Author Topic: 1970's Wacky Wonderbread's And Others I Got  (Read 2311 times)

Offline DonTen

1970's Wacky Wonderbread's And Others I Got
« on: January 11, 2023, 10:29:55 AM »
Hi all, I am new here and it took me a bit to find the page with the Email address to register :]. Well I loved these as a kid and this last Saturday I picked up about 269 total stickers that I think are from 1973-1974. It's really been fun looking at these again. About 152 of them look to be in pretty nice condition. Another 117 are missing their borders. From looking at the prices on ebay I think I did pretty nice on these. I really remember the Lavirus and Gadzooka the most. Also after researching these and posting on facebook I have discovered that I have a few Wonderbread issues which I like. I got a lot of mine that way back then.  I Didn't post pics of the border less ones. Thanks

« Last Edit: January 11, 2023, 12:36:59 PM by DonTen »

Offline DonTen

Re: 1970's Wacky Wonderbread's And Others I Got
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2023, 12:37:31 PM »
I got the pics to work Woo Hoo

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 01:30:59 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Don!  Nice haul.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2023, 03:58:30 PM »
I got the pics to work Woo Hoo
I see nothing. Just a bunch of big circles with a hyphen/minus sign in them. No pics.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2023, 04:05:24 PM »
I see nothing. Just a bunch of big circles with a hyphen/minus sign in them. No pics.

Funny, they were there before......  Or I have lost my mind!  I distinctly remember seeing Wonderbread Lavirus.

Offline DonTen

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2023, 05:40:44 PM »

I am still seeing the pics. I first posted them on Google pics then posted the links on here.

Offline DonTen

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2023, 05:45:51 PM »
Here is a link to the post on the Facebook page if that's okay. Pics are there

https://www.facebook.com/groups/wackysandmore?sorting_setting=RECENT_ACTIVITY

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2023, 11:59:15 AM »
Here is a link to the post on the Facebook page if that's okay. Pics are there

https://www.facebook.com/groups/wackysandmore?sorting_setting=RECENT_ACTIVITY
Thanks, I did see them there when you posted on FB the other day.

You should directly add images to your posts vs. using google images and the like. Right under the text box (where you type your post) is a blue link which says "Add image to post". Click on there to add your pics directly into your post.

Offline DonTen

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2023, 04:03:10 PM »
Thanks, I did see them there when you posted on FB the other day.

You should directly add images to your posts vs. using google images and the like. Right under the text box (where you type your post) is a blue link which says "Add image to post". Click on there to add your pics directly into your post.

Actually the box that says "Add image to post" is not there for me for some reason. I tried the "Insert Image" box above but for some reason I am the only one that can see those pics.

Online Soremel

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2023, 08:12:08 PM »
Actually the box that says "Add image to post" is not there for me for some reason. I tried the "Insert Image" box above but for some reason I am the only one that can see those pics.

Same here. I'd post a screen-shot of what my image posting options are, but, well, you know! LOL! I've attempted to post images in a few threads over the past few months, and haven't been able to post anything. I'm the first to admit that I'm "computer illiterate", but after trying multiple tips from other members, and still hitting a brick wall, I just decided not to bother. It used to be a simple click of a key.

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2023, 01:11:10 PM »

Actually the box that says "Add image to post" is not there for me for some reason.

The "Add image to post" isn't showing for me also. The image A is what it used to look like. The image B is what it looks like now. The "attachments and other options" button doesn't give me the option to add an image.  (This image is being hosted on an outside website - Imgur)

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2023, 01:55:13 PM »
The easy workaround is to just go directly to postimage (or wherever you are hosting the image) and paste the url directly into the message….

« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 02:07:02 PM by Paul_Maul »

Offline DonTen

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2023, 07:15:03 PM »
The easy workaround is to just go directly to postimage (or wherever you are hosting the image) and paste the url directly into the message….

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

I tried that here and I have done that on other sites but it's still not working for me?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2023, 07:42:06 PM »
Blocking third party cookies can cause problems with Googleusercontent images. Not sure if that is part of the problem here.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 07:44:40 PM by Paul_Maul »

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2023, 09:19:13 PM »
Blocking third party cookies can cause problems with Googleusercontent images. Not sure if that is part of the problem here.
I suspect the problem here for some is incompatibility with the release of google Chrome.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2023, 10:48:28 AM »
It no longer works for me from the post I am working on.

I just open another tab, do the work and copy and paste the link.  Hope this helps,

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2023, 03:22:32 PM »
I see, or in this case, don’t  see the same thing, currently using Chrome on an Apple device. Safari works as expected. As previously noted, this is probably a bug with the latest version of Chrome. Hopefully fixed soon. Chrome on my Android device is still working as before.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2023, 01:38:32 PM »
Firefox Forever!!!

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2023, 05:42:38 PM »
Probably discussed before, but I missed it if it was.   Looking at the 12th series box image, had Quacker Oats been ceased and desisted this late in the game that they had to remove the title from the iconic package image?

PS....went back and looked at previous box images....looks like the Quacker text was removed between the 6th and 7th series....interesting.   Again, apologies if this has been discussed already.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2023, 05:46:32 PM by Plastered Peanut »
Send me your borderless wackys!