Author Topic: 3d Mini's.......Talking Complete sets  (Read 4271 times)

Offline Plastered Peanut

Re: 3d Mini's.......Talking Complete sets
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2022, 03:00:02 PM »
intents and purposes    :]

Bigtomi, I didn't expect you to take the bait!    :P
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2022, 04:08:14 PM »
Bigtomi, I didn't expect you to take the bait!    :P

Did you mean “bate”?

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2022, 06:21:55 PM »
How many of you have series 1 3d minis as a complete set?..............What about series 2? Same question?.............And lastly Series 3? I am talking Complete with all known varieties and titles.........were they hard sets to assemble? Do you think lots of people did it? I am just trying to figure out if building complete sets will be worth it?

Is Commie the only 3d mini with a different label? You know the Hippies,Yippies one and the Red Stain? Red sparkle varieties count as varieties of a particular title too!!!

Do you think most people were turned off to the sets when they realized the rates of duplicates? :-\

I don't have a truly complete set of any series, despite having spent a lot of money on them, more on each successive series.  That being said, I do really like them and the ones I'm missing (variations of regular titles from series 1, a few of the harder to find ones from series 2, and the "forgetaboutits" from any series) don't bother me terribly much.  Not being as OCD about being a completist as I used to be is freeing, even if it still bothers me a bit.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2022, 06:23:45 AM »
Did you mean “bate”?

Hook a lion and sink her!

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2022, 01:08:32 AM »
Ladies.....Can we please stay on topic?........I got a reply from a member filling me in on the variations/errors that are known......I don't think I have any of those errors. Upside down labels, stickers on wrong type of can....things like that. Thanks very much!!!

Here is something on ebay that may interest you in realm of errors:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334627289004

I too like to collect coins and currency, especially errors, which are extremely rare in that universe.   

You specifically mention "upside down labels"....while an inverted face currency note is mighty rare, I would be very weary of an inverted mini (like the pull tab end being on the bottom); I would think that would be too easy to fake.

My love of error coins and currency has crossed over into my wacky collecting...my "gems" include a 1973 Topps baseball card with the OS1 checklist on the back (https://wackypacks.com/stickers/baseball/), and a Cheapios/Windhex pair from a sheet that was fed upside-down so that the Cheapios has an upside-down Windhex diecut and the Windhex has an upside-down Cheapios diecut.   Other favorites include misfed sheets so the die-cuts are way-off from the sticker; offset sticker cuts that show portions of two stickers, and off-center cuts that show sheet codes.    Friends in the wacky community often send me commonly miscut or misprinted stickers because they know I love them, and they are pretty much worthless in the wacky pack collecting community (except for the few errors mentioned at the beginning of this paragraph.)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2022, 03:07:52 AM »
That cups contains a mini with the labelless side showing. It's not missing a label.  I have seen that often. 

Andrew

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2022, 08:33:39 AM »
That cups contains a mini with the labelless side showing. It's not missing a label.  I have seen that often. 

Andrew

Ah, good catch.   I was mistakenly thinking the toothpaste minis had print on both sides.