Author Topic: Newer Wrappers  (Read 1198 times)

Offline rebelx0024

Newer Wrappers
« on: March 05, 2022, 06:21:49 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm in need of wrappers from newer sets, starting with ANS 1. Looking for all retail releases. Here's the list:

All ANS 1-11
2014 S1
2015 S1
Flashback 1-2
Chrome
Old School 1-5
MLB
50th
Go to the Movies
Erasers 1-2
2012 Posters

When it comes to foil wrappers, I prefer opened from the back, not cut with scissors on top or bottom. Also, I know the wrappers for each set have some variants, but isn't it just the text at the bottom indicating what chase cards there are, depending on what kind of box they came from, and they're the same otherwise? If so, don't particularly care which variant I get, although regular retail would be slightly preferred, I guess.

Please let me know if you've got em.  Thanks!

Offline MoldRush

Re: Newer Wrappers
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 05:04:45 PM »
When it came to foil wrappers from the series of the last 20 years or so, I never tried saving them in quantity because it was too difficult and tedious to separate at either end without damage.  I would try to slowly pull the two sides of the pack apart like a bag of potato chips, but a clean and complete separation at the top was the rare exception.  I was also concerned about stressing the edges of the stickers so once I had my one or two good intact wrapper examples for a given series, I would open the rest by scissor-cutting both ends and sliding the cards through.  I found that the wrappers with cut ends came in handy as set separators within those white cardboard storage boxes.

Not sure how others viewed these wrappers, but I never accumulated any appreciable quantity.  I would also say in general that it seems the end of the wax wrapper era likely reduced the appeal of wrapper collecting in a big way.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 11:28:30 AM »
Hey guys,

I'm in need of wrappers from newer sets, starting with ANS 1. Looking for all retail releases. Here's the list:

All ANS 1-11
2014 S1
2015 S1
Flashback 1-2
Chrome
Old School 1-5
MLB
50th
Go to the Movies
Erasers 1-2
2012 Posters

When it comes to foil wrappers, I prefer opened from the back, not cut with scissors on top or bottom. Also, I know the wrappers for each set have some variants, but isn't it just the text at the bottom indicating what chase cards there are, depending on what kind of box they came from, and they're the same otherwise? If so, don't particularly care which variant I get, although regular retail would be slightly preferred, I guess.

Please let me know if you've got em.  Thanks!

If no one has everything you want in one fell swoop, I still have the ones I found for you last month.

Offline rebelx0024

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2022, 11:02:07 AM »
The list is now down to these:

2014 S1 Retail
2014 S1 Collector
2015 S1 Retail
MLB Retail
Go to the Movies Retail
2012 Posters

Anybody got em?  Thanks.

anything