Author Topic: Philly Non Sports Card Show - October 15/16!  (Read 5944 times)

Offline vahsurfer

Re: Philly Non Sports Card Show - October 15/16!
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2022, 11:33:32 AM »
We will be at the Spring Show - Sorry we could not make this weekend's show,

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2022, 05:52:20 PM »
Anyone have extra Wacky promos from the show?

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2022, 07:37:05 PM »
Anyone have extra Wacky promos from the show?

I Had a terrific show, hanging out with collectors like Greg G, Tom P, Matt S, Joe L, Bill C, Bill K, Marc S, Rob P, And Mark/his parents from Harrisburg. Forgive me if anyone was left out. Dates for the spring show are May 20/21st at the Greater Oaks Expo center. As far as pictures taken, I'll post them this week. As far as items picked up, a ton of single checklist pieces and puzzles, got Neil's Haunted House artwork piece. Out of the puzzle pieces bought, got about 15 single pieces from Series 16. Dinner was held at the host hotel the Hilton Garden Inn, same meal as the last show. Chicken with gravy/mushroom, pasta, salad, rolls, cookies, and soda and coffee for a beverage. Many great door prizes such as M.A. Sketch cards, boxes of the new Creepshow set, GPK Items just to name a few. The real fun for me was hanging out with Neil Camera and his delightful daughter Halsey from KS. Was able to help out 2 collectors with the promo packs which I Got with admission. OK Wacky family circle your calendars for the dates mentioned for the Spring show, so until then, C Y'all in "23"

Offline Swiski

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2022, 04:48:41 AM »
What were the Wacky promos at the show? I saw the Haunted House promo card on eBay for both Wacky Packages and Garbage Pail Kids.

Offline Kook

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2022, 08:32:05 AM »
What were the Wacky promos at the show? I saw the Haunted House promo card on eBay for both Wacky Packages and Garbage Pail Kids.

Saturday was GPK, Sunday was Wacky Packages - similar Haunted House cards

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2022, 05:03:45 PM »
Dinner was held at the host hotel the Hilton Garden Inn, same meal as the last show. Chicken with gravy/mushroom, pasta, salad, rolls, cookies, and soda and coffee for a beverage.

Love how Mark recaps the full dinner menu from each show.  a surefire way to reel in the foodies among us.

BTW, you mentioned boxes of Creepshow cards as a door prize.  I assume it’s based on the new Creepshow series, as opposed to the old George Romero / Steven King movie.  Has anyone been watching that series?  Just wondering if it’s any good.  A new season of American Horror Story starts this week, and it looks like it has potential, although sometimes in past seasons it’s been unfulfilled potential with that show.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2022, 05:58:48 AM »
Love how Mark recaps the full dinner menu from each show.  a surefire way to reel in the foodies among us.

BTW, you mentioned boxes of Creepshow cards as a door prize.  I assume it’s based on the new Creepshow series, as opposed to the old George Romero / Steven King movie.  Has anyone been watching that series?  Just wondering if it’s any good.  A new season of American Horror Story starts this week, and it looks like it has potential, although sometimes in past seasons it’s been unfulfilled potential with that show.

I like this show (AHS) more when its done one stand alone episode at a time, more like Twilight Zone. When they try to stretch a given theme for an entire season, it seems to get very convaluted, boring, and far from the original track.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2022, 07:11:04 PM »
I like this show (AHS) more when its done one stand alone episode at a time, more like Twilight Zone. When they try to stretch a given theme for an entire season, it seems to get very convaluted, boring, and far from the original track.
Which seasons were done that way?  I’ve only seen a few complete seasons, but they were all continuous stories.  I felt Freakshow was the best, though I missed Asylum and heard good things about it.  Later seasons were also injected with political messaging which IMO detracts greatly from the show’s purpose (to be SCARY) and creates a needlessly annoying distraction.  I’m going to give this new season a shot, but wouldn’t be surprised if I end up giving up on it.

Offline BattleCaps

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2022, 02:57:09 PM »
  I went to the show on Sunday. It was my first time going to this new location. Didn't have much money to spend, but it was fun looking at all of the cards and talking with some really nice people.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2022, 07:31:27 PM »
  I went to the show on Sunday. It was my first time going to this new location. Didn't have much money to spend, but it was fun looking at all of the cards and talking with some really nice people.

I Still have 2 promo packs from this past weekend's show, I Don't have both GPK Cards, but you will get at least 1 of them and the Wacky promo card is in their. $10 each covers cost and s/h. Check, M.O. Or Paypal.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2022, 07:57:16 PM »

I Still have 2 promo packs from this past weekend's show, I Don't have both GPK Cards, but you will get at least 1 of them and the Wacky promo card is in their. $10 each covers cost and s/h. Check, M.O. Or Paypal.

One pack has found a good home.

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2022, 04:54:53 PM »
Nope. According to a card I got from him, his name is “Mark M.”.

The ghost of Mark Macaluso???  Could it be?
That guy was fun.  Tragic loss too.  Most expensive dealer ever, and funny as hell.  He once let me take a photo of him selling me a crappy "Bone Ami" for $100, poking fun at himself for his prices... which by today's standards were an absolute bargain.  He didn't actually take my $100 of course...well, not for the "Bone Ami" anyway.  I think that got me 10 crispy mint common diecuts if I remember.  I don't believe in ghosts, though.

Offline Pupsi-Cola

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2022, 05:40:12 PM »

One pack has found a good home.

So has the other one.

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2022, 08:18:01 PM »
That guy was fun.  Tragic loss too.  Most expensive dealer ever, and funny as hell.  He once let me take a photo of him selling me a crappy "Bone Ami" for $100, poking fun at himself for his prices... which by today's standards were an absolute bargain.  He didn't actually take my $100 of course...well, not for the "Bone Ami" anyway.  I think that got me 10 crispy mint common diecuts if I remember.  I don't believe in ghosts, though.

I got a bunch of minty dies from Mark back in the mid 90s for $7 each.  That was my first exposure to the diecuts.  I also scored a 1-44 nrmt/mint die set off the Wrapper Magazine in 1995...  those were the days!

Offline sunsweat

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2022, 11:05:07 AM »

Mark was also selling Scoot no copyright cards for $5 each.

Offline Joe G.

« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2022, 05:15:33 PM »

Shoe is the best!  Just got the packet o' promos and a few extras.  Thanks a million, it is truly appreciated and makes me feel like I attended, well almost!