Author Topic: Wacky Packages Mall!  (Read 6995 times)

Offline wormypackages

Wacky Packages Mall!
« on: March 07, 2022, 07:14:35 AM »
A Wacky Packages "Mall" is up and running:

http://wackymall.com

« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 08:14:41 AM by wormypackages »

Offline Mr._Stubble

Re: Wacky Packages Mall!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 08:33:14 AM »

Yes, I have a store there. 

For those who haven't, stop and take a look.

:great:

Offline BattleCaps

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 03:26:57 PM »
Thanks for posting!

Some nice things there  :D

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2022, 08:24:03 PM »
wow the navigation is brutal, so many click locations that seem to go to nowhere.  Neat concept but needs someone really adept at testing like me....for shits and giggles, I should start a store to see how long until he takes it down  >:D
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 11:58:39 PM »
Too bad you need a Paypal business account to have a store.

Offline wormypackages

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2022, 06:15:34 AM »
Too bad you need a Paypal business account to have a store.

From my understanding, paypal requires business accounts to run a business and paypal personal accounts do not support shopping carts.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2022, 07:31:29 AM »
wow the navigation is brutal, so many click locations that seem to go to nowhere.  Neat concept but needs someone really adept at testing like me....for shits and giggles, I should start a store to see how long until he takes it down  >:D

I noticed that too. There should be a way to just see everything for sale in a store at once and then sort it if desired by area rather than having to click through.

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2022, 01:05:30 PM »

Great!  I'll take a look when I have some more time.

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2022, 02:52:51 PM »
I noticed that too. There should be a way to just see everything for sale in a store at once and then sort it if desired by area rather than having to click through.

Actually, I just realized that if you search a given seller’s store using just a period, it will list all items without clicking through any subcategories. So for stores with relatively few items, that is an option that can be used. For larger stores the subcategories are helpful.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2022, 07:48:32 PM »
Actually, I just realized that if you search a given seller’s store using just a period, it will list all items without clicking through any subcategories. So for stores with relatively few items, that is an option that can be used. For larger stores the subcategories are helpful.
It is god awful.  I have specific feedback but given my last direct communication with greg was telling him he erroneously had an OPC ajerx in his ebay listed series 2 set and the reward for that was months later he flagged me as the worst of the worst in the hobby on his website so lord knows if I gave him feedback to cleanup his mess of a mall, what a horrible monster that would make me.
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2022, 01:55:58 PM »
I personally don’t think the shop is too bad. I however think the normal site is. He has certain tabs on his site several times, certain contact info multiple times, etc. It’s very confusing to navigate, and I struggle to find information that I have found in prior years. Truly a great base for a website and wealth of information, but poorly executed in my opinion.

Seriously, I have to scroll past ~7 items to find the Wacky Pack news on his main page.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2022, 03:18:42 PM »
What a great home page!!!

Shouldn't make fun of it too much because I am not a web designer either, but if you're gonna have a website...

Offline bandaches

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2022, 04:07:55 AM »
What a great home page!!!

Shouldn't make fun of it too much because I am not a web designer either, but if you're gonna have a website...
Long anticipated by whom?  I don't visit nor use the website that much so not familiar with the rest of the website navigation but you are right, it looks very busy, lots of what appears to be stream of consciousness sections, a main splash to attack some guy most of us have probably never heard of, looks very self indulgent to me.   I want to see someone list all the stuff greg has on the mall for lower prices and see how long that lasts.....

Online mikecho

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2022, 11:27:16 AM »
Long anticipated by whom?  I don't visit nor use the website that much so not familiar with the rest of the website navigation but you are right, it looks very busy, lots of what appears to be stream of consciousness sections, a main splash to attack some guy most of us have probably never heard of, looks very self indulgent to me.   I want to see someone list all the stuff greg has on the mall for lower prices and see how long that lasts.....
I've been on Greg's website many times in the past. The Mall was always there before, but for some reason it had nothing in it for many years - until now.

And he has improved the web site considerably after all those years; in fact, I'm helping him with the proofreading on it. One of the major things done with it is reducing the number of lists - and web sites - from two to one, something that should've been done long ago if you ask me.

I say we should all give it a chance. Who knows? Maybe this whole project will succeed in spite of everything.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 12:30:09 PM by mikecho »

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2022, 01:40:41 PM »
The main appeal of Greg’s site is and has always been that it is loaded with great information. I’ve never had any problem finding what I want. I’m not sure why everyone is suddenly a web design critic.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 01:42:34 PM by Paul_Maul »

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2022, 01:47:49 PM »
The main appeal of Greg’s site is and has always been that it is loaded with great information. I’ve never had any problem finding what I want. I’m not sure why everyone is suddenly a web design critic.

Agreed.  I find his site very helpful for a lot of things, including Wonder Breads.  It is nice to see he has added some of the newer issues after stopping so abruptly a while back.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2022, 12:05:07 PM by RawGoo »

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2022, 02:15:32 PM »

It’s because he presents himself (or how it looks to me) as some ring leader of the hobby. He has two separate URL’s for the same purpose for God’s sake. Clearly looks like he wants the premiere website. It should be presented as such.

