Author Topic: Crappy Coalation MAP Series 5  (Read 1513 times)

Offline vahsurfer

Crappy Coalation MAP Series 5
« on: January 15, 2022, 12:27:56 PM »
Good Chilly Afternoon from Va.Beach, VA

I always try to be positive and upbeat here and support the craft.
Neil's work and art as usual is off the hook - Thank you Neil!

TOPPS - YOU SUCK!  I purchased 20 sets or 1.7% of the total sets made:

0 - Sketches
0 - Alternatives
0 - Complete set of coupon backs

I realize there are NO GUARANTEES - However, why shell out that kind of loot to support this and get 0's across the board?

Dave - This does not bode well in the big long-term picture - I might as well keep my loot and go to Pirate's Bay!?!?!?!

Let's all be honest here - we buy multiple sets for the hopes of the "goodies" - in my case - someone stole all my Halloween Candy and I am not happy - trying to remain wacky - Please fix the coalition rate....

Am I the only one who feels let down and left out?????

Richard
#StayWacky

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
Re: Crappy Coalation MAP Series 5
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 01:04:03 PM »
Good Chilly Afternoon from Va.Beach, VA

I always try to be positive and upbeat here and support the craft.
Neil's work and art as usual is off the hook - Thank you Neil!

TOPPS - YOU SUCK!  I purchased 20 sets or 1.7% of the total sets made:

0 - Sketches
0 - Alternatives
0 - Complete set of coupon backs

I realize there are NO GUARANTEES - However, why shell out that kind of loot to support this and get 0's across the board?

Dave - This does not bode well in the big long-term picture - I might as well keep my loot and go to Pirate's Bay!?!?!?!

Let's all be honest here - we buy multiple sets for the hopes of the "goodies" - in my case - someone stole all my Halloween Candy and I am not happy - trying to remain wacky - Please fix the coalition rate....

Richard
#StayWacky

PM sent.

Offline vahsurfer

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 01:08:23 PM »
Thanks RawGoo and OOS for the help and private messages!

Richard
#Staywacky - No sketches with my Attackies.... :-(

Offline Lavirus

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2022, 02:41:36 PM »
10 sets, 0 variations, only 1 P1.

Offline drono

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2022, 03:18:50 PM »

Richard
#StayWacky

Kudos, to Neil!  I love the set too, but I feel your pain here in southeast VA.

I only bought three sets, hoping to get all of the cereal set, but I only got two of three, which is 66.7% probable.  Even though I didn't spend anywhere near as much as you, I still feel like I wasted my money too, and for what: one extra cereal sticker, 1/3 of the coupon set and two extra base sets that I don't want. 

I'm thinking of not ever buying anything directly from Topps again (or will it be Fanatics soon?) and just buying from other forum members or eBay if necessary.  I'm very thankful that some of you have a lot of disposable income to support my Wacky Packages habit which is shrinking more and more with each release.

Offline lucidjc

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2022, 01:38:26 AM »
Don't get me started, cause i'm about to ex-fuckin-plode. All I spent and now i'm going to have to spend more just to get close to what I want, which isn't everything but HOLY SHIT! I LOVE Neil, but I don't know if I love him that much. This is just about the worst of anything from topps that I have ever got. WTF is going on there??? This take over I think is going to FUCK everything up, not that it wasn't.  "Hold on to your ass Fred".

Grrrrrr

Offline ScaryLee

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2022, 04:51:23 PM »
Wow this is all sad to hear. I purchased 12 sets of the December set and now have concerns that something like this will happen there too.

anything