Author Topic: Low Grade Irish Series Cards?  (Read 1401 times)

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
Low Grade Irish Series Cards?
« on: November 16, 2022, 12:47:09 PM »
    Does anyone have Irish Series cards (the ones NOT included in the U.S. sets) in low grade for sale? They can have writing on the back and/or nicks and dings. Please let me know if anyone has any available. Thanks! - Pete Zies

Offline freetoes

Re: Low Grade Irish Series Cards?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2022, 07:10:07 PM »
I doubt if there is such a thing outside of the U.K. Let's say kids there may have collected them and put rubber bands around them, written their names on them, possibly even stuck them on their bicycle spokes. That would not be the case on this side of the Atlantic.

Query: Has anyone ever heard from someone who collected the Irish Wackys, or even knew of their existence when they were released?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 07:11:46 PM by freetoes »

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2022, 07:38:06 PM »
    Does anyone have Irish Series cards (the ones NOT included in the U.S. sets) in low grade for sale? They can have writing on the back and/or nicks and dings. Please let me know if anyone has any available. Thanks! - Pete Zies

I had a set of Irish wackys back in the early 90s that were in NRMT....  I sold them.....  UGGHH!

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2022, 06:35:40 AM »
I think most of the US supply of these came from a dealer who had hoards of sets that were all high grade.  Not sure how many sets exist that are actually low grade ie collected and damaged as Freetoes stated.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2022, 08:08:00 AM »
Well, since I am unfamiliar with the "going rate" for a set of these, what would/should a set of them cost?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2022, 09:19:38 AM »
I found an extra set with the 3 variations that I'd sell for $155.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 11:59:09 AM by RawGoo »

anything