Author Topic: Ratz and Cracked Animals on eBay right now.  (Read 3509 times)

Offline Brian Mc

Ratz and Cracked Animals on eBay right now.
« on: September 28, 2022, 06:52:59 AM »
Something doesn't seem right to me with the Ratz and the Cracked Animals cards currently on eBay. They look like they're encased in hard shells, like PSA, but the seller says they are not.

Seller also has 3 feedback. Huge red flag

What are your thoughts on these?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/403905530969?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=4sah9nu6szy&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=cCyh7kTwTbq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

https://www.ebay.com/itm/403905602919?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=4sah9nu6szy&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=cCyh7kTwTbq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Brian Mc

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Ratz and Cracked Animals on eBay right now.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 07:37:17 AM »
Something doesn't seem right to me with the Ratz and the Cracked Animals cards currently on eBay. They look like they're encased in hard shells, like PSA, but the seller says they are not.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/403905530969?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=4sah9nu6szy&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=cCyh7kTwTbq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

https://www.ebay.com/itm/403905602919?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=4sah9nu6szy&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=cCyh7kTwTbq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

That looks like a PSA case.  Danger Will Robinson!!!!

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2022, 07:42:40 AM »
That looks like a PSA case.  Danger Will Robinson!!!!

Exactly. Seller said they aren't in cases and aren't graded. I think seller found some pictures somewhere, cropped them, and put them up for sale.

I could be wrong, but my spider senses are tingling.
Brian Mc

Offline Liptorn

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2022, 07:46:29 AM »
If you look at the back pic of Cracked, on the right side you can see a screw. These look like they are in a one screw holder or one that has a magnet. However, this is basically the first items this seller has ever listed because the feedback is from 3 purchases.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 07:48:01 AM by Liptorn »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2022, 08:20:58 AM »
If you look at the back pic of Cracked, on the right side you can see a screw. These look like they are in a one screw holder or one that has a magnet. However, this is basically the first items this seller has ever listed because the feedback is from 3 purchases.

I didn't look at that pic before - you're right, it's a magnetic snap case, and I think I see one on Ratz, as well. 
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 08:49:20 AM by RawGoo »

Offline lcummins

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2022, 10:04:29 AM »
Don't forget, both of these are under the "Authenticity Guarantee" program, so you have something of a safety-net to make up for his/her low feedback.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2022, 11:38:59 AM »

This is the same seller who did or didn't sell to greg who maybe swapped cracked animals when he wasn't happy with what was sent, who randomly wrote me a year after this deal with greg saying she still has ratz and cracked, who every day has a different personal trauma story, who wanted to sell these to me privately(why she didn't already sell to greg is a mystery since she was transacting already) so I played along knowing full well this was never going to be a private deal and now here they are on ebay which is what I told her to do like a year ago with the charade started ...  I hope the buyer doesn't get too many stories of personal drama on why the cards don't arrive....
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline drono

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2022, 02:45:51 PM »
Don't forget, both of these are under the "Authenticity Guarantee" program, so you have something of a safety-net to make up for his/her low feedback.

I wouldn't spend this kind of money on a seller with so few feedback entries.  Guarantees don't mean anything if the seller takes my money and doesn't send me anything.  eBay may send me back my money, but it's just not worth the hassle.

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2022, 06:11:06 PM »
This is the same seller who did or didn't sell to greg who maybe swapped cracked animals when he wasn't happy with what was sent, who randomly wrote me a year after this deal with greg saying she still has ratz and cracked, who every day has a different personal trauma story, who wanted to sell these to me privately(why she didn't already sell to greg is a mystery since she was transacting already) so I played along knowing full well this was never going to be a private deal and now here they are on ebay which is what I told her to do like a year ago with the charade started ...  I hope the buyer doesn't get too many stories of personal drama on why the cards don't arrive....

Dammit. I knew these listings were suspicious. Still, it bums me out because Ratz and Cracked Animals are the two cards that I still need...

The wait continues...  :-\
Brian Mc

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2022, 09:12:00 PM »
Pinball

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2022, 01:31:08 AM »
Dammit. I knew these listings were suspicious. Still, it bums me out because Ratz and Cracked Animals are the two cards that I still need...

