Author Topic: 3d Mini's.......Talking Complete sets  (Read 4276 times)

3d Mini's.......Talking Complete sets
« on: November 05, 2022, 07:33:29 PM »
How many of you have series 1 3d minis as a complete set?..............What about series 2? Same question?.............And lastly Series 3? I am talking Complete with all known varieties and titles.........were they hard sets to assemble? Do you think lots of people did it? I am just trying to figure out if building complete sets will be worth it?

Is Commie the only 3d mini with a different label? You know the Hippies,Yippies one and the Red Stain? Red sparkle varieties count as varieties of a particular title too!!!

Do you think most people were turned off to the sets when they realized the rates of duplicates? :-\

Offline faustxxx

Re: 3d Mini's.......Talking Complete sets
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2022, 08:57:15 PM »
     Hi Mike, I sent you a question Oct. 31st.

Matt

Offline drono

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2022, 09:22:05 PM »
I have all three complete sets - without any of the rare variations except Commie.  I bought them as either a big lot of 40+ or as complete sets and paid about $1-$1.50 each for them.  That's all I care to invest in them, so I'm not going to buy any of the rare ones unless I hit the lottery, and I've never played.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2022, 01:38:54 AM »
I have two complete sets of Series 1 with all the rares.  When they started with gold "fuggedaboutits" I did exactly that.  For Series 2 I have all the commons and whatever rares I pulled in the course of assembling the commons.  Same with Series 3.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2022, 02:24:06 AM »
I have 1 complete set of S1. For S2 I have all but the Gold Windhex and Red Sparkle Commie. For S3 I have all but the Silver Barkist. I have no plans to acquire
the Winhex or Barkist; But I am searching for a Red Sparkle Commie. Time will tell....

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2022, 04:13:02 AM »
The reason I ask this question is maybe I have a little buyer's remorse. After shelling out over $5 grand in the last 3 months trying to find the fuggetaboutits.......I ended up with 4 complete sets of series 1, 2 almost complete sets of series 2 and basically 4 complete sets of series 3. I do have 1 Barkist for series 3. Then there is the hundreds and hundreds of duplicates left over for each series.........I thought I would be able to sell the extras on Feebay but what I have found is NO ONE IS BUYING them. So basically, I feel like a Moron Salt and my wife is pretty upset I got myself where I am. So, IDK......I really like them, but I believe I have bought my LAST Wacky Mini.......I don't want any more......

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2022, 01:34:35 PM »
How many of you have series 1 3d minis as a complete set?..............What about series 2? Same question?.............And lastly Series 3? I am talking Complete with all known varieties and titles.........were they hard sets to assemble? Do you think lots of people did it? I am just trying to figure out if building complete sets will be worth it?

Is Commie the only 3d mini with a different label? You know the Hippies,Yippies one and the Red Stain? Red sparkle varieties count as varieties of a particular title too!!!

Do you think most people were turned off to the sets when they realized the rates of duplicates? :-\
There are shade differences on the labels on some of these which aren't even spoken about, I sold mine to I think Marc Simon if I remember correctly. 
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2022, 01:37:13 PM »
The reason I ask this question is maybe I have a little buyer's remorse. After shelling out over $5 grand in the last 3 months trying to find the fuggetaboutits.......I ended up with 4 complete sets of series 1, 2 almost complete sets of series 2 and basically 4 complete sets of series 3. I do have 1 Barkist for series 3. Then there is the hundreds and hundreds of duplicates left over for each series.........I thought I would be able to sell the extras on Feebay but what I have found is NO ONE IS BUYING them. So basically, I feel like a Moron Salt and my wife is pretty upset I got myself where I am. So, IDK......I really like them, but I believe I have bought my LAST Wacky Mini.......I don't want any more......
you have exactly what the distribution said you would....hundreds of the commons, less of the uncommons.  One top of this, the seller company is crooked so not clear why you expected different results.  You should have given away the piles of extras for halloween and view the savings on buying candy to give out as selling these hoards of extras.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Online mikecho

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2022, 04:04:01 PM »
you have exactly what the distribution said you would....hundreds of the commons, less of the uncommons.  One top of this, the seller company is crooked so not clear why you expected different results.  You should have given away the piles of extras for halloween and view the savings on buying candy to give out as selling these hoards of extras.
Actually, it's "hordes" and "On top of this".

