Author Topic: Contest Update!  (Read 1360 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline roughwriter

  • Rough Writer
  • Posts: 267
Contest Update!
« on: May 11, 2022, 06:37:10 AM »
Okay, so far I've received 5 emails showing 67 sets purchased. Is anybody else out there? If our forum members aren't buying the sets, then who is? Or is it just that there are lots of folks that buy less than 5 sets? Does anyone know the answer? If you've made a late purchase, get your entry in! Thanks, - Pete


Hi Folks! The May set of Wackys is available already on the Topps site! I encourage everyone who enjoys Wackys to buy some, and to spread the word. I'm always surprised to see people commenting online that they didn't know Wackys were still in production, or that they don't know how to find them to buy them. We can help fix that by showing folks some of the new cards and sharing links.

 For my part, I'm willing to give away one of my original roughs for a May card to a randomly selected Forum member who bought at least 5 sets of cards! You get an extra entry for each extra 5 sets purchased. I'm doing this on my own, and it isn't sponsored by Topps. PM me your proof of purchase to enter the drawing. I'll announce the winner after sales close next week! Good Luck! - Pete
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 05:46:18 AM by roughwriter »

Offline roughwriter

  • Rough Writer
  • Posts: 267
Re: May Wackys Big Boost Needed! (and Contest!)
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 11:33:40 AM »
So far, I have one reply that earns four entries in the contest. Is anyone else interested in a free piece of original rough art?

Offline vahsurfer

  • Posts: 1365
Re: May Wackys Big Boost Needed! (and Contest!)
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 08:09:51 AM »
I have purchased my set,

Richard
#StayWacky

Online quas

  • Posts: 1589
Re: May Wackys Big Boost Needed! (and Contest!)
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 08:29:16 AM »
PM sent.
Marc

Offline roughwriter

  • Rough Writer
  • Posts: 267
Contest Last Chance!
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 06:21:02 AM »
Six (6) forum members have entered the contest. Seventy three (73) sets have been purchased. We have a few days left for final entries to be made. I'm wondering why there is such a low turn out? Are most of the sets bought in groups of less than 5? Is there a big purchaser outside of the forum? If we sell about 500 sets every month, where are the other 400 plus sets??? Does anyone know?

Offline Hustler08

  • Posts: 1746
  • I Hustle for Wacky Packs!!!
Re: May Wackys Big Boost Needed! (and Contest!)
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2022, 09:01:08 AM »
So far, I have one reply that earns four entries in the contest. Is anyone else interested in a free piece of original rough art?

PM SENT

Offline jleonard1967

  • Posts: 1101
Re: Contest Update!
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2022, 01:54:28 PM »
pm sent

Offline roughwriter

  • Rough Writer
  • Posts: 267
Re: Contest Last Chance!
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2022, 08:47:58 AM »
Hey! Where is everyone? The sale closes tomorrow, and I've only got a handful of participants. We haven't even totaled 100 sets for the contest so far! I won't be giving away art in the future if interest is so low. Please buy some sets pronto!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 10:39:55 AM by roughwriter »

Offline roughwriter

  • Rough Writer
  • Posts: 267
Re: Contest Last Chance!
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2022, 07:25:28 AM »
Sales for the May Wackys end today. So far, I've seen purchases amounting to about 20% of the total sales last month. Where are the other 80%??? I will close the contest at 5PM, so please make any final purchases now. Thanks.

Offline roughwriter

  • Rough Writer
  • Posts: 267
Re: Contest Update!
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2022, 12:22:42 PM »
Well, after a very complicated selection process that involved taping numbers to Luna Moths, releasing them all in unison, and then seeing what number came up when I chased them all with a butterfly net, we finally have a winner! (Boy, those moths can fly fast!) Pat, AKA "Raw Goo" is now the proud owner of an original, one of a kind rough used for the May 2022 Wackys set! Unfortunately, my contest didn't have the desired result, and sales actually went DOWN from the prior month. I was surprised to see that the Forum only drives about 20% of the sales of Wackys. I'd be interested to know who buys the other 80%? If anyone has any ideas for encouraging sales, please let me know! Thanks for your interest, - Pete

Online quas

  • Posts: 1589
Re: Contest Update!
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2022, 12:28:51 PM »
Congratulations Pat!!  Well deserved for all you do for the Forum and Forum members!
Marc

Offline sco(o)t

  • Posts: 4342
  • Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
Re: Contest Update!
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2022, 12:43:40 PM »
...    I was surprised to see that the Forum only drives about 20% of the sales of Wackys. I'd be interested to know who buys the other 80%?   ...    - Pete

"Look to eBay sellers, and answers you may find" - Yoda
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline RawGoo

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Posts: 6482
Re: Contest Update!
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2022, 01:07:19 PM »
Congratulations Pat!!  Well deserved for all you do for the Forum and Forum members!

Thanks!  What a time I had getting Pete a Proof of Purchase!

Offline lucidjc

  • Posts: 1284
Re: Contest Update!
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2022, 01:50:34 PM »
Pete, I can only speak for myself. I think that 5 sets was just a little to much to ask for, at $60 a set with 0 chance at a sketch makes it very hard to justify buying 5 sets. For me 3 would have been the magic number. I buy 2 sets every month 3 around Halloween and 4th of July. I would have bumped it to 3 for a chance at the Art. But 3 more sets for $180 is a stretch. Question is: increasing the multiples the key or are new sales the key.

