Author Topic: series 14 tri-folds  (Read 2267 times)

Offline jleonard1967

series 14 tri-folds
« on: November 09, 2022, 02:11:16 PM »
I am needing a few more to complete my collection.  If anyone has any that they want to sell or trade, please let me know. 
Thanks
JOE

p.s. will look at any sticker because if I can upgrade my collection, I will pay up for. 

Offline vahsurfer

Re: series 14 tri-folds
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 06:22:16 PM »
Joe,

Please clarify what it is you seek?

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 09:18:15 AM »
I would look at any tri fold title that is available but the ones that are missing from my collection are. Ain't Toothpaste, Battletime Beer, Canquit Chicken Pie, Moldy Bride Magazine, Nose-X, Promesso Sauce, Rebel Jet, and Taffy Cat Food.  Trying to find ones that have full copyright lines and no (MC).  I will look at others, as I am alway looking to up grade if I can.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2022, 07:09:25 PM »
Joe,

I am missing the Tr-Fold part - Help enlighten an old man,

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2022, 02:50:41 AM »
https://wackypacks.com/stickers/14th_series/trifold/frames_index.html

Sometimes hard to tell from normal 14th tans because a heavy roller mark can look like these tri-fold impressions…..

Offline drono

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2022, 06:02:26 AM »
Sometimes hard to tell from normal 14th tans because a heavy roller mark can look like these tri-fold impressions…..

From the front that's true, but the back is a dead giveaway.  I bought a complete 14th tan set off eBay because the photos were only of the fronts, and I thought it had tri-folds.  I got a great deal, but unfortunately there weren't any tri-folds in the set.

I traded with Joe earlier this year to get my set down to just needing Taffy and an upgrade of Ain't.  I think the 14th tri-folds are harder to find than many realize.  I might even rate them up there with 1st tans.  When I used to find them, and the seller knew they were tri-folds, the price was definitely comparable.  Anyone have a different opinion?

Out of curiosity, how many of you have a full set of 14th tri-folds?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 06:07:01 AM by drono »

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2022, 06:16:39 AM »
From the front that's true, but the back is a dead giveaway.  I bought a complete 14th tan set off eBay because the photos were only of the fronts, and I thought it had tri-folds.  I got a great deal, but unfortunately there weren't any tri-folds in the set.

I traded with Joe earlier this year to get my set down to just needing Taffy and an upgrade of Ain't.  I think the 14th tri-folds are harder to find than many realize.  I might even rate them up there with 1st tans.  When I used to find them, and the seller knew they were tri-folds, the price was definitely comparable.  Anyone have a different opinion?

Out of curiosity, how many of you have a full set of 14th tri-folds?
They are definitely much harder to find than non tri-folds.  Your comparison to 1st tans could be close.  Not sure if the demand is as high hence the price doesn't reflect the scarcity.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2022, 04:10:00 PM »
I think currently the price does not justify the rarity of Tri-folds, as I believe that not to many know of them.  I am sure that as people learn of them, and then try to find them, they will learn how hard they are.  Also getting high grade Tri-folds is next to impossible.  Ex is about the highest you will find, (there are some EX-MT and a NrMT.  However the majority of the nicer looking ones are only midgrade cards. 

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2022, 05:58:15 PM »
Was the tri-fold a result of something on the printing process? Or the way they were placed intobthe packs?

Offline chipereno

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2022, 09:13:38 AM »
I think it was just the brand of sticker stock used for the run. Split back style.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2022, 10:11:53 AM »
I have never seen one.

Offline drono

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2022, 10:28:28 AM »
I think it was just the brand of sticker stock used for the run. Split back style.

I think so too, although I've never actually peeled one to see if the backs will separate into three pieces.

I have never seen one.

See, I told you they were harder to find than many realize.  Maybe they're just overlooked as 14th tans.  When I went back to look at my complete set of 14th tans, none were tri-folds, so I've accumulated my partial set over years of searching.

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2022, 08:52:56 PM »
I think so too, although I've never actually peeled one to see if the backs will separate into three pieces.

See, I told you they were harder to find than many realize.  Maybe they're just overlooked as 14th tans.  When I went back to look at my complete set of 14th tans, none were tri-folds, so I've accumulated my partial set over years of searching.

I have 3 or 4 14th tan sets....  I need to check mine for this variation...  never really looked for it before

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2023, 09:50:20 AM »
Just updating this: 
I am down to needing just (3) 14th series tri-folds.  Moldy Bride, Nose-x, and Rebel Jet.  If anyone has them and is willing to part with them, I am a active buyer.