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2022, 06:21:43 PM »
Actually, it's "hordes" and "On top of this".
Actually, it's NOT "hordes". From Merriam-Webster: Hoard can be a noun or a verb, referring to a supply of something kept hidden away, or the act of collecting and storing said supply. A hoarder is usually someone who obsessively and unnecessarily keeps things they do not need. Horde, on the other hand, refers to a large group of loosely organized people. So, hoard is correct here.

And, the other is merely a typo, with an extra "e". You are quite pedantic...well, I guess you would be if you were right, but you're not most of the time.

Online mikecho

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2022, 07:42:01 PM »
Actually, it's NOT "hordes". From Merriam-Webster: Hoard can be a noun or a verb, referring to a supply of something kept hidden away, or the act of collecting and storing said supply. A hoarder is usually someone who obsessively and unnecessarily keeps things they do not need. Horde, on the other hand, refers to a large group of loosely organized people. So, hoard is correct here.

And, the other is merely a typo, with an extra "e". You are quite pedantic...well, I guess you would be if you were right, but you're not most of the time.
Sorry; my bad. Thanks for telling me.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2022, 06:39:44 AM »

OMG, this is hilarious!
and what does "on top of this" have to do with my post? 

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2022, 06:42:11 AM »
There are shade differences on the labels on some of these which aren't even spoken about, I sold mine to I think Marc Simon if I remember correctly.
I have seen the shade variations......When you have 50 of the same pieces all lined up it is pretty easy to spot this variation.I was referring more to the "Commie" variation. Hippies,yippies VS. Red stain.......is there any others known other than Commie?

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2022, 06:50:42 AM »
I did give out these on Halloween!!!LOL!!! But at over a buck a piece it makes for some pretty expensive "Candy"...The kids that got them sure were happy though......one kid thought the Beaver on Logs was a Monkey!!! I didn't know about the Minute Mud/ Ebayer fiasco 3 months ago when I first saw these. I also wasn't aware what "distribution" had to say about these either......I was just one of the uneducated masses that got lured into the mess....."caveat emptor"...........

Offline drono

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2022, 07:04:56 AM »
I remember when these were first advertised, I wrote a little software algorithm to figure out how many cases were needed to get all of them based on a random distribution.  This was with the standard 24/6ct case since the other packaging variations were released much later.  If I remember correctly, I used the Monte Carlo method running it 1000 times, and the required purchase was between 4 and 5 cases at $145/case, which came to about $650.  That was without the rare ones and the two that didn't come out until series 2.  I'm guessing that's about what you experienced.

Online mikecho

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2022, 12:28:18 PM »
OMG, this is hilarious!
and what does "on top of this" have to do with my post?
You wrote it as "One" instead of "On". A little quick checking makes all the difference.

Offline drono

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2022, 03:59:24 PM »
You wrote it as "One" instead of "On". A little quick checking makes all the difference.

And you wonder why someone refers to you as pedantic?  You said being called that insulted you, but have you ever thought that pointing out a typo or using what you thought was the incorrect word might be seen as insulting?  I'm sure Ernie knows that it's "on" and not "one," and his use of "hoard" was correct in the context.  If we were to scour all of the messages in the forum, I'd be willing to bet that you've pointed out typos, misspellings, and misuse of words far more times than every other member combined.  Now I would say that's being pedantic.  Before you get insulted, I'm using it to describe your actions and not attacking you as a person.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2022, 04:00:31 PM »
A little quick checking makes all the difference.
Like verifying the difference between hoards and hordes?

"Hello, pot? This is kettle. You're black."

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2022, 05:37:30 PM »
And you wonder why someone refers to you as pedantic?  You said being called that insulted you, but have you ever thought that pointing out a typo or using what you thought was the incorrect word might be seen as insulting?  I'm sure Ernie knows that it's "on" and not "one," and his use of "hoard" was correct in the context.  If we were to scour all of the messages in the forum, I'd be willing to bet that you've pointed out typos, misspellings, and misuse of words far more times than every other member combined.  Now I would say that's being pedantic.  Before you get insulted, I'm using it to describe your actions and not attacking you as a person.

Run-on sentences!!! Please fix  :D

Offline drono

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2022, 07:35:40 PM »
Run-on sentences!!! Please fix  :D

Really, where? 

BTW, that one was just as an example.  It should have been Really?  Where?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 07:39:14 PM by drono »

Offline bandaches

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2022, 08:03:36 PM »
Really, where? 

Let's all agree to start all sentences with conjunctions and end all sentences with prepositions....On can only hope he enjoys it(edit)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 08:45:47 PM by bandaches »

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2022, 01:51:43 AM »
Really, where? 

