Author Topic: Wacky Mini Series 4  (Read 10714 times)

Offline quas

Re: Wacky Mini Series 4
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2023, 11:33:35 AM »
I hope they lose the fugetaboutit chase mini.  Not cool to have a complete set not be possible unless you are willing to drop 1k. Having that in the mix is contrary to what wacky collecting was about early on. "Collect them all!" was realistic with OS wackys.

Or around $2k in the case of the gold Windhex that sold not too long ago in a reverse auction in the Wacky Packages Mall.
Marc

Offline Swiski

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2023, 04:46:03 AM »
I'm probably not going hog-wild on Series 4 like I did for Series 3. I'll buy some cups just to get a few titles. I'm nostalgic for owning plastic replicas of the OS Wackies, not the ANS Wackies as much. Nothing to do with the artwork quality, because their are some top notch people working on them today.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2023, 01:02:51 AM »
I'm probably not going hog-wild on Series 4 like I did for Series 3. I'll buy some cups just to get a few titles. I'm nostalgic for owning plastic replicas of the OS Wackies, not the ANS Wackies as much. Nothing to do with the artwork quality, because their are some top notch people working on them today.

Exactly.   I have all the OS titles from 1, 2, and 3.   Except of course Bar Kist.   What an irritating idea .... the "fuggedaboutit"....I suppose some exec thought it was "cute".   Nope.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2023, 01:43:29 PM »
Glad I put a pre-order in for S4 at Toy Wiz. All S4 Pre-orders are now gone from their site. 24 Ct cases and singles.  No cancelation email so I guess they pre-sold their allotment.

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2023, 03:39:00 PM »
Pretty much my approach as well.  I wait until I see them at Target or Walmart so I can choose a few cups based on the OS title that’s showing.  And if they don’t turn up, oh well.  I could take them or leave them.  Although the concept of ‘world’s smallest’ 3D versions sounded intriguing when I first learned about them, in my book the 2D version will always be king.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2023, 04:33:22 PM »
Heard back from Toy Wiz. Pre-Orders were pulled due to release being pushed from to August. Any Pre-orders already placed will be honored.
They will resume preorders in a few months.

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2023, 08:17:44 PM »
Good old SI….

Offline drono

« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2023, 12:42:44 PM »
Good old SI….

That shouldn't come as a surprise.  The minis are made in China where they're too busy building balloons to make toys. 

Maybe if they were putting little tiny listening devices inside the minis, they'd be more interested in manufacturing them.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2023, 04:35:21 AM »
Heard back from Toy Wiz. Pre-Orders were pulled due to release being pushed from to August. Any Pre-orders already placed will be honored.
They will resume preorders in a few months.

I'm in no hurry. It will be fun opening these up again, hoping for at least one chase.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2023, 08:51:33 PM »
looks like a new flash video has been added to the SI main page. Has a quick shot of the S4 set.
Does look like it's predominantly ANS2, with some ANS3 titles too

« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 04:57:24 AM by Fanatical_and_Sickly »

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2023, 08:55:28 PM »
looks like a new flash video has been added to the SI main page. Has a quick shot of the S4 set.
Does look like it's entirely ANS2

ANS2 had some decent titles (I still like Count Funkula as much as any ANS title), but how disappointing if that's all series 4 consists of.  Guess it'll at least save me some money as I wouldn't expect to go after it much beyond a base set.  Though I suppose it'll be interesting to see what the rare titles are.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2023, 10:25:09 PM »
Does look like it's entirely ANS2

Thanks for the pics.   I see two of my favorite ANS titles:   Ordinary K and I Can't Believe It's Not Better.   Ordinary K is from ANS3.

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2023, 04:59:28 AM »
Thanks for the pics.   I see two of my favorite ANS titles:   Ordinary K and I Can't Believe It's Not Better.   Ordinary K is from ANS3.
Good spot. Yep, does look like a few ANS3 are in there. Like Cursed too.
I’ve corrected my post.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2023, 05:46:58 AM »
I am curious to see what their sales will be with no Original Series titles…

Offline drono

« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2023, 08:43:29 AM »
I am curious to see what their sales will be with no Original Series titles…

Me too.  I'm contemplating not buying any.  I've bought at least one case and some different packages to keep unopened along with the base off eBay or forum members for the other three series.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2023, 09:18:24 AM »
If younger people are buying most of the minis, then doing newer products makes sense. If, as i suspect, us old people are buying most of the minis, then sales will be lower….

