Author Topic: ANS7 sealed pack auctions  (Read 12846 times)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
Re: ANS7 sealed pack auctions
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2010, 03:40:31 PM »
I just got the pack and have examined it. You can slip the top card pretty far and then press down on the white part to see what is behind there. The auto's don't have numbers on the bottom so it's somewhat easy to see but not fool proof. This took me about 5 minutes to move everything around. I can't imagine someone would do this for every pack. I also have a lighted magnifying glass hooked to my desk to really see as much detail as possible. I cracked the pack and sure enough it is an auto. I didn't want to leave it wrapped just in case it wasn't an auto. I wouldn't want to deal with someone that bought it from me saying it wasn't.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2010, 04:18:22 PM »
I just got the pack and have examined it. You can slip the top card pretty far and then press down on the white part to see what is behind there. The auto's don't have numbers on the bottom so it's somewhat easy to see but not fool proof. This took me about 5 minutes to move everything around. I can't imagine someone would do this for every pack. I also have a lighted magnifying glass hooked to my desk to really see as much detail as possible. I cracked the pack and sure enough it is an auto. I didn't want to leave it wrapped just in case it wasn't an auto. I wouldn't want to deal with someone that bought it from me saying it wasn't.

Hmmmm, sound suspiciously like what one of the forum members speculated. Who was that now..... :great:
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline BumChex

• Wacky Packages Forum
  • Administrator
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2010, 06:35:32 PM »
Hmmmm, sound suspiciously like what one of the forum members speculated. Who was that now..... :great:
No, I know you discussed this but I can't imagine someone going through every pack this way. There must be another formula to find a spot for these packs. The odds just aren't there to know where they would be in a case. It's like a needle in a hay stack.

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2010, 08:07:18 PM »
No, I know you discussed this but I can't imagine someone going through every pack this way. There must be another formula to find a spot for these packs. The odds just aren't there to know where they would be in a case. It's like a needle in a hay stack.

When I was opening packs from my hobby boxes, there was a pattern to where the foils were. I wish I had written all this down when I was opening. . Assuming that the sketch or autocards are in what would normally be a foil card pack, if I remember correctly, every 4th pack held a foil. So you would not have to check EVERY pack but still a bunch of them. I just can't image what else one could do do narrow it down further.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline Liptorn

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2010, 09:52:16 PM »

The guys that are "pack searchers" are quick and good at looking through the packs. It probably would take only 10 to 15 minutes to go through a gravity feed. I know a guy that does it for sports cards and he can hit the jersey cards and autograph cards with no problem, it's all about sliding the cards and seeing what's in there. It's pretty tough to do it for Wackys, but it looks like it can be done.

Look at almost all the sketches and foil autos for sale on ebay, almost all have been from sports card pack searchers, except the ones from cardgarys.
If these guys weren't "searching" them out of packs, there would be even fewer on the market.