Author Topic: Collation issues with Old School?  (Read 1680 times)

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
Collation issues with Old School?
« on: May 21, 2022, 09:58:45 AM »
Anyone else have collation issues with Old School series? I recently opened 26 packs of Old School 2 i had been saving for a rainy day….so 78 stickers total…didnt get a complete set…zero Stink Panther, Kaboo and Bash…im assuming those 3 (and the puzzle piece im missing were in the same pack)…One thing i noticed is that packs were not randomly assembled…..there was a pattern within the packs…any pack containing one title contained if you opened a pack and saw one sticker, the other two stickers  would be the same ones always found in a pack with the first sticker. It seemed like there were abput 7 different packs, then they just repeated…
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 10:29:48 AM by JailOJohn »

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Collation issues with Old School?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 10:21:13 AM »
Anyone else have collation issues with Old School series? I recently opened 26 packs of Old School 2 i had been saving for a rainy day….so 78 stickers total…didnt get a complete set…zero Stink Panther, Kaboo and Bash…im assuming those 3 (and the puzzle piece im missing were in the same pack)…

As I recall, if you have a complete box of Old School 1-4, you should get two sets and two puzzles.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 10:33:39 AM »
Aha! I guess My problem was i purchased lots of random packs, which were not so random…3 and 4 of some titles, zero of a few, 1 of most….That’s fine…i realize once boxes get broken up, you are taking  your chances on getting a full set. Any math majors wanna tell what were my odds of getting a complete 33 card set when opening 78 stickers?

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2022, 06:58:59 AM »
Anyone else have collation issues with Old School series? I recently opened 26 packs of Old School 2 i had been saving for a rainy day….so 78 stickers total…didnt get a complete set…zero Stink Panther, Kaboo and Bash…im assuming those 3 (and the puzzle piece im missing were in the same pack)…One thing i noticed is that packs were not randomly assembled…..there was a pattern within the packs…any pack containing one title contained if you opened a pack and saw one sticker, the other two stickers  would be the same ones always found in a pack with the first sticker. It seemed like there were abput 7 different packs, then they just repeated…

My recollection, at least from Old School 1, was that there were 11 different pack configurations and you could tell which three stickers were in any given pack.  I believe I saved a "set" of the 11 different packs so I could someday open or sell them as a complete set.  Not sure if puzzle pieces conformed to a certain collation or not, though I'm guessing they didn't as a 9 piece puzzle and 11 pack "set" would not be very even.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2022, 10:40:23 AM »
Your recollection is correct. There were several repeating pack configurations, but puzzles were random. Does anyone remember whether Original Series in 70s had similar pack repeats? There were only 2 stickers per pack, bit i don’t recall being able to predict titles like you can with Old School…

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2022, 11:20:40 AM »
Aha! I guess My problem was i purchased lots of random packs, which were not so random…3 and 4 of some titles, zero of a few, 1 of most….That’s fine…i realize once boxes get broken up, you are taking  your chances on getting a full set. Any math majors wanna tell what were my odds of getting a complete 33 card set when opening 78 stickers?

This info may be too late, but Toy Wiz has lots of ANS 1 through 6 items. Single packs, some complete sets, some boxes, etc.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2022, 01:54:21 PM »
Your recollection is correct. There were several repeating pack configurations, but puzzles were random. Does anyone remember whether Original Series in 70s had similar pack repeats? There were only 2 stickers per pack, bit i don’t recall being able to predict titles like you can with Old School…
Ye Olde Knight Move theory, which I believe by now is considered pretty much a truism. This page talks about it way back in 2003ish.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2022, 04:59:42 PM »
I always pictured the wacky assembly line was like something out of the Wonka factory… either crazy robots or Oompa Loompas stuffing the packs…

anything