Author Topic: To binder or not to binder?  (Read 4702 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
To binder or not to binder?
« on: October 08, 2010, 08:43:07 PM »
I love the new binders from Topps. I have my PC's, OLDS, and ANS7 in them. I love them! LOVE THEM! I was always turned off by binders because of putting OS in binders could be really bad. What I have found is that I look at them more within a binder than I did with them in top loaders. I know the new cards are much more sturdy than the OS, but it is really cool non the less! I still don't plan to put my OS keeper set in binders but I do wish Topps would do a binder for all the ANS series. I do have a couple of the ANS binders but would really love to do each set individually. I don't need this for the PC's but would love to have separate binders for the ANS series.
Series 7 has it's own binder but the other series really don't get their individual love. They just have a generic binder for all ANS series. I don't want to have to put on decals to know the cards are from a specific series. I just want them to be individuals. 

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
Re: To binder or not to binder?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 11:36:18 PM »
I love the new binders from Topps. I have my PC's, OLDS, and ANS7 in them. I love them! LOVE THEM! I was always turned off by binders because of putting OS in binders could be really bad. What I have found is that I look at them more within a binder than I did with them in top loaders. I know the new cards are much more sturdy than the OS, but it is really cool non the less! I still don't plan to put my OS keeper set in binders but I do wish Topps would do a binder for all the ANS series. I do have a couple of the ANS binders but would really love to do each set individually. I don't need this for the PC's but would love to have separate binders for the ANS series.
Series 7 has it's own binder but the other series really don't get their individual love. They just have a generic binder for all ANS series. I don't want to have to put on decals to know the cards are from a specific series. I just want them to be individuals. 

I doubt Topps would go back and put any money into older individual ANS at this point.
You can always use these though, till another solution comes out:
http://www.creepyfun.com/wacky/collages.htm
Whoops looks like I gotta finish up FB2...

Offline HeadAndBoulders

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 04:56:38 AM »
I doubt Topps would go back and put any money into older individual ANS at this point.

How much do you charge for these???

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 07:42:59 AM »
How much do you charge for these???
There free. You just print them out and put them in your own binder. I may have to go to Office Depot to look at their thinner binders that also support putting in your own sheets. I suppose you could always use a blade and cut the tops of these to insert pages. I just like the puffy screen printed ones from Topps.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 07:43:58 AM »

Thanks for posting the link. Those are pretty cool.

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 09:13:36 AM »
Avery makes 1/2" binders that you can slide a front & back cover sheet and binder edge in. They work perfect. Many places carry them like Target & Office Depot.

I too like the puffiness of the new Topps binders though.

wackyone

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2010, 12:58:13 AM »

Very cool,,thanx for posting that  :great:
I also used a wacky pic that i found online to make my OS binder as well,not as nice as these though.
I have all my ANS 1-6 stuff in the std.Topps ANS binder,,i like my binders somewhat full,also,,the pages can hang from the rings and distort the cards over time if the binder is stood on edge with only a few pages in it...i store all mine flat in a cabinet anyway but i dout i would make one up for all 6 ANS sets but to each his own.

I also agree,, i love the new Topps binders and it's nice to look at them while sitting around.I just busted open about 15 psa's from the 16th cause i'm want them all together in the binder with the puzzle.

wackyone

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2010, 01:17:19 AM »
here's the OS cover i used,,,would have to crop a section of it for the spine
it's nice high quality picture,may come in handy to some members.

http://i457.photobucket.com/albums/qq298/irok_album/stuff/WackyPackageBinderwithlogo300.jpg

Offline Dr Popper

• Non-Wackys
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2010, 06:10:34 AM »
Very cool,,thanx for posting that  :great:
I also used a wacky pic that i found online to make my OS binder as well,not as nice as these though.
I have all my ANS 1-6 stuff in the std.Topps ANS binder,,i like my binders somewhat full,also,,the pages can hang from the rings and distort the cards over time if the binder is stood on edge with only a few pages in it...i store all mine flat in a cabinet anyway but i dout i would make one up for all 6 ANS sets but to each his own.

I also agree,, i love the new Topps binders and it's nice to look at them while sitting around.I just busted open about 15 psa's from the 16th cause i'm want them all together in the binder with the puzzle.

I use Staples binders with D-rings.  They are very nice and have sizes in increments of 1/2" and several different colors to choose from.  The problem I found with them is that the height of the binder doesn't match the height of the D-rings, so when the books are filled-up they didn't lie flat, and it bugged me.  To fix this I drilled out the rivets and swapped the next size up with another binder's D-ring, and re-assembled it using small stainless bolts/nuts.  It worked and looks great, but it definitely takes some work.  Since I have about a dozen binders it was quite the project!  Here's how my ANS1 - ANS6 looks, and there's no room for ANS7 in there!..............
Dr Popper (aka Rob Palmer)

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 08:05:41 AM »
here's the OS cover i used,,,would have to crop a section of it for the spine
it's nice high quality picture,may come in handy to some members.

Nice pic. Thanks for the link. Wonder who made that one?

Offline Duznt

• - John K -
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 08:09:26 AM »
I use Staples binders with D-rings.  They are very nice and have sizes in increments of 1/2" and several different colors to choose from.  The problem I found with them is that the height of the binder doesn't match the height of the D-rings, so when the books are filled-up they didn't lie flat, and it bugged me.  To fix this I drilled out the rivets and swapped the next size up with another binder's D-ring, and re-assembled it using small stainless bolts/nuts.  It worked and looks great, but it definitely takes some work.  Since I have about a dozen binders it was quite the project!  Here's how my ANS1 - ANS6 looks, and there's no room for ANS7 in there!..............

That looks great! Wow you put a lot of work into it to get the binder correct.

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 12:31:29 PM »
Nice pic. Thanks for the link. Wonder who made that one?

I created it:

http://www.wacky-base.com/BinderPicture.html

wackyone

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2010, 04:52:04 PM »
I created it:

http://www.wacky-base.com/BinderPicture.html

I forgot where i got it from,,,thanx Brad!
that's a cool page,,i thought i got it somewhere else last year

Offline Duznt

• - John K -

anything