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2023, 01:08:30 AM »
No Original Series Titles proves how out of touch with collectors SI is.  Pity.....

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2023, 11:35:47 AM »
I agree with Dr.D - Do not forget your base

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2023, 06:54:14 PM »
Anyone hear anything on this lately?

🎵 Where have all the minis gone? Long time passin’ 🎵

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2023, 12:04:25 PM »
SI posted on IG and FB that Series 4 Wacky Minis are at Walmart. I take this to mean they will show up there by Christmas.  Commence Walmart stalking!

Andrew

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2023, 01:24:41 PM »
I would kill for a Bloodweiser or Fruit of the Tomb mini….

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2023, 03:04:53 AM »
I emailed ToyWiz where I have a one case preorder for this release and inquired if they are getting these or if they are now a WalMart Exclusive. I will post any reply I receive.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2023, 05:14:45 AM »
I usually use eBay as my guide to when people are finding brand new collectible items. No Series 4 at all on eBay as of yet.

Not even sure how many of these I'm buying this time. Maybe a few just to represent the series.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2023, 03:23:42 AM »
ToyWiz says they expect this to arrive in Sept.  I doubt that since they are not taking pre-orders at present. I think it will be a WalMart Exclusive.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2023, 09:26:36 AM »
ToyWiz says they expect this to arrive in Sept.  I doubt that since they are not taking pre-orders at present. I think it will be a WalMart Exclusive.

What makes you think a Walmart exclusive?  Have any other Super Impulse items been exclusive to Walmart before?

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2023, 10:23:42 AM »
What makes you think a Walmart exclusive?  Have any other Super Impulse items been exclusive to Walmart before?
So far, Wackys haven’t been exclusive, and the distribution has expanded for each of the three releases. No reason to think this will be any different. The image in the pre-order was the Target box, for whatever that’s worth.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2023, 11:31:24 AM »
So far, Wackys haven’t been exclusive, and the distribution has expanded for each of the three releases. No reason to think this will be any different. The image in the pre-order was the Target box, for whatever that’s worth.

SI has not had anything new in Target in 10 months; so I think they are focusing on WalMart. My sense is the 24 count cases presold on ToyWiz will not materialize.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2023, 03:40:17 AM »
I have scoped out a number of wallys this last week. Zero S4. SI has removed their S4 post from FB.  Maybe not too soon on this one. My SI contact has no info on this release.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2023, 06:25:49 AM »
Latest from SI:

I am sorry it was never sold to Amazon, Toywiz copied a picture from our catalog that he posted but was told to take it down as we have no idea when it will release. Sorry currently still no date for WP4.

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2023, 09:05:34 AM »
What a clown show 🤡

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2023, 11:01:23 AM »
Latest from SI:

I am sorry it was never sold to Amazon, Toywiz copied a picture from our catalog that he posted but was told to take it down as we have no idea when it will release. Sorry currently still no date for WP4.

Not quite sure I follow what Amazon and Toywiz have to do with one another, but I'm guessing their response made sense based on what you wrote to them.

Sorry to hear there is no release date, but knowing it hasn't been canceled is good news (to me).

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2023, 03:49:09 AM »
I wrote to SI asking about the fact that they posted on FB that S4 was at Walmart and then removed the post. I said there seems to be some confusion at SI around this release. The reply seems to confirm that. I think SI has distribution issues with Target at present. They have Zero product in Target. I now expect S4 to arrive mid 2024.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2023, 12:23:16 AM »
  They have Zero product in Target. 

Did someone say "Zero product"!!??    :]

Offline BattleCaps

« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2023, 03:03:31 PM »
Did someone say "Zero product"!!??    :]

I picked up one of those along with a can of dehydrated water the last time I was at the store.

Offline mikecho

« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2024, 02:43:40 PM »
I'm afraid I've got bad news for all you guys and gals on this subject.

I finally got on Greg's web site, thanks to a link to a page on it on one of his emails that he sent to me, and I saw this: the Wacky Packages Minis 4th Series was canceled.