Author Topic: 1967 Die-Cuts C&D Timeline  (Read 1504 times)

Offline NationalSpittoon

1967 Die-Cuts C&D Timeline
« on: September 11, 2022, 07:22:08 AM »
Has anyone ever come up with a conclusive timeline for when each non-repeat die-cut was pulled? For example, Ratz and Cracked Animals were pulled first, Jolly Mean Giant was pulled after Moron Salt, and Boredom's was not pulled until after the run ended. (Alongside Cracked Jerk and Alcohol Seltzer). But, what about the others? Was De-Mented pulled before Schmutz, Jolly Mean Giant before Coronation, etc.?

Offline vahsurfer

Re: 1967 Die-Cuts C&D Timeline
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2022, 08:13:08 AM »
That would be cool to see a visual timeline with dates,

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2022, 08:45:53 AM »
I don’t think there is conclusive knowledge about that, as you would have to have access to all of the different sheets to be sure. Greg has the rarity guide which I guess offers an educated guess to when they were pulled.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2022, 09:16:59 AM »
I looked at that rarity guide but I think it is inaccurate. I was thinking that this information could be useful more than anything. If you see an eBay auction that has a Muller and a Skimpy, for example. Was De-Mented pulled before Muller? If so, the Skimpy could potentially be a #15.

I also guess that’s why people message the sellers. But that lacks the stealth factor!

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2022, 11:49:02 AM »
There’s also the complement relationship between pulled die cuts and number variations. Greg seems to think 23 6-up is tough, which would make Muller one of the most common non-repeats.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2022, 02:03:30 PM »
There’s also the complement relationship between pulled die cuts and number variations. Greg seems to think 23 6-up is tough, which would make Muller one of the most common non-repeats.

Agreed. I feel the same way about Grave Train #6. That one always seemed tough to find, meaning that Slum Maid should be conversely easier to find.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2022, 02:15:38 PM »
here's a description of the evolution of the sheet from the Die Cuts to the 1st Series stickers put together by Dave and Greg Grant.
No date specifics, as that info isn't around.
Pictures of the known die-cut sheets are included.
Seems like there's at least one missing link sheet out there still waiting to be found, which would have Moron Salt deleted but Jolly Mean still present, along with other changes.
Whether there are any more sheets than that one is debatable.

https://wackypacks.com/sheets/1st_evolution.html