Author Topic: Wacky Mini Series 4  (Read 10699 times)

Offline DrDeal

Wacky Mini Series 4
« on: August 17, 2022, 02:29:28 AM »
I have put in an inquiry at Super Impulse regarding if / when Series 4 will be produced. Does anyone else have a contact they can ask.

Andrew

Re: Wacky Mini Series 4
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 05:44:41 AM »
I have put in an inquiry at Super Impulse regarding if / when Series 4 will be produced. Does anyone else have a contact they can ask.

Andrew

No contacts, but I wrote them and the response was, “yes we are releasing a series 4 but no date planned yet.”

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 06:11:43 AM »
I contacted Rylee's Attic and no word yet.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 05:18:54 PM »
No contacts, but I wrote them and the response was, “yes we are releasing a series 4 but no date planned yet.”

Great intel!  Thanks

Offline Swiski

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2022, 04:37:23 AM »
I still think they should arrange to produce parodies of tobacco and alcohol parodies, and only sell them online. But that will never happen :'(

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2022, 06:08:39 AM »

I'm glad to hear this and hope it comes to fruition.  I keep meaning to send them some feedback on the first three series as well as express hopes for a fourth, but I haven't made it happen yet.  I think series 3, with all old school minis and no minis that were difficult or impossible to find, was the best one yet and I hope they follow that model in future releases.

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2022, 06:54:01 AM »
Wait, didn’t Series 3 have some kinda rare cans (Mountain Goo, Pupsi and Hurtz Baked Bears) and the ridiculous “Fugggeddaboutit rare” Bar Kist?

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2022, 06:56:43 AM »
Wait, didn’t Series 3 have some kinda rare cans (Mountain Goo, Pupsi and Hurtz Baked Bears) and the ridiculous “Fugggeddaboutit rare” Bar Kist?

Yes, it did.  There were six different cans (in both red and blue versions) that were considered "rare" and three that came in black versions that were considered "really rare" along with the impossible-to-find Bar Kist.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2023, 01:52:47 PM »
Just got a reply from SI on S4:

"WP 4 maybe mid year"

So that's good news.

Andrew

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2023, 06:17:49 PM »
Just got a reply from SI on S4:

"WP 4 maybe mid year"

So that's good news.

Andrew

Glad to hear the news, Andrew, even if I'd prefer "definitely" to "maybe" and "winter" to "mid year".  I have meant to write SI and give some thoughts that I believe would make S4 even better.  Do you have a contact name or email address you used or should I just find a general one on their website?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2023, 03:12:31 AM »
Glad to hear the news, Andrew, even if I'd prefer "definitely" to "maybe" and "winter" to "mid year".  I have meant to write SI and give some thoughts that I believe would make S4 even better.  Do you have a contact name or email address you used or should I just find a general one on their website?

PM Sent.

Offline digitalpress

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2023, 05:27:30 AM »
Found this yesterday at the same time I found your forum while searching for series 4:

https://toywiz.com/worlds-smallest-wacky-packages-minis-series-4-mystery-box-24-packs/

Toywiz is the first distributor I've seen even mentioning it, with a date of "May 2023".
Digital Press Videogames
www.dpvideogames.com
National Videogame Museum
www.nvmusa.org

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2023, 06:44:10 AM »
back to checking Walmarts and Targets.  :P

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2023, 08:32:14 AM »
Found this yesterday at the same time I found your forum while searching for series 4:

https://toywiz.com/worlds-smallest-wacky-packages-minis-series-4-mystery-box-24-packs/

Toywiz is the first distributor I've seen even mentioning it, with a date of "May 2023".

Interesting!  Hard to make out many of the titles, but it does look like there are some Old School titles (Count Funkula!  Awesome!) in there.  I wonder what the "41" on the box refers to.  Guessing it's how many different titles are in the series, but that is certainly quite a drop from previous series.

I did finally send an email to Super Impulse with some feedback on the first three series and my wishes for a fourth.  Never heard back, but I'll take this as proof they liked my suggestions ;)

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2023, 09:22:01 AM »
I wonder what the "41" on the box refers to.  Guessing it's how many different titles are in the series, but that is certainly quite a drop from previous series.
definitely the number of titles. only half of the series 3 number. should make collecting the stickers a lot easier, which is good!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2023, 09:23:27 AM »
definitely the number of titles. only half of the series 3 number. should make collecting the stickers a lot easier, which is good!

One of the bits of feedback I gave in my email to SI was to return the stickers to the slightly smaller size of series 1 and 2.  The crinkled ones from series 3 were annoying. 

