Author Topic: Neil's Twentieth Year Working With Topps!  (Read 1845 times)

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
Neil's Twentieth Year Working With Topps!
« on: December 30, 2022, 10:07:17 AM »
Hi All,

So, 2022 marks the twentieth year I've been working with Topps and I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone here for making it such a fun ride! Some of you I've known for 20 years (or more) and I can honestly say, Wacky Packages fans really are the best in the hobby! I've also had the honor of working with some truly talented artists, writers, editors and vendors and it's meant a lot to be able to collaborate and create the cards you love! Can't say what the future holds, but I hope to spend many more years doing what I enjoy and talking shop with all of you! Thanks again for all the memories! It's been pretty darn Wacky!

Offline DrSushi

Re: Neil's Twentieth Year Working With Topps!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 12:40:27 PM »
Hi All,

So, 2022 marks the twentieth year I've been working with Topps and I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone here for making it such a fun ride! Some of you I've known for 20 years (or more) and I can honestly say, Wacky Packages fans really are the best in the hobby! I've also had the honor of working with some truly talented artists, writers, editors and vendors and it's meant a lot to be able to collaborate and create the cards you love! Can't say what the future holds, but I hope to spend many more years doing what I enjoy and talking shop with all of you! Thanks again for all the memories! It's been pretty darn Wacky!

Congrats Neil! Thanks for contributing your impressive talent and wonderfully positive energy to the hobby!

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 01:02:08 PM »
Hi All,

Woo hoo!!! What a milestone!!! Congratulations!!!
Alex

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2022, 01:09:49 PM »
Happy Anniversary, Neil, and congratulations!  You've given us a lot of great Wackys in 20 years, here's hoping for many more years to come!

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2022, 01:36:16 PM »
Neil, congrats, your contribution to the wonderful world of Wackys is immeasurable.  Not only have you designed classic gags, created stellar paintings, pioneered classic series (postcards, Wonkys and Attacky to name a few) but due to your kindness and generosity brought many new artists into the fold.  I, for one, would never have had the opportunity to work for Topps if not for your encouragement and guidance.  So in addition to congrats let me say a personal thanks for spreading the gospel of Wackys for all to enjoy!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 02:54:56 PM by Joe G. »

Offline Zenergizer

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2022, 05:40:05 PM »
I wouldn't have got a foot in the door if it weren't for you many years ago, may we all have twenty more years of Wackys and then some!

Offline bludevilok

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2022, 10:56:24 PM »
Neil, congrats!  I can only echo what others have said already.  I always admire your work and appreciate your contributions to the Wacky world.  Also, I appreciate all the bonuses you send the Forum's way.  You're awesome! 
 :-[  :great:

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2022, 01:34:22 AM »
Congrats Neil. Thanks for being such a great ambassador to the hobby.   Your passion for all things Wacky shows in everything you do! With you we all all know we have a friend in the Art Department at Topps.  Looking forward to the next 20 years.  :)

Offline Swiski

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2022, 04:58:44 AM »
Happy Anniversary Neil! Hard to believe we are also coming up on the 20th anniversary of the ANS series...and my 20th wedding anniversary. 2024?

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2022, 08:32:23 AM »
Thanks for the kind sentiment everyone! I hope you all have a very Happy, Prosperous (and Wacky) New Year!

Offline freetoes

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2022, 09:44:48 AM »
Congratulations, Neil! Thanks for all your Wacky contributions. May the Muses be fertile in the New Year.

Offline paulygsparodies

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2022, 02:12:44 PM »
Mr. Camera, Happy you were on board for 2 super duper wacky decades. I remember a tad before that you released the awesome one-shot series Pranky Products.

Offline dth1971

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2022, 05:03:04 PM »
Hope we see more Wacky Pack wonders by you in year 21 in 2023, Neil.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2022, 05:22:52 PM »
Congrats Neil, and thanks for helping make the past 20 years such an enjoyable ride!

Offline lcummins

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2022, 07:24:59 PM »
I’ll add my congratulations Neil. I’m not a frequent poster, but I do read the posts most every day. Your generosity with info, giveaways, and encouragement is nothing short of amazing! Thank you for everything you do.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2023, 05:15:33 AM »
You rock Neil, looking forward to 20 more!
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2023, 07:32:22 AM »
Neil's body of work speaks for itself, but his longevity is remarkable! I only hope I can keep creative that long, and still enjoy it as much as he obviously does! Congrats Neil!

Offline mikecho

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2023, 12:20:05 PM »
Here's to 20 more years! Congradulations, Neil!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 08:17:57 PM by mikecho »

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2023, 09:03:39 AM »
Congratulations and happy anniversary!! Quite an achievement! 🤩🤩
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2023, 06:15:55 PM »
Congrats, Neil!  That's quite a run and we've benefited from your exceptional work on Wackys and generosity to the community.  I appreciate all your enthusiasm for the hobby and us collectors.  Looking forward to more of your work in '23 and beyond :)

Tom

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2023, 12:30:58 PM »
Thanks again everyone! Looking forward to some really wacky sets in 2023!!!

anything