Author Topic: GPK Wacky Package Prose  (Read 2129 times)

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
GPK Wacky Package Prose
« on: August 25, 2022, 10:25:01 AM »
Has anybody else seen these? There are a few fir sale on Fleabay, cannot tell if they are stickers or cards. Titles like Fad (for Mad) and Ew Yorker. They look kinda cool…i imagine they are some kind if GPK subset?

Offline faustxxx

Re: GPK Wacky Package Prose
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 10:35:43 AM »
     Yes.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 10:36:41 AM »
Has anybody else seen these? There are a few fir sale on Fleabay, cannot tell if they are stickers or cards. Titles like Fad (for Mad) and Ew Yorker. They look kinda cool…i imagine they are some kind if GPK subset?

Pictures or link available?
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 11:22:54 AM »
Subset of the recent Bookworms set

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 02:21:07 PM »

Offline Jean Nutty

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2022, 10:16:04 PM »

Offline dth1971

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2022, 06:13:52 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

At least Topps finally got a Rolling Stone spoof Wacky Package style to be in a set - GPK, not the Wacky Packages - although the never made it to the 1970's Wacky series entry "Rotting Zone" has yet to show up in some Wacky Old School set (like a "What Might Have Been" subset with other unreleased Wacky Packages of the 1970's in tan back, white back, and Ludlow).

Offline mikecho

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2022, 07:03:47 PM »
At least Topps finally got a Rolling Stone spoof Wacky Package style to be in a set - GPK, not the Wacky Packages - although the never made it to the 1970's Wacky series entry "Rotting Zone" has yet to show up in some Wacky Old School set (like a "What Might Have Been" subset with other unreleased Wacky Packages of the 1970's in tan back, white back, and Ludlow).
Great minds think alike! I've been trying to get the people in charge of OLDS to go back to the 1970s and finally release Rotting Zone as a sticker (just like they did with Tomb) for a long time, thus completing the 1970s Wacky Magazines once and for all!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 09:23:37 AM by mikecho »

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2022, 07:36:25 PM »

I am often on the fence when it comes to some of the GPK/Wacky crossover items, but the artwork on the titles shown above is great.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline drono

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2022, 03:36:02 AM »
I am often on the fence when it comes to some of the GPK/Wacky crossover items, but the artwork on the titles shown above is great.

Me too.  In a moment of buying weakness, I bit the bullet yesterday and bought all 5 on eBay for around $51 after taxes and shipping. 

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2022, 07:48:56 PM »
I did some GPK sketches with a Wacky Packages mashup. I figure I'd post them here if anyone is interested.

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2022, 07:57:49 AM »
Is this the first 2022 GPK/Wacky mashup? I've been keeping up with these and hadn't heard about this one until now.

Offline drono

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2022, 08:23:04 AM »
Me too.  In a moment of buying weakness, I bit the bullet yesterday and bought all 5 on eBay for around $51 after taxes and shipping.

cmgmd pointed out to me that there are eight.  So now I'm bummed because I need three more.  I guess I'll have to wait for my next moment of weakness to buy the others.

In a lessened state of weakness, I looked on eBay, and the other three are $12 and up.  I know it's only about $2-3 more a sticker than I spent before, but I just can't do it for GPK.  I haven't been enamored by snot or spew jokes for about 50 years now.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 09:50:36 AM by drono »

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2022, 09:56:19 AM »
Is this the first 2022 GPK/Wacky mashup? I've been keeping up with these and hadn't heard about this one until now.
Yes, first retail GPK release of the year. 
There's now also the Chrome 4 that was released last week (no Wacky crossovers in that one)

And there may be a another retail set near the end of the year - the (long delayed) 2021 Vacation set. This one will have the Pack Your Bag Wacky Packages

anything