I’m in the same boat as you, brother. I almost pulled the trigger on the Cracked on the first day it was posted.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2022, 03:05:22 AM »
For the money involved with these two cards, the seller should arrange a possible local pick-up for buyers. If they say no with a bunch of excuses, then you know something is wrong.

Offline lcummins

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2022, 10:07:15 AM »
I wouldn't spend this kind of money on a seller with so few feedback entries.  Guarantees don't mean anything if the seller takes my money and doesn't send me anything.  eBay may send me back my money, but it's just not worth the hassle.

For the money involved with these two cards, the seller should arrange a possible local pick-up for buyers. If they say no with a bunch of excuses, then you know something is wrong.

You guys do realize the seller has to send the card to a third party authenticator to be verified and they in turn send it on to the buyer if authentic or return it to the seller if it can't be verified. Here is the eBay page explaining the program...

https://pages.ebay.com/authenticity-guarantee-tradingcards/

Offline drono

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2022, 10:36:11 AM »
You guys do realize the seller has to send the card to a third party authenticator to be verified and they in turn send it on to the buyer if authentic or return it to the seller if it can't be verified. Here is the eBay page explaining the program...

https://pages.ebay.com/authenticity-guarantee-tradingcards/

But I don't think it gets shipped to the 3rd party until after you buy it, so the seller could still not send it.  I suppose you'd get your money back at that point, but it's still a hassle.

Offline lcummins

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2022, 11:27:22 AM »
But I don't think it gets shipped to the 3rd party until after you buy it, so the seller could still not send it.  I suppose you'd get your money back at that point, but it's still a hassle.

Yes, a bit of a hassle, but not much different than the proxy services people used to use... seller and buyer send item and money to a third party who then sends on to other party if everything appears correct, only in this case, the third party grader is authenticating the item first. And if the seller doesn't send the item, eBay will probably suspend or close their account, and it is mandatory at this time. That is one of the things I don't like about the program... it should be optional for the buyer. Also, if the item is determined to be counterfeit, eBay reserves the right to confiscate and/or destory the item! The worst thing (to me anyway) is that if the TPG can't authenticate it, whether because they don't have the knowledge or expertise, they will return it to the seller and cancel the sale, even if both the seller and buyer know what the item is and want to complete the transaction. Seems like eBay just forcing people to make deals off of eBay.

Offline drono

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2022, 01:56:33 PM »
Seems like eBay just forcing people to make deals off of eBay.

Since it's only free for a limited time, it sounds like eBay is trying to get sellers hooked on the drug, and then turn a profit.

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2022, 05:26:31 PM »
Welp, somebody bought them. Good luck to the buyer, I hope it all works out.
Brian Mc

Offline Hustler08

• I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2022, 06:47:55 PM »

Slim Shadddyyyyyy >:D >:D

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2022, 05:22:26 AM »
Good luck to the buyer. I know everyone wants those cards, but it’s an awful lot of money to risk on a sketchy listing…

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2022, 11:07:40 PM »
Good luck to the buyer. I know everyone wants those cards, but it’s an awful lot of money to risk on a sketchy listing…

I am perfectly happy with high res printouts I made years ago from someone's post.   Printed them to scale to be the same size as a card, and they found a very happy place in my 9-sleeve non-repeated Die Cut section of my keeper collection!   

No freaking way I'm paying that kind of money for little piece of printed cardboard.....unless I hit the lottery....
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2022, 09:37:51 AM »
Welp, somebody bought them. Good luck to the buyer, I hope it all works out.

Wonder if someone here bought them, but doesn't want to speak up until it's 100% finalized. Or maybe Greg bought them. Who knows?

Offline bandaches

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2022, 04:57:47 AM »
Wonder if someone here bought them, but doesn't want to speak up until it's 100% finalized. Or maybe Greg bought them. Who knows?
Doesn't seem they're sold yet she's filling my inbox with all sorts of fairy tales and stories now suddenly she's in such Dire Straits for money she's selling her house but yet she's had these cards for years and never sold them while accepting offers from folks pruvately and never closong the deals.  She's having eBay problems and can't seem to honor her eBay auctions.... I mean this woman is full of more stories than m and m's in a 17 gallon bin...
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2022, 06:16:03 AM »
Doesn't seem they're sold yet she's filling my inbox with all sorts of fairy tales and stories now suddenly she's in such Dire Straits for money she's selling her house but yet she's had these cards for years and never sold them while accepting offers from folks pruvately and never closong the deals.  She's having eBay problems and can't seem to honor her eBay auctions.... I mean this woman is full of more stories than m and m's in a 17 gallon bin...

