Author Topic: PETA Wacky Packages Flashback  (Read 1912 times)

Offline DrDeal

PETA Wacky Packages Flashback
« on: March 03, 2022, 05:06:57 PM »
I was just going through my collection and spent some time appreciating the PETA set that was done in 2004. These cards were oversized Kiss Cut Wacky's that were handed out to kids in schools to warn against the dangers of smoking. Tough to locate then and now. I included pics of the article I found in 2004.

Offline jleonard1967

Re: PETA Wacky Packages Flashback
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2022, 08:58:47 PM »
Those were a cool set.  I was. never able to obtain one.  I still look for them on eBay

Offline Swiski

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2022, 06:05:15 AM »
I remember calling PETA when these were new and they couldn't locate any to send me at the time.

I was hoping to find high res scans of these so I could print out my own, reducing the size to trading card dimensions, and place in my miscellaneous binder.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2022, 06:50:46 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Another item I must have!!!! Ughhhhhhh!!!!!!!!  hahahahahahahhahahahahahhaah

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2022, 09:52:19 PM »
I was just going through my collection and spent some time appreciating the PETA set that was done in 2004. These cards were oversized Kiss Cut Wacky's that were handed out to kids in schools to warn against the dangers of smoking. Tough to locate then and now. I included pics of the article I found in 2004.

Thanks for the images....I don't remember seeing the article.   Curious as to why ANS4 #49 "Quicker Goatmeal" is associated with the set?   At first glance I thought it was a bonus sticker that may have come with the set.

I was lucky enough to obtain an extra set of the 4 PETA cards....wonder what they would go for these days?     :P
Send me your borderless wackys!

Online RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2022, 11:43:30 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Another item I must have!!!! Ughhhhhhh!!!!!!!!  hahahahahahahhahahahahahhaah

Richard
#StayWacky

I was wondering who would be the first to post something like this!

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2022, 01:26:40 AM »
Thanks for the images....I don't remember seeing the article.   Curious as to why ANS4 #49 "Quicker Goatmeal" is associated with the set?   At first glance I thought it was a bonus sticker that may have come with the set.

I was lucky enough to obtain an extra set of the 4 PETA cards....wonder what they would go for these days?     :P

I showed the ANS sticker as a size reference.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2022, 02:11:26 AM »
There was a previous thread here on the forum discussing these PETA cards. Jay Lynch even weighed in on the history of creating them. For those interested, it’s at: 

http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=781.msg34659#msg34659
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Brian Mc

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2022, 07:37:11 AM »
There was a previous thread here on the forum discussing these PETA cards. Jay Lynch even weighed in on the history of creating them. For those interested, it’s at: 

http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=781.msg34659#msg34659

Yeah, I started that thread WAY back because I was new to the collecting community and didn't know SQUAT! I was drinking from a fire hose and couldn't believe how much I had missed since I was a kid in the '70's. LOL.

Like Joe, I still haven't been able to find these anywhere and I sometimes search for them on Evilbay. I would totally buy a set because of their loose connection to Wackys, but have had no luck since I asked those initial questions back in 2010. 2010?? Yipes!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 07:54:09 AM by Brian Mc »
Brian Mc

Offline Swiski

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2022, 10:00:09 AM »
Where can I get high res scans so I can print my own?!

Offline Gurgle

• recommends zircon-encrusted tweezers
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2022, 05:04:47 PM »
I was late to the game and people were selling the sets high on eBay, so I called PETA and they sent me a few sets no prob. I think I used my extra sets to trade.

I remember calling PETA when these were new and they couldn't locate any to send me at the time.

I was hoping to find high res scans of these so I could print out my own, reducing the size to trading card dimensions, and place in my miscellaneous binder.

Offline ToadallyDude

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2022, 11:38:20 PM »
Can't see any trace of them on their website now.  Wild they got produced.  Anyone have a guess on the print run or how many people have sets?