Again, just me.   Want my ATTN: More and better giveaways/chances at.  Just like you are trying to do, but from the Topps standpoint. Unfortunately we know what a disaster Topps is at redemption. OH, and scrap the back shit, LUDLOWS have killed the friggin camel already. Coupons can stay, they add to, not detract. And i'm sorry guys lets not forget the art, which can always be improved upon. I don't know who I'm looking at, but YOU know who you are.

                                     (low rumple)(metallic squink) followed by (mysterious galonk) Some one crying out, Dear God!

Jim

Online quas

  • Posts: 1589
Re: Contest Update!
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2022, 01:52:36 PM »
"Unfortunately we know what a disaster Topps is at redemption."

This certainly brings back memories.
Marc

Offline vahsurfer

  • Posts: 1365
Re: Contest Update!
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2022, 05:20:46 PM »
You are correct Marc.  My friend Bruce had a redemption for a Chrome Uncut Refractor Sheet, Topps told hi they do not have any?!?!?!?!?

That is BS! You KNEW!!!! you created X number of these redemption cards and should legally have to have them sequestered for when they are redeemed,

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline jleonard1967

  • Posts: 1101
Re: Contest Update!
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2022, 09:22:12 PM »
You are correct Marc.  My friend Bruce had a redemption for a Chrome Uncut Refractor Sheet, Topps told hi they do not have any?!?!?!?!?

That is BS! You KNEW!!!! you created X number of these redemption cards and should legally have to have them sequestered for when they are redeemed,

Richard
#StayWacky
This happened to me.  I had 2 of those redemptions and I finally took regular Uncut sheets as they (topps) said the would send nothing else.  No recourse of anything I could do.  Was very frustrated with Topps and the way they handled it. 

Offline roughwriter

  • Rough Writer
  • Posts: 267
Re: Contest Update!
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2022, 04:59:00 AM »
Pete, I can only speak for myself. I think that 5 sets was just a little to much to ask for, at $60 a set with 0 chance at a sketch makes it very hard to justify buying 5 sets. For me 3 would have been the magic number. I buy 2 sets every month 3 around Halloween and 4th of July. I would have bumped it to 3 for a chance at the Art. But 3 more sets for $180 is a stretch. Question is: increasing the multiples the key or are new sales the key.

Again, just me.   Want my ATTN: More and better giveaways/chances at.  Just like you are trying to do, but from the Topps standpoint. Unfortunately we know what a disaster Topps is at redemption. OH, and scrap the back shit, LUDLOWS have killed the friggin camel already. Coupons can stay, they add to, not detract. And i'm sorry guys lets not forget the art, which can always be improved upon. I don't know who I'm looking at, but YOU know who you are.

                                   ***  Alright, I'm willing to learn from my mistakes. I see your point. I guess we can try it again. Next month I'll offer another original rough as a prize, and the entry requirement will be proof of ANY AMOUNT of June Wackys purchased. That would level the playing field, right? I'm not sure if that would encourage more sales or not, but I'm okay with giving away one drawing to find out. - Pete ***

Offline drono

  • Posts: 1159
Re: Contest Update!
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2022, 09:26:48 AM »
***  Alright, I'm willing to learn from my mistakes. I see your point. I guess we can try it again. Next month I'll offer another original rough as a prize, and the entry requirement will be proof of ANY AMOUNT of June Wackys purchased. That would level the playing field, right? I'm not sure if that would encourage more sales or not, but I'm okay with giving away one drawing to find out. - Pete ***

A level playing field is nice, but you're correct that it won't encourage more sales.  So why not give an entry for each set purchased?  Buy one set - get one entry; buy two sets - get two entries, etc.  If that gives too much of an advantage to someone who buys 50 sets, then use the law of diminishing returns to limit additional entries.  Since you're giving away the prize, just set the ground rules, and everyone should be happy with them.

BTW I have no horse in this race; I buy my monthly sets from another forum member because I'm tired of spending so much money hoping to get a complete set, only to have buy or trade because of poor collation.  Without boxes and packs, the thrill of that is gone, so I've accepted my role as no longer being a completist.  I just buy the base set and stay happy with that.  I'll spend the rest of the money on my grandkids.

Offline lucidjc

  • Posts: 1284
Re: Contest Update!
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2022, 10:59:00 AM »


Maybe each set is an entry? The more you buy the better chance you have. That's a level playfield.


Jim

Offline roughwriter

  • Rough Writer
  • Posts: 267
Re: Contest Update!
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2022, 12:25:41 PM »
Fair enough! I'll do that. Every single June Wackys set purchased will qualify as a single entry, as long as you show me proof of purchase. If you buy a lot, you have lots of chances, but even a single set still gets you a chance! Now we just need to figure out which roughs I can pick from in June!

Offline vahsurfer

  • Posts: 1365
Re: Contest Update!
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2022, 10:46:47 AM »
Sounds fair - the more shot s on goal, the more chances to get it into the net! It only takes one shot to win!

Richard
#StayWacky

#BostonBruins

 

anything