, but I only got FOUR coupons, 21 silver borders, 11 foils, 4 out of the supposed 5 comics, and 2 (really well done) sketches (but Topps' advertised "odds" would have gotten me 4).
That’s some straight up BS right there. Write or call Customer Support. As it clearly states 1 coupon per pack.
Topps will weasel out and claim no responsibility regarding the numbers of the other parallels you received, like the sketches (speaking from experience), but the coupon insert is a guaranteed card according to the write up and they need to honor that.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #196 on: April 15, 2023, 06:52:11 AM »
I don't even have a shipping notice yet.  But this scares the hell out of me!!  Definitely NOT as advertised!  I ordered what I thought was enough to complete one coupon set and get me close to a second set with trading.  Sounds like I will barely have a hope of pulling even a single set.

This will certainly drive up set prices.  Maybe $120 per set.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #197 on: April 15, 2023, 07:01:28 AM »
That’s some straight up BS right there. Write or call Customer Support. As it clearly states 1 coupon per pack.
Topps will weasel out and claim no responsibility regarding the numbers of the other parallels you received, like the sketches (speaking from experience), but the coupon insert is a guaranteed card according to the write up and they need to honor that.

Amen to calling them, first thing Monday morning!  You can give them a taste of what is to come so they are ready when the tidal wave of complaints hits the fan!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #198 on: April 15, 2023, 07:03:12 AM »
This will certainly drive up set prices.  Maybe $120 per set.

I wonder what presale sets were/are going for on ebay?  Must look.......

Update - They were going for $100 per set.  None listed now.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 07:05:45 AM by RawGoo »

Online Swiski

« Reply #199 on: April 15, 2023, 07:39:34 AM »
I really miss the monthlies now. At least you get all the base cards this way!

There are always going to be chase cards and subsets with all trading card sets, but lately it's even becoming highly expensive getting a simple base set from any trading card companies. I also collect Upper Deck Marvel cards, and was shocked when I saw a blaster box at Target with only 18 cards (3 packs of 6) in the box for $29.99. Luckily I found a seller on eBay with a 90 card base set for $75.00. I know that sounds high, but not too bad considering.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 07:51:11 AM by Swiski »

Online Joe G.

« Reply #200 on: April 15, 2023, 10:30:17 AM »
Super excited to see these cards being shipped.  I know it’s early days but I will be trying for the silver and chrome of my 5 cards  numbers 8, 17, 26, 35 and 44.  If after all the tradings done, anyone still has an extra of any of those please keep me in mind, I’m happy to pay whatever the market price is for ‘em.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 10:35:54 AM by Joe G. »

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #201 on: April 15, 2023, 08:53:14 PM »
You guys are scaring me….

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #202 on: April 16, 2023, 12:40:32 AM »
Did I snooze and miss another set of Wackys?  I don't see anything on the Topps site about a 2023 set.  Not sure what series it's up to by now, but it looks like I missed it whatever it was.

Online Joe G.

« Reply #203 on: April 16, 2023, 09:56:10 AM »
Looks like the first Rainbow Foil sold for a staggering $40!  Yikes!  Well at least it’s good news for people who don’t collect ‘em and want to recoup some of their pesos!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #204 on: April 16, 2023, 02:37:23 PM »
I would not think that $40 price is reflective of the going rate for the Rainbows. The gottahave buyers will pay more. Most will not pay $40 for those IMO.$20 - $30 maybe.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #205 on: April 16, 2023, 02:55:03 PM »
I would not think that $40 price is reflective of the going rate for the Rainbows. The gottahave buyers will pay more. Most will not pay $40 for those IMO.$20 - $30 maybe.

I don't know - depends on the pull ratio!

Offline bludevilok

« Reply #206 on: April 16, 2023, 10:35:48 PM »
Write or call Customer Support. As it clearly states 1 coupon per pack.

I thought of that, but I've gone that route before when I got January sets instead of August sets a couple of years ago.  They'd ask me to send everything back to them before they would send new sets.  MAYBE they'd eventually come with coupons...or maybe, like they did back then, send me sets with even worse hits since they'd be sending me what's left at the bottom of the barrel.

Offline bludevilok

« Reply #207 on: April 16, 2023, 10:59:14 PM »
I will be interested in knowing how everyone else's sets arrive.  You know that Topps only printed enough hits to cover the number of sets sold.  If they had planned on and printed one coupon per set and only so many of the other hits, and the collators/packers started just randomly throwing in two "whatever hits" into the packs, they would soon realize that they were running out of silver borders and rainbow foils and had loads of coupons halfway through the packing process.  So, the packs that were packed later are probably going to be lucky and get nothing but coupons.  The early sets that were packed (like mine, evidently) were the dumping grounds for the silver borders and rainbow foils.  (You're welcome, lucky double-coupon getters!)

By the way, the packers were most likely poorly programmed machines since inside each box was a sealed foil wrapper with 12 cards inside.

I HOPE y'all wind up with better collations than I did because I'll need y'all to trade with, if nothing else for the missing
#15 and the fifth Wacky Pals comic.  I'll post my short list of needs (minus the long list of coupons if it were possible to collect those at this point) and LONG list of extra stuff once a thread gets started to trade.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #208 on: April 17, 2023, 03:08:00 AM »
I thought of that, but I've gone that route before when I got January sets instead of August sets a couple of years ago.  They'd ask me to send everything back to them before they would send new sets.  MAYBE they'd eventually come with coupons...or maybe, like they did back then, send me sets with even worse hits since they'd be sending me what's left at the bottom of the barrel.

I called Topps for a missing hit last month and they didn't require me to send the original set back - they just mailed me a foil.  I was pleasantly surprised!

Online Swiski

« Reply #209 on: April 17, 2023, 04:29:54 AM »
It's weird only a small handful of people have these in hand, while most of us didn't even get a shipping email yet.

anything