Author Topic: Wacky Package 3D mini Windhex questions (Blue Windhex/Gold Windhex)  (Read 1449 times)

Browsing through Feebay I noticed tonight there is 2 color variations with the nozzle top on the Blue Windhex. One top is dark Grey color and the other nozzle top is White color. If you look at SI's web site, it clearly shows the Fuggetaboutit Gold Windhex with a WHITE nozzle top. I have seen a few pics of Gold Windhex on the net here and there and they all had/have a GOLD colored nozzle. This intrigues me as I now have seen Blue Windhex with BOTH White and Grey nozzles. Then there is SI's White nozzle top Gold Windhex and then the "for sale" ones with ALL Gold color, even the nozzle is Gold plated......SO.........What gives? The White nozzle Gold Windhex looks more professional and worthy of Fuggetaboutit standards.. I believe Gold Windhex could easily be FAKED by just removing the sticker and send the Blue one out for Gold Plating. The piece would be gold plated all over just like the ones for sale previously on the Net......Barkist is unique as it does not have a "base" mini to send out and get chrome plated. You would have to fake the Barkist sticker too......I think it might be worth contacting SI to get some clarification to these discrepancy's.....IDK......What do you guy's think is going on?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2022, 04:23:02 AM by Fantastic Modern Art Coins »

Re: Wacky Package 3D mini Windhex questions (Blue Windhex/Gold Windhex)
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2022, 04:21:29 AM »

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2022, 05:33:50 AM »
I sent SI an email asking to please clarify this White top/Gold top discrepancy......I will post back if I get an answer......Thanks!!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2022, 06:17:11 AM »
I sent SI an email asking to please clarify this White top/Gold top discrepancy......I will post back if I get an answer......Thanks!!
prediction: SI couldn't care less.....nor do they have any clue about the manufacturing and distribution of their product, they only care about sales.....
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2022, 05:36:10 AM »
I think there is demand for these Gold Windhex pieces..........Everyone would like to complete their sets don't ya think? Where there is a will there is a way...I predict there will be a sizeable quantity of these Golden boys appear in the future.....so what if they are not the "real" deal.......since no one here is interested in talking about what an actual "real" Gold Windhex even looks like nobody will ever know the difference........I mean when SI's site shows a White top Gold Windhex and people are paying over $1000 bucks on a piece that don't match the suppliers description it is a recipe for disaster......So be it....at $250 bucks a pop, about 3 times what it costs to get one plated professionally it sounds like a win win for the person who merely sends them out to platers and a "good deal" for the people wanting to complete their hard earned, hard payed for "almost complete" set....How many of those exact sets are built? A TON IMO....For example...They'll say , "We got them golden boys in white top, grey top or all gold.....take your pick.....buy it now only $250" Them plater boys are pretty good at plating plastic now...OR, you can buy the conductive paint and the plating kit on Feebay for around $50 and do it yourself......And if SI does not answer my email then that shows even they do not care to protect the Fuggetaboutit Rarity......May the discussion begin....

Offline drono

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2022, 06:41:46 AM »
I think there is demand for these Gold Windhex pieces..........Everyone would like to complete their sets don't ya think?

Not this everyone.  I have a lot of things I'd rather spend $1K or even $250 on.  For instance, flying my son and his wife home from Dallas for Christmas. 

I think the point Ernie (Bandaches) is trying to make is that SI has used so many unethical tactics to lure collectors into spending way too much money to complete these sets, that most of us no longer care.  Only a few still do, and they'll need really deep pockets to do so.  Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me...fool me three times, and like a fool, my money soon departs.

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2022, 07:40:58 AM »
I understand completely, I have spent many hours reading posts on this forum. It is right here that I first learned of the Minute Mud/ Ebayer debacle. I had no Idea as I was a late comer and had found a ton of ebayers and minute muds in the 2nd series....which I thought was weird and a mistake but then just assumed that they were nothing more than leftover pieces from series 1 that they wanted to sell. That being said, I too am one of the Fools.... I spent way over $5,000 in Cash to try to complete my sets. In doing that I ended up with 4 complete sets of Series 1, 2 "complete" sets of Series 2.....minus the Gold Windhex and Sparkle Red Commie.....I did get 1 Sparkle Commie though which I thought was a unicorn when I first saw it. I really didn't know it existed at the time because I had not discovered this amazing Forum with all the Loads of info concerning the Master Lists.....Which BTW is an absolute astounding resource which I am thankful to have found, And 4 "complete" sets of Series 3 including 1 Barkist. Now I have literally thousands of duplicates which don't seem to be worth anything at all. So yes.....I was a dummy and got lured into this debacle. But at this point I would settle for even a faked Gold Windhex just so I could see it and have it in my cases up on the wall. Anyway, I still have not had any conversations about what this forum collectively thinks a Real Gold Windhex looks like. I am not here to talk about SI's bad practices and customer service. I am wanting to know with some reasonable input what this group thinks a Real Gold Windhex should look like. Maybe it's not a very good question because they are so rare that maybe nobody knows. Only reason I ask is because I am leary  because some time back a man selling Gold Windhex claimed he had 2, which seems astronomically unlikely and my understanding is they were ALL gold color. Correct me if I am wrong about that.....IDK.....Thanks for your input.....maybe we might still get somewhere.....

Offline drono

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2022, 08:50:18 AM »
Good luck with your quest to find a gold Windhex.  The joy of collecting is truly in the hunt.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2022, 04:23:28 PM »
I still have not had any conversations about what this forum collectively thinks a Real Gold Windhex looks like. Maybe it's not a very good question because they are so rare that maybe nobody knows. Only reason I ask is because I am leary because some time back a man selling Gold Windhex claimed he had 2, which seems astronomically unlikely and my understanding is they were ALL gold color.
I have been in physical contact with a Gold Windhex which I am certain is real/legit. I believe it is one of the two you referenced. I saw it & held it at the last Philly show about a month ago. I think it was consigned to Greg to sell, which he did on his Mall. The picture of it is below and it is all gold; the nozzle is not a different color/material. I don't believe any real Gold Windhex will be anything but all gold. It sold for over $1700. Hope all this helps.

Oh, and I seriously doubt I'll ever have one in my collection unless more come along which causes the price to come down considerably. Ditto for BarKist.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2022, 06:22:08 PM »
I don’t think he would mind me mentioning, but forum member faustxxx has reported on here some time ago he pulled a gold Windhex. I don’t remember him posting a pic however. Hopefully he will see this thread and can weigh in on what his looks like.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)