Author Topic: R.I.P. Tony Tallirico - Looney Packages book artist  (Read 1931 times)

Offline dth1971

R.I.P. Tony Tallirico - Looney Packages book artist
« on: January 09, 2022, 06:44:33 AM »
Artist Tony Tallirico died on January 6-7, 2022 at the age of 88. He was famous for doing comic books and 1970's-1980's activity and puzzle books for Grosset and Dunlap, including a 1977 Wacky Packages style color and cut out poster book called Looney Packages.

More about Tony: http://www.dailycartoonist.com/index.php/2022/01/07/tony-tallarico-rip/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email

Offline sco(o)t

• Looking:Postcard Ser4 BUGWEISER Smokin' Joe sketch
Re: R.I.P. Tony Tallirico - Looney Packages book artist
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2022, 11:09:45 AM »
Artist Tony Tallirico died on January 6-7, 2022 at the age of 88. He was famous for doing comic books and 1970's-1980's activity and puzzle books for Grosset and Dunlap, including a 1977 Wacky Packages style color and cut out poster book called Looney Packages.

More about Tony: http://www.dailycartoonist.com/index.php/2022/01/07/tony-tallarico-rip/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email

Darryl, that is pretty esoteric news. How did you happen to come by that? Thanks for sharing.
aka Scot Leibacher (no trademark)

Offline MoldRush

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2022, 04:32:37 PM »
Interesting.  Not familiar with the works shown except what look like splash pages from some DC horror titles.  Will have to check the GCBD website to see the entirety of his art credits.  This also gives me a new website to explore - know of a few dedicated to comic strips but never saw this one before.

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 06:38:40 AM »

The portion about the "1977 Wacky Packages style color and cut out poster book called Looney Packages" seems to be the most relevant portion to this forum, but I saw no reference to it in the blurb. Does anyone have access to that material?

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2022, 07:32:54 AM »
The portion about the "1977 Wacky Packages style color and cut out poster book called Looney Packages" seems to be the most relevant portion to this forum, but I saw no reference to it in the blurb. Does anyone have access to that material?
The book does show up in Amazon - after a quick search using the correct spelling of his last name:  Tallarico

Looks like simple spoofs that can be colored, cut, and pasted onto the real deal.

anything