Online Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2023, 09:46:11 AM »
One of the bits of feedback I gave in my email to SI was to return the stickers to the slightly smaller size of series 1 and 2.  The crinkled ones from series 3 were annoying.
certainly hope they go back to the older size! grrrrr

looks like there will be red backgrounds this time around, based on that box picture

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2023, 02:40:45 AM »

Great intel!  Thanks!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2023, 09:40:19 PM »
I couldn't resist.  I just placed a pre-order for a case from Toy Wiz.  Seemed like a good deal and they won't charge my Amazon credit card until the item ships (assuming I could cancel if I wanted, but don't expect that will be the case).  Also emailed Deborah Greenough, whom some (including myself) have successfully ordered from before.  She didn't have definite details, but I'm guessing she may well end up having some to sell as well.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2023, 02:30:29 AM »
I couldn't resist.  I just placed a pre-order for a case from Toy Wiz.  Seemed like a good deal and they won't charge my Amazon credit card until the item ships (assuming I could cancel if I wanted, but don't expect that will be the case).  Also emailed Deborah Greenough, whom some (including myself) have successfully ordered from before.  She didn't have definite details, but I'm guessing she may well end up having some to sell as well.

I just pre-ordered a case from Toy Wiz.   Welcome2023 gets you a 5% discount so $113.99 per case plus tax and shipping. Not bad.

Andrew
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 02:33:03 AM by DrDeal »

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2023, 12:38:25 PM »
It is grainy, but the display box shown on Toy Biz appears to show all ANS titles..... Boo.....

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2023, 08:42:52 PM »
It is grainy, but the display box shown on Toy Biz appears to show all ANS titles..... Boo.....
I do see count from Kayla and what appears to be life servers. But I do hope that they wouldn’t all be ANS titles for sure.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2023, 09:18:59 PM »

au contraire, I smiled when I saw that....saves me time, and money.    ;)
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2023, 01:53:34 AM »
I am trying to get a checklist scan for S4. I doubt they would do ALL New Series. If that is the case I may cancel my pre-order. The CC is not charged until they ship.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2023, 08:48:09 AM »
I am trying to get a checklist scan for S4. I doubt they would do ALL New Series.
Why? Series 3 is ALL Original Series titles, why couldn't they go the other way on S4?

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2023, 09:40:01 AM »
Why? Series 3 is ALL Original Series titles, why couldn't they go the other way on S4?

They certainly could; but that doesn't mean I need to buy it.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2023, 11:26:14 AM »
I thought series 1 and 2 had a mix of OS and ANS titles…

Offline Liptorn

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2023, 07:03:44 PM »
I think if series 4 has all or a high majority of ANS titles, it will have less interest to many collectors.
If the 41 on the box is the number of different titles, I wonder if the early boxes going to dealers and Target will have 41 titles and Walmart and another outlet will have 41 other totally different titles, making 82 different, which I believe was the total for the last 2 series.
That would cause a total glut of doubles trying to build sets.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2023, 02:24:31 AM »
I think if series 4 has all or a high majority of ANS titles, it will have less interest to many collectors.
If the 41 on the box is the number of different titles, I wonder if the early boxes going to dealers and Target will have 41 titles and Walmart and another outlet will have 41 other totally different titles, making 82 different, which I believe was the total for the last 2 series.
That would cause a total glut of doubles trying to build sets.

Hopefully if the majority of S4 Base Titles are new series then the chase titles will be original Series.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2023, 08:51:09 AM »
They certainly could; but that doesn't mean I need to buy it.
I was making no allusion to what you would or would not buy. Merely commenting on your thought that it was unlikely to be all ANS/new school titles.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2023, 08:52:54 AM »
I thought series 1 and 2 had a mix of OS and ANS titles…
They did, so what's your point? :-\

I agree that if there are an excessive amount of titles from ANS, that will diminish the interest in the series overall. This is certainly true for me, but I'll likely still go for them, especially if the total title count is 41. AND, there aren't 17 different variants involved.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 08:57:22 AM by bigtomi »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2023, 09:21:26 AM »

I agree that if there are an excessive amount of titles from ANS, that will diminish the interest in the series overall. This is certainly true for me, but I'll likely still go for them, especially if the total title count is 41. AND, there aren't 17 different variants involved.

Agreed, 41 titles is a reasonable number.  There are some ANS titles that I would like to see!

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2023, 11:15:41 AM »

SI seems to have so many “ brands” in the fire these days, I’m hoping they keep future Wacky releases a little simpler than previous series. Perhaps a foolish wish.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2023, 02:44:05 AM »
SI seems to have so many “ brands” in the fire these days, I’m hoping they keep future Wacky releases a little simpler than previous series. Perhaps a foolish wish.

I hope they lose the fugetaboutit chase mini.  Not cool to have a complete set not be possible unless you are willing to drop 1k. Having that in the mix is contrary to what wacky collecting was about early on. "Collect them all!" was realistic with OS wackys. 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 02:46:31 AM by DrDeal »

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2023, 07:40:11 AM »
Agree that the Fugggeddaboutit Bar Kist was ridiculous…not much more ludicrous than multiple different colored borders on one of the Flashback Series. Its hard to say how rare they should make a rate chaser. It reminds me of Veruca Salt chasing the Wonka Golden ticket…I prefer when the chasers are only mildly rare, say 1 in 150 or so…. Then we can all hope to get one or at least trade for one…Most of us are so hard up for anything Wacky at this point, we will buy their overpriced ANS minis…..
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 03:14:24 PM by JailOJohn »