Author Topic: Mini Series 3 Consipiracy Theory!?!?!  (Read 3295 times)

Offline vahsurfer

Mini Series 3 Consipiracy Theory!?!?!
« on: February 14, 2022, 03:41:13 PM »
Well,

I opened most of mine over the weekend.  The usual placement and topper of Muellers was about to let me score and.......
Out of a SEALED box and SEALED container....... this EMPTY wrapper with a hole in it?

Coincidence??  Is it possible there are thieves in the production line that know what is going where?
I just find this ironic that a "known" hit container and I find this....... Talk amongst yourselves......

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline faustxxx

Re: Mini Series 3 Consipiracy Theory!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 03:56:01 PM »
     Richard, this is extremely disturbing. Are you going to report this to SI? Not like anything would ever happen, but you never know. Maybe something positive could result like getting some free product.

Matt.

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 04:10:16 PM »
This keeps getting worse.    This and 16 of the same sticker in a case........    Whats next.......?

Offline quas

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2022, 04:24:57 PM »
This keeps getting worse.    This and 16 of the same sticker in a case........    Whats next.......?

Actually it was 21, but who's counting....   :sad:
Marc

Offline All-Brain

• All things 79-80 Reissue
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2022, 06:10:42 PM »
I had not intended to bring this up but since you all are reporting things like this.....

As I was opening my case....I was very surprised at how easy the plastic sealed top of each cup came off.....disturbingly easy compared to the previous two series.
I had also noted that the tape on the case itself looked odd.

Im sure its nothing but just super odd compared to the previous series.

Anyone else notice this?

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2022, 06:16:23 PM »
I had not intended to bring this up but since you all are reporting things like this.....

As I was opening my case....I was very surprised at how easy the plastic sealed top of each cup came off.....disturbingly easy compared to the previous two series.

Anyone else notice this?

Yes, the cap tops were very easy to open compared to series 1 and 2.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline wacky4wackys

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2022, 09:21:20 PM »
I got a case from Rylees Attic.  When I opened the shipping box the case was open with a cardboard sheet on top and the display cardboard was loose (the one that gets inserted into the back for retail display). It's the first time I ordered a case and thought it would have been sealed in plastic or something.  Is it suppose to be sealed or is this how they usually come? 

Yes, I also thought the plastic seal on each cup was barely glued down and opened way to easy. (compared to series 1 & 2) 

And whoa....how crazy you got 21 of the same sticker!  You may have the market cornered on Swiss Mess stickers. ;D

Offline quas

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2022, 09:26:56 PM »
I got a case from Rylees Attic.  When I opened the shipping box the case was open with a cardboard sheet on top and the display cardboard was loose (the one that gets inserted into the back for retail display). It's the first time I ordered a case and thought it would have been sealed in plastic or something.  Is it suppose to be sealed or is this how they usually come? 

Yes, I also thought the plastic seal on each cup was barely glued down and opened way to easy. (compared to series 1 & 2) 

And whoa....how crazy you got 21 of the same sticker!  You may have the market cornered on Swiss Mess stickers. ;D

One might also refer to it a as a Swiss cluster --- or some variation of that.   ;)
Marc

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2022, 05:23:33 AM »

My cases were the same, with the backer insert separate.  This last case was packed upside down in the box, but remarkably, the cups were all in place.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2022, 08:16:43 AM »
Well,

I opened most of mine over the weekend.  The usual placement and topper of Muellers was about to let me score and.......
Out of a SEALED box and SEALED container....... this EMPTY wrapper with a hole in it?

Coincidence??  Is it possible there are thieves in the production line that know what is going where?
I just find this ironic that a "known" hit container and I find this....... Talk amongst yourselves......

Richard
#StayWacky

I got a cup missing a mini.  The topper was Muler's, upper level, bottom left corner.

Offline drono

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2022, 01:08:48 PM »
Well,

Richard, you should definitely put that one on eBay.  It fits in with all the other "error" Wackys that are listed there because they are  1. missing a border so it has no copyright, 2. Has a torn border so it's a printing error,  3. miscut so part of another sticker is showing,  4. punched out so the sticker is missing,  5. What else have I forgotten?

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2022, 01:11:13 PM »
Richard, you should definitely put that one on eBay.  It fits in with all the other "error" Wackys that are listed there because they are  1. missing a border so it has no copyright, 2. Has a torn border so it's a printing error,  3. miscut so part of another sticker is showing,  4. punched out so the sticker is missing,  5. What else have I forgotten?

5.  Has another sticker on the back of it!!!

Offline Plastered Peanut

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2022, 05:58:31 PM »

Anyone else notice this?

I did notice the tops pealed off very easily, especially compared to the other two series.

