Author Topic: Spring Philly Show. May 21st/22nd.  (Read 9346 times)

Offline Pupsi-Cola

Re: Spring Philly Show. May 21st/22nd.
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2022, 02:27:42 PM »
The show was pretty great.  Lots of vendors, a fair amount of Wacky vendors which was great.  I made some ne deals with shoe, got a few good deals, and went through Matt's huge stash of Wacky's to dig out quite a few stickers and packs that filled a lot of holes.  Overall a great day, especially inside.  It was nice and cool.  Outside was brutal!

In no way would I say this show had a huge gathering of the collectors that Myself and those that do decide to show up expected, but I thought their would be someone that would have posted some show pics on here.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2022, 09:48:23 AM »
In no way would I say this show had a huge gathering of the collectors that Myself and those that do decide to show up expected, but I thought their would be someone that would have posted some show pics on here.
I couldn't make this one, but someone posted a video like was done last Oct:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0Bk-RFq6Wo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0Bk-RFq6Wo</a>

Offline Paul_Maul

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2022, 07:49:12 PM »
Did i see in that video a dealer charging $10 per pack for ANS??? Yikes!

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2022, 10:38:38 AM »
We had a great time, catching up with friends!  NOT as many WP dealers / tables as I would like to see though,

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline faustxxx

« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2022, 11:26:09 AM »
     Hey Richard, any dealers with some Monster stuff from 50's-70's?

Matt.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2022, 05:10:27 PM »
I did see some Boris Karloff and Bela Legosi .... Not my genre but yes it was there,

Richard
#Staywacky

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2022, 01:02:19 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0Bk-RFq6Wo

Wow, with that somber music, it was kind of sad to watch this.  Not at all the vibrant, crowded shows I remember.  And it reminded me of my last time at Wondercon out here where all the vintage comic & card booths were like ghost towns.  When Wackys were really huge in the late 90s/early 00s, I remember going to huge card shows where the 60s/70s/80s stuff was on fire with long lines of collectors pawing at stuff... and then there was always a couple old-timers with long beards (or bellies) sitting in a folding chair behind a card-table full of "Horrors of War" cards, or those ones with flags or airplanes, or even cigarette cards... and we'd all think, "oh man, who's going to buy that stuff anymore?".  Then at the same time, looking at the flashy "Pokemon" booths, and foils, and gaudy new sets, thinking "crazy kids... they don't appreciate the classy art and gags of Wackys and Uglies and OddRods!"  And here we are now, where "Pokemon" is considered 'cool vintage', and the torch has been handed.

Offline quas

« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2022, 02:09:50 PM »
I just don't get the appeal of Pokemon but some people are paying thousands of dollars for that stuff.
Marc

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2022, 05:48:34 AM »
Wow, with that somber music, it was kind of sad to watch this.  Not at all the vibrant, crowded shows I remember.  And it reminded me of my last time at Wondercon out here where all the vintage comic & card booths were like ghost towns.  When Wackys were really huge in the late 90s/early 00s, I remember going to huge card shows where the 60s/70s/80s stuff was on fire with long lines of collectors pawing at stuff... and then there was always a couple old-timers with long beards (or bellies) sitting in a folding chair behind a card-table full of "Horrors of War" cards, or those ones with flags or airplanes, or even cigarette cards... and we'd all think, "oh man, who's going to buy that stuff anymore?".  Then at the same time, looking at the flashy "Pokemon" booths, and foils, and gaudy new sets, thinking "crazy kids... they don't appreciate the classy art and gags of Wackys and Uglies and OddRods!"  And here we are now, where "Pokemon" is considered 'cool vintage', and the torch has been handed.
Agree, the video is dreadful and would be a terrible promotional item fir the show.  Is the place clean?  The floors just look dirty to me.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline quas

« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2022, 06:36:54 AM »
Agree, the video is dreadful and would be a terrible promotional item fir the show.  Is the place clean?  The floors just look dirty to me.

it's clean and more spacious than the Allentown location, but the food choices are a lot more limited than at Allentown.
Marc

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #81 on: July 29, 2022, 09:02:27 PM »
depending on how far you want to drive.