“By and for the people” but make sure my name is all over the website. In fact, I wonder how much information on the site he came up with. Probably not even half. And, I find his name at least ten times before I can find the credits! But don’t worry, he’s prominently the first name there too.

Definitely an aside, and I apologize. Feel free to correct me on my assumptions because you all know I am not a veteran collector.

Stream of Consciousness is a great description, by the way.

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2022, 05:19:54 PM »
Mark, not sure where all the venom is coming from here. Do you not admit to using Greg’s site fairly often when you entered the hobby? Did it not educate you well at that time? I don’t think he’s trying to be any “ring leader” of the hobby, we know there are many folks that have great knowledge of Wackys, it’s the breadth of people involved which helps enrich all of us. I would bet he considers himself one of those people, who also happens to have the ability to get it recorded on the internet. Greg may not have come up with all the information on his site, but in a vast majority of the cases, he hunted it down and/or asked the needed questions to derive said information…and took the time and effort so that we can all see it.

Your post surprised me as it came across as being from someone who’s less intelligent than I know you are. Or maybe just not thinking as clearly as you’re capable.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 05:37:22 PM by bigtomi »

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2022, 09:25:24 AM »
I've been on this site for several years and on Greg's since 2004, so I understand the history behind some of the ill feelings. Some here may not like Greg personally for their own reasons, but I can't think of a better source for detailed information about Wacky Packages.

The amount of time it must take to create, scan, and list all the details found on his site about each and every series is amazing. He certainly can't be criticized for that. I for one greatly appreciate his time and efforts in providing our hobby with a wealth of details and information. I also appreciate the fact that he is always updating and improving his site. I have no doubt the navigation of the Wacky Mall will improve over time.

Offline Kook

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2022, 11:53:33 AM »
I've been on this site for several years and on Greg's since 2004, so I understand the history behind some of the ill feelings. Some here may not like Greg personally for their own reasons, but I can't think of a better source for detailed information about Wacky Packages.

The amount of time it must take to create, scan, and list all the details found on his site about each and every series is amazing. He certainly can't be criticized for that. I for one greatly appreciate his time and efforts in providing our hobby with a wealth of details and information. I also appreciate the fact that he is always updating and improving his site. I have no doubt the navigation of the Wacky Mall will improve over time.

Well said. I agree

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2022, 03:25:02 PM »
Maybe my post could be construed as a bit malicious. Oops. Yes, I used Greg's site a lot. Refer to a previous post where I claimed it is a wealth of information. The point is, no matter who it is, proper credits should be given to the people of whom gave him the information that he put on his site. He has a "credits" page that his name is first on (accompanied by a whole paragraph) (in bold text) that makes the folks who gave him that info look like an after-thought. And, why is he using his website as a platform to attack people???

Ironically, my post was also pretty much a stream of consciousness. I didn't read it over again, and shame on me.

But, no, I do not have anything against Greg personally. His website is good overall, but does need changes. That is an immutable fact.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2022, 05:18:06 PM »
I've been on Greg's website many times in the past. The Mall was always there before, but for some reason it had nothing in it for many years - until now.

And he has improved the web site considerably after all those years; in fact, I'm helping him with the proofreading on it. One of the major things done with it is reducing the number of lists - and web sites - from two to one, something that should've been done long ago if you ask me.

I say we should all give it a chance. Who knows? Maybe this whole project will succeed in spite of everything.
He had "question" spelled as "quetion" for perhaps years right at the top of the site, it really can't get better because greg can't get out of his own way.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2022, 05:21:03 PM »
I am part of "everyone" so I am compelled to respond.  There is no sudden-ness here, I have said for years his site is super busy and self indulgent.  I mean seriously, who puts a personal attack splash in the middle of their website while claiming to be all about the hobby.  I wouldn't exactly say you are a neutral observer when it comes to greg, I am hard pressed to find your ever being critical of him.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2022, 05:24:57 PM »
It’s because he presents himself (or how it looks to me) as some ring leader of the hobby. He has two separate URL’s for the same purpose for God’s sake. Clearly looks like he wants the premiere website. It should be presented as such.

“By and for the people” but make sure my name is all over the website. In fact, I wonder how much information on the site he came up with. Probably not even half. And, I find his name at least ten times before I can find the credits! But don’t worry, he’s prominently the first name there too.

Definitely an aside, and I apologize. Feel free to correct me on my assumptions because you all know I am not a veteran collector.

Stream of Consciousness is a great description, by the way.
Your synopsis is dead on, there is no requirement to be a veteran of the hobby to call out the obvious.  Be sure to notice his mall note that highlights his items and that buying his items supports the website...but no pressure, feel free to buy from others.  I am going to bite the bullet and setup a mall page so I can report to you all how quickly he takes it down or blocks me.  My prices will undercut his.  Enjoy the show.....