LOLzzzzzz

My spider senses saved me again! Hahaha

Too bad though, I really am in the market for these two cards 
 :sad:
Brian Mc

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2022, 09:28:39 AM »
Maybe ‘ronnierocker’ will buy them.  Birds of a feather . . .

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2022, 09:31:17 AM »
I am perfectly happy with high res printouts I made years ago from someone's post.   Printed them to scale to be the same size as a card, and they found a very happy place in my 9-sleeve non-repeated Die Cut section of my keeper collection!   

No freaking way I'm paying that kind of money for little piece of printed cardboard.....unless I hit the lottery....
Don’t forget they were both issued as part of the Chrome set, although I can understand wanting something more similar to the basic die-cut/OS look.  Ratz got the ANS magnet treatment but I think Chrome is the only format that Cracked Animals has been re-issued in.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2022, 09:57:14 AM »
Don’t forget they were both issued as part of the Chrome set, although I can understand wanting something more similar to the basic die-cut/OS look.  Ratz got the ANS magnet treatment but I think Chrome is the only format that Cracked Animals has been re-issued in.
Off-topic for a minute, don't forget that Fearstone Tires was released as a peel-and-stick sticker twice in both of the Album series (1982 and the unreleased 1986), but in a smaller size than a regular Wacky. Also, this one and Cracked Animals are the only two left of the 14 pulled Die-Cuts that still haven't been officially released as regular-sized peel-and-stick Wackys...yet.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 01:04:45 PM by mikecho »

Offline bandaches

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2022, 12:36:45 PM »
LOLzzzzzz

My spider senses saved me again! Hahaha

Too bad though, I really am in the market for these two cards 
 :sad:
I believe she really has these cards but her handling of selling has been a circus. 

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2022, 08:29:29 AM »
Sort of on topic question…do we think Cracked has never been reprinted because Topps is still afraid of cease and desist letter from Nabisco after all of these years? Or were reprint titles chosen in a haphazard fashion?

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2022, 08:55:13 AM »
No, that’s clearly not the case, as they’ve reprinted the crap out of Ratz over the past decade or so, and that’s the other Nabisco die cut, as well as creating dozens of new parodies of a ton of their other products (Oreo, Chips Ahoy, etc.)
As well, Cracked has been released as a mini and sticker with SI.
I think it’s really that Topps had a quality scan of the art for Ratz and they don’t for Cracked. A reprint would look substandard.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2022, 11:38:57 AM »
No, that’s clearly not the case, as they’ve reprinted the crap out of Ratz over the past decade or so, and that’s the other Nabisco die cut, as well as creating dozens of new parodies of a ton of their other products (Oreo, Chips Ahoy, etc.)
As well, Cracked has been released as a mini and sticker with SI.
I think it’s really that Topps had a quality scan of the art for Ratz and they don’t for Cracked. A reprint would look substandard.
Also, don't forget that Cracked was re-released in the 50th Anniversary Series, but Topps changed the artwork for that one and all the others in the 50th Anniversary subset of that series.

I wonder, Patrick, if what you've just said was the reason why they did that.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2022, 04:17:26 PM »
Also, don't forget that Cracked was re-released in the 50th Anniversary Series, but Topps changed the artwork for that one and all the others in the 50th Anniversary subset of that series.

I wonder, Patrick, if what you've just said was the reason why they did that.
It was not re-released in the 50th set. Full stop.
Nothing about that title is the same as the original other than the name.
That entire subset was just a bunch of horrible re-imaginings of some die cut titles

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2022, 04:26:37 PM »
Let me fix your quote. Is this what you meant to say?

That entire set was just a bunch of horrible

:]
Brian Mc

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2022, 01:32:02 PM »
I noticed they appeared again as well. The random fluctuation of prices really strikes me as odd too. If you want it for $1500, better buy it now before it is $2500 in a couple days.

anything