I'm glad you mentioned the box, because my SI box, while it was shipped inside a very nice Toy Wiz box, had damaged cardboard under the sealed tape.   It was very strange.   Like someone had taken a torn-open box and resealed it.
Send me your borderless wackys!

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2022, 07:37:42 PM »
I did have 1 or two containers that were short a package (3 instead of 4) and have two I think that had 1 extra in the tub....

JUSSSSSST Saying!

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline Swiski

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2022, 10:03:18 AM »
I did notice the tops pealed off very easily, especially compared to the other two series.

I'm glad you mentioned the box, because my SI box, while it was shipped inside a very nice Toy Wiz box, had damaged cardboard under the sealed tape.   It was very strange.   Like someone had taken a torn-open box and resealed it.

The lids peel off very easily on the Target ones I found today as well.

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2022, 10:10:46 AM »
Wait! Are you saying that you found Series 3 at a Target?

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2022, 10:33:23 AM »
Wait! Are you saying that you found Series 3 at a Target?
Which part of "the Target ones I found today" didn't you understand?

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2022, 02:00:57 PM »
You are right. I read it but could scarcely believe it….These things arent the best thing that ever happened,  but right now, a lot of us dont have much to look forward to…..checked my local Target today…..no minis…
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 03:06:27 PM by JailOJohn »

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2022, 07:25:00 AM »
I've opened two cases, both from Rylee's Attic.  I don't think I found anything amiss with the possible exception of one cup having two stickers (same title) and the fact that one case didn't have a "really rare" in it.  Don't think either of those two things could truly be called "amiss" so I either got lucky or anything that is truly amiss is the exception rather than the rule.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2022, 08:18:02 AM »
I've opened two cases, both from Rylee's Attic.  I don't think I found anything amiss with the possible exception of one cup having two stickers (same title) and the fact that one case didn't have a "really rare" in it.  Don't think either of those two things could truly be called "amiss" so I either got lucky or anything that is truly amiss is the exception rather than the rule.

I had one case without a "really rare" and agree that is probably not indicative of a problem.  I really do have to wonder about the cup that was missing a wrapped mini.  That had to have happened at the factory.

Offline JailOJohn

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2022, 09:13:37 AM »
Im halfway through my Rylees case, and have hit FOUR Ivery Snow minis out of 12 cups….Also two Mrs Smalls fish sticks minis in the same cup. These could be random errors, but i believe Pat mentioned she also got two Mrs Smalls in the same cup…..Curious…

Offline bandaches

• http://www.wackypackage.com/
    • Visit my Wacky Pack Website
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2022, 01:52:07 PM »
Which part of "the Target ones I found today" didn't you understand?
Considering there is hourly dialogue and a clear search to find these in target, that sure was a subtle way to announce a target finding.....
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bigtomi

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2022, 09:16:03 AM »
Considering there is hourly dialogue and a clear search to find these in target, that sure was a subtle way to announce a target finding.....
Granted, but not unclear.

Offline Swiski

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2022, 09:43:38 AM »
I posted my Target finds in the main Series 3 thread for all to see! I only posted here about the lids being easy to pull off and other QC issues because some thought SI was tampering with these from within....which is not happening. Not sure why Bandaches is defending Napoleon Dynamite. :]

Offline bandaches

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2022, 11:45:49 AM »
Granted, but not unclear.
...and the comment was clearly more astonishment than confusion....
Contact me at bandaches@yahoo.com as I have tons of wackys for sale!  Visit my website http://www.wackypackage.com/

Offline bandaches

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2022, 11:47:45 AM »
I posted my Target finds in the main Series 3 thread for all to see! I only posted here about the lids being easy to pull off and other QC issues because some thought SI was tampering with these from within....which is not happening. Not sure why Bandaches is defending Napoleon Dynamite. :]
No defending just replying to a sardonic comment with a sardonic comment  8)

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2022, 12:16:17 PM »

I agree. Full on hunt for these in target and the first to find them casually slips a minor mention of that in a comment.  That was worthy of a News Flash Moment.

Offline bandaches

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2022, 12:21:07 PM »
I agree. Full on hunt for these in target and the first to find them casually slips a minor mention of that in a comment.  That was worthy of a News Flash Moment.
It sounds like it was more formally announced in one of other 100 threads on Minis and the presumption is that everyone reads all comments in all threads before going back to comment  :-X

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2022, 12:29:23 PM »
I received a cup in a case that had no sticker AND no top mini; just the plastic holder for the mini and 4 unopened minis inside the cup.

Offline RAVinyls

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2022, 05:46:12 PM »
The inner display box does not come sealed/ wrapped in plastic.  I haven't seen any mini cases I've ordered from SI arrive sealed inside the cardboard packaging.
One might also refer to it a as a Swiss cluster --- or some variation of that.   ;)

anything