Author Topic: Favorite Original Series?  (Read 2677 times)

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
Favorite Original Series?
« on: September 27, 2022, 03:58:03 PM »
Trying to get nostalgia flowing. What was your favorite Original Series and why? Not title, but favorite entire series? I am partial to 8th Series…

Offline Paul_Maul

Re: Favorite Original Series?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 04:19:42 PM »
1st followed closely by 2nd.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2022, 05:15:37 PM »
A thread for this already exists, so there’s some answers there.

As for me, I’d probably say Die-Cuts and/or Series 5.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 05:31:12 PM »
1st because that is what started it all for me.  I have like 50 complete series 1 puzzles and yet I never find them to be boring.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2022, 06:16:52 PM »
 2nd hands down.   It's what started me on the path when a friend showed me All-Brain and Poopsie.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Swiski

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2022, 07:01:00 PM »
JailOJohn is like that ol' EF Hutton commercial...when he talks everyone listens. When I want to discuss vintage Wacky real products, I get crickets. Maybe it's his Napoleon Dynamite photo that gets people to like him! LOL!

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2022, 07:16:53 PM »
JailOJohn is like that ol' EF Hutton commercial...when he talks everyone listens. When I want to discuss vintage Wacky real products, I get crickets. Maybe it's his Napoleon Dynamite photo that gets people to like him! LOL!

I think you may have been mistaken Sir. I for one, expressed an interest in you to continue. Good Day

Jim

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2022, 01:46:41 PM »
8th Series has some GREAT titles…BAM, Yubum, Daffy, Dr Popper, Scorch, Cheep, Hopeless Snowballs, Bone Ami, Suffertone, Scary Lee, Kong Fu, Hex Lax…mostly i can remember buying pack after pack trying to get Kentucky Fried Fingers…I always wished you got 4 or 5 stickers per pack…
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 01:55:48 PM by JailOJohn »

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2022, 09:06:23 PM »
Pinball

Offline drono

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2022, 03:04:01 AM »
For me it started with the 1st series, so Gadzooka is one of my all-time favorites.  But my 1st series stickers got destroyed, so they were forgotten after shedding a few tears and collecting the 2nd and 3rd, before the craze hit.  I remember trading the 4th and 5th in school, only getting a Windhex that someone had stuck on their notebook, and never seeing a Choke Wagon.  I remember my sister helping me get the entire 6th series in one day by probably only spending $2 - two trips of 19 packs + tax.  I vaguely remember the 7th-10th and multiple trips to the 7-11 to look for them whenever my parents would take me.  I don't think I ever saw the 11th, and I'm still not so fond of the magazines.  The 12th showed up at the concession stand where we played baseball, so I remember a resurgence of my collecting during the summer.  After that I don't remember seeing them anymore.

So the 4th, 5th, and 6th probably have the fondest memories for me, but my favorite sticker is Wormy Packages, and my favorite puzzle is definitely Gadzooka.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2022, 07:34:53 AM »
Do i want to know what the story is on your First Series stickers being destroyed?

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2022, 09:33:56 AM »
Do i want to know what the story is on your First Series stickers being destroyed?
Testing my memory here: Dennis, was that the story where they were left in your pants pocket and your Mom washed them? or am I confusing stories with someone else?

Offline drono

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2022, 10:24:53 AM »
Testing my memory here: Dennis, was that the story where they were left in your pants pocket and your Mom washed them? or am I confusing stories with someone else?

That was it - good memory.  The only one that survived was a Grave Train in poor condition that I sold on eBay around 1999 to someone looking for stickers in any condition.  I think I unloaded all my clunkers from my childhood for about $5.  Some were just showing browning with age, but I do remember a Mustard Charge where part of the border was missing.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2022, 09:59:32 AM »
That was it - good memory.  The only one that survived was a Grave Train in poor condition that I sold on eBay around 1999 to someone looking for stickers in any condition.  I think I unloaded all my clunkers from my childhood for about $5.  Some were just showing browning with age, but I do remember a Mustard Charge where part of the border was missing.

Weren’t they 1st tans?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2022, 10:32:21 AM »

Offline drono

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2022, 07:38:59 PM »
Weren’t they 1st tans?

Yes they were.  I remember when I bought the 2nd series stickers, which were white, I noticed that the stock was thicker.  I only finished off my 1st tan set about two or three years ago.

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2022, 12:39:49 PM »
Yes they were.  I remember when I bought the 2nd series stickers, which were white, I noticed that the stock was thicker.  I only finished off my 1st tan set about two or three years ago.
Tanbacks came late in the run, i had only 2 probably from one of the last packs I bought as a kid - I think it was Maddie and Weakies.  I don't remember their being tan being really all that remarkable to me as I believe series 2 had already started selling and i was getting a mix of tans and whites 2nd series already so it just seemed to go with the flow at that point.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2022, 02:55:56 PM »
Tanbacks came late in the run, i had only 2 probably from one of the last packs I bought as a kid - I think it was Maddie and Weakies.  I don't remember their being tan being really all that remarkable to me as I believe series 2 had already started selling and i was getting a mix of tans and whites 2nd series already so it just seemed to go with the flow at that point.

I know I never had a first tan. But for some reason I can’t remember whether I had 2nd tans. I know I had 2nd whites.

Offline All-Brain

• All things 79-80 Reissue
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2022, 05:00:55 PM »
Favorite "original" series? Bah.........Wacky Packages did not start until 1979 :)

Offline Bigmuc13

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2022, 07:01:19 AM »
Favorite "original" series? Bah.........Wacky Packages did not start until 1979 :)

I still have about 20 stickers from when I bought them as a kid. One of them is a tan back Crust.  Of, it is borderless and my name is on the back of it  ;)
Still looking for Series 17