Offline bandaches

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2022, 05:29:18 PM »
Mark, not sure where all the venom is coming from here. Do you not admit to using Greg’s site fairly often when you entered the hobby? Did it not educate you well at that time? I don’t think he’s trying to be any “ring leader” of the hobby, we know there are many folks that have great knowledge of Wackys, it’s the breadth of people involved which helps enrich all of us. I would bet he considers himself one of those people, who also happens to have the ability to get it recorded on the internet. Greg may not have come up with all the information on his site, but in a vast majority of the cases, he hunted it down and/or asked the needed questions to derive said information…and took the time and effort so that we can all see it.

Your post surprised me as it came across as being from someone who’s less intelligent than I know you are. Or maybe just not thinking as clearly as you’re capable.
Less intelligent or seeing what is obvious?  How often have you commented on greg's venom?  you can't possibly feel Mark has spewed more venom that greg, not even close.  greg absolutely wants to be the center of attention.  I believe he tried to buy out and eliminate Rusty's site, why would someone who truly has the hobby interest first attempt to do that?  Stop kidding yourself.  If I prove to you that greg attempted this, would that change your tune?

Offline bandaches

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2022, 05:33:55 PM »

He absolutely spends a lot of time on it, he is 2nd to none there but it is under the guise of "best for the hobby".  Instead it is an obsession for attention, he has always sought attention in various ways, as martyr with his published stories of the many times he was wronged to giving away items but then expecting a lifetime of obedience from the peasants he lowered himself to hang with.  He is manic which is why he goes through periods of spending 1000 straight hours on this then disappears for a month.

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2022, 12:53:00 AM »
And, why is he using his website as a platform to attack people???

Bingo.   
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2022, 12:54:46 AM »
   I am going to bite the bullet and setup a mall page so I can report to you all how quickly he takes it down or blocks me.  My prices will undercut his.  Enjoy the show.....

It is "by and for the people."  Go for it.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Online quas

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2022, 05:47:33 AM »
The site, despite its imperfections, gives both buyers and sellers certain advantages over ebay.  I won't list them here but I think both buyers and sellers can figure it out.
Marc

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2022, 08:49:54 AM »
The site, despite its imperfections, gives both buyers and sellers certain advantages over ebay.  I won't list them here but I think both buyers and sellers can figure it out.

I don't have a business account, so I can't open a store.  Not sure I if I could anyway.  But, I can certainly see where it is good for buyers.  And it should help everybody with establishing selling prices.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2022, 09:01:48 AM »
I don't have a business account, so I can't open a store.  Not sure I if I could anyway.  But, I can certainly see where it is good for buyers.  And it should help everybody with establishing selling prices.
It is way more advantageous for sellers to avoid eBay fees possibly reporting taxes and so on.  Way more likely to find a bargain on eBay than the mall as a buyer  even with buyers paying sales tax.  As a transaction portal for all these transactions will greg be reporting such to the IRS so they can insure sales tax is captured properly from everybody?   I'm gonna ask one of my buddies at the IRS to find out Is what transaction portals are expected to do.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2022, 09:12:38 AM »
It is "by and for the people."  Go for it.
Well I tried to log in with what I thought was my user ID and password which failed but I believe he blocked/disabled my IP address and log in long ago I tried guest guest which his site suggests should allow a guest log in and that didn't work it. looks to me without logging in you can't create a mall site.  If anyone wants to share their log in with me so I can attempt to start a mall site let me know.

Offline NationalSpittoon

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2022, 10:43:49 AM »
Well I tried to log in with what I thought was my user ID and password which failed but I believe he blocked/disabled my IP address and log in long ago I tried guest guest which his site suggests should allow a guest log in and that didn't work it. looks to me without logging in you can't create a mall site.  If anyone wants to share their log in with me so I can attempt to start a mall site let me know.

I don’t see why we can’t do the same thing on the forum. If we want everyone’s listings in the same place, have an admin regulate a locked forum thread. People who have items for sale can send scans with some form of verification (Post-It with last name and date of scan) to the admin and the admin could list it. That would be a lot of work for an admin however. Why don’t people just list their items here?

Offline Paul_Maul

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2022, 11:13:19 AM »
I have an idea. If Greg’s site sucks in your eyes, just don’t use it. Sell your items here or on eBay or do whatever you want to do. Problem solved, no need for all the drama.

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2022, 11:22:00 AM »
I don’t see why we can’t do the same thing on the forum. If we want everyone’s listings in the same place, have an admin regulate a locked forum thread. People who have items for sale can send scans with some form of verification (Post-It with last name and date of scan) to the admin and the admin could list it. That would be a lot of work for an admin however. Why don’t people just list their items here?

A lot of us do post items here in the sell section, it seems to work for me.  As I recall, when Brad first started this forum he investigated a separate auction module and passed on it because of fees, and because we could just post things for sale.