Author Topic: I notice that certain sellers hide bidders Identity  (Read 2226 times)

Offline CherryBombs

I notice that certain sellers hide bidders Identity
« on: September 29, 2010, 01:37:15 AM »
I have seen on several occasions that one seller in particular does this... I also noticed that the Item which was for sale came back up for auction and there was only 1 bid. Is there a reason in which a seller will do this ???
eBay ID: vintage-trading-cards

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
Re: I notice that certain sellers hide bidders Identity
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 06:13:25 PM »
I have seen on several occasions that one seller in particular does this... I also noticed that the Item which was for sale came back up for auction and there was only 1 bid. Is there a reason in which a seller will do this ???
Are you asking questions that you already know the answer?  Seems pretty clear to me that a seller would do this to make it even easier to shill his auctions not that ebay doesn't already make it easy.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline JasonLiebig

• CollectingCandy.com
Re: I notice that certain sellers hide bidders Identity
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 10:11:38 AM »

Shilling is certainly a possible motivation.  I do know that my ability to strategically bid is undercut when I can't see what other bidders are involved.  Does that benefit the seller?  Maybe.  I can see me bidding higher, just to be safe, if I don't know the other players.  But I don't know. 

Is there a clear reason why you'd want your listing to be private, other than shilling the bids up?  Does have the bidders ID's private benefit the seller in some clear, consistent way?
Jason Liebig - A swell TV host (currently on History Channel) who used to oversee Marvel Comics' X-Men - now creator and curator of WishbookWeb.com and CollectingCandy.com, a celebration of candy packaging, marketing and the people behind it all