Not really. ‘Tis a joke.

On can only hope he goes nuts....

I see what you did there…

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2022, 02:48:45 AM »
Let's all agree to start all sentences with conjunctions and end all sentences with prepositions....On can only hope he goes nuts....

And what exactly are you getting at.....cantaloupe.   
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline drono

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2022, 02:49:15 AM »
Let's all agree to start all sentences with conjunctions and end all sentences with prepositions....On can only hope he goes nuts....

I think he said he lives in Florida, so he's got more to worry about than typos, misspellings, and sentence structure.  Let's pray everyone in the Sunshine State stays safe as Nicole makes landfall.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2022, 03:05:28 AM »
I think he said he lives in Florida, so he's got more to worry about than typos, misspellings, and sentence structure.  Let's pray everyone in the Sunshine State stays safe as Nicole makes landfall.

For all intensive purposes, I care more about the people of Florida than the newly elected gubner.     
Send me your borderless wackys!

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2022, 06:05:00 AM »
Ladies.....Can we please stay on topic?........I got a reply from a member filling me in on the variations/errors that are known......I don't think I have any of those errors. Upside down labels, stickers on wrong type of can....things like that. Thanks very much!!!

Offline drono

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2022, 06:14:50 AM »
Upside down labels, stickers on wrong type of can....things like that.

If you're a coin collector as your name suggests, then those things would matter to you.  Most of us see them as one offs that have very little significance in our collecting, but please feel free to share your knowledge.

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2022, 06:27:32 AM »
Believe me.....I wish to find a Haunt Jemima mini soooooo freaking bad!!! I would trade a WHOLE COMPLETE set AND PAY A THOUSAND DOLLARS easily for that one title!!!!! ANY TAKERS????

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2022, 07:43:14 AM »
For all intensive purposes
intents and purposes    :]

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2022, 07:46:20 AM »
Believe me.....I wish to find a Haunt Jemima mini soooooo freaking bad!!! I would trade a WHOLE COMPLETE set AND PAY A THOUSAND DOLLARS easily for that one title!!!!! ANY TAKERS????
There won't be any takers...and stop wasting any energy on it. That mini was never produced, was pulled prior to production.

Offline drono

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2022, 08:13:44 AM »
That mini was never produced, was pulled prior to production.

Well now, if you had a time machine and 1.21 jigowatts of power, you might be able to go back in time and change their minds.  Otherwise a good 3-D printer and a little artistic ability might suffice.

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2022, 12:49:42 PM »
That's too bad about Haunt Jemima not being made........Putrid Cat Chow is almost despised by me because it replaced that COOL TITLE!!! I can only dream what it would have looked like in my display case.......I would be interested if there was a 3D printer wizard who could make them up!! Probably illegal to do it though.......SI or Topps would probably have a conniption fit and then their Lawyers would have a field day!!!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2022, 01:31:22 PM »
That's too bad about Haunt Jemima not being made........Putrid Cat Chow is almost despised by me because it replaced that COOL TITLE!!! I can only dream what it would have looked like in my display case.......I would be interested if there was a 3D printer wizard who could make them up!! Probably illegal to do it though.......SI or Topps would probably have a conniption fit and then their Lawyers would have a field day!!!

It's a shame that Haunt Jemima was a unique shape. It would have been cool as a stand out shape for the minis. I know there were "fan made" versions of the two Series 1 titles before they were actually released in Series 2, that looked good. But they both were common shapes that extra minis could be employed as.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2022, 01:54:14 PM »
It's a shame that Haunt Jemima was a unique shape. It would have been cool as a stand out shape for the minis. I know there were "fan made" versions of the two Series 1 titles before they were actually released in Series 2, that looked good. But they both were common shapes that extra minis could be employed as.

If the real product was/is made as a mini, all that will remain is the label.  The bottle hasn't changed.

Offline drono

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2022, 03:54:50 PM »
I would be interested if there was a 3D printer wizard who could make them up!! Probably illegal to do it though.......SI or Topps would probably have a conniption fit and then their Lawyers would have a field day!!!

Only if you sold it for a profit.  If you made one for yourself, that should be completely legal.  If you made a few for friends for the cost of material, they shouldn't have a problem with that either. 

Now, if you claimed you had no idea where they came from, and they were made in a limited quantity, but you not only seemed to have an endless supply of them, you also had about 15 different sparkle and color variations, of which you were the only one in the world selling them, well that's a story we're all too familiar with.  However, Topps doesn't seem to mind, but SI might.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 03:57:32 PM by drono »