Author Topic: Happy Unofficial Wacky Pack Day  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Plastered Peanut

Happy Unofficial Wacky Pack Day
« on: June 09, 2022, 02:18:35 PM »
Hey wasn't June 9th dubbed "Unofficial Wacky Pack Day" sometime back?   Has that gone by the wayside?   

Well, here's wishing a happy Wacky Pack Day to everyone, whether it is lost in the annals of time or not.

Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
Re: Happy Unofficial Wacky Pack Day
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 04:42:30 PM »
What is the significance of 6/9?

Offline All-Brain

• All things 79-80 Reissue
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 06:15:51 PM »
Thanks Plastered! And yes its a wonderful Wacky Pack Day because I have a nice batch of reissues coming in the mail !!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2022, 02:37:36 AM »
is there interest in seeing the Unofficial Wacky Packages Days cards? I could dig mine out.

Andrew

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2022, 07:19:56 AM »
I'm confused. I seem to remember a Wackys Comic that came out a decade ago that celebrated April Fool's as Wacky Packages Day. Which is it? April Fool's would make more sense, unless there is a relevance to 6/9 that I'm unaware of? And while we're at it, What about Jay Day in honor of Jay Lynch on 3/5? I've seen old cards commemorating that date, but nothing recent. He was monumental to Wackys, but his special day seems to have faded away too. Let's put these back on the calendar! - Pete

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2022, 10:19:43 AM »
You're all correct! I originally started the Officially Unofficial National Wacky Packages Day on June 9, but  when we started planning the Wacky Packages Co7mics,  I talked with Mike Jaspersen at Topps and asked him if we could make April 1st the official Wacky Packages day to coincide with the comic release date. So, June 9 is still the unofficial day, but its flown under the radar the last few years.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 01:41:40 PM by koduck »

Offline mikecho

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2022, 10:46:06 AM »
You're all correct! I originally started the Officially Unofficial National Wacky Packages Day on June 9, but  when we started planning the Wacky Packages Co7mics,  I talked with Mike Jaspersen at Topps and asked him if we could make April 1st the official Wacky Packages day to coincide with the comic release date. So, June 6 is still the unofficial day but its flown under the radar the last few years.
That's right. I only know of six issues of Wacky Packages Comics that were published; I don't think it's been done since then and I can't remember the year of publication for the sixth issue.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2022, 01:00:17 PM »
Two of the Wonkys have been redone since then - Gargle/Gargoyle and Dill/Duel.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 01:12:26 PM by RawGoo »

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2022, 05:03:37 PM »
You're all correct! I originally started the Officially Unofficial National Wacky Packages Day on June 9, but  when we started planning the Wacky Packages Co7mics,  I talked with Mike Jaspersen at Topps and asked him if we could make April 1st the official Wacky Packages day to coincide with the comic release date. So, June 9 is still the unofficial day, but its flown under the radar the last few years.

Thanks Neil for saving me from appearing to have a "senior moment".   ;D

I still like June 9.   April 1 is/was already taken.   Kinda like making National Donut Day Dec 25....I think Christmas would outshine donuts' big day.   
Send me your borderless wackys!