Author Topic: Attacky Packages Series 5 On Sale Now  (Read 8107 times)

Offline BattleCaps

Re: Attacky Packages Series 5 On Sale Now
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 02:47:18 PM »
This is going to be tough with the sticker variations for all 9 of the base stickers.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 02:50:10 PM by BattleCaps »

Offline jeffcaff

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 04:27:40 PM »
I believe that you have the chance of receiving a whole set with the variations. You either get the whole set of variations or the standard set. At least, this is how I read it. 

Offline BattleCaps

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2021, 04:53:05 PM »
I wish Topps would give odds of getting a variation.

I read it as getting variations randomly inserted within each set, similar with what was done with the Wacky Ads.

Offline Fanatical_and_Sickly

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2021, 06:23:39 PM »
discussion over in this thread, with that question posed to Neil

http://www.wackypackagesforum.com/index.php?topic=6395.msg118556#msg118556

Offline roughwriter

• Rough Writer
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2021, 06:15:10 AM »
This set includes my first contribution to this series. Neil did a super job giving my Pell Mell concept a vintage feel. It shouldn't be too hard guessing which classic it spoofs!

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2021, 07:19:32 AM »
This set includes my first contribution to this series. Neil did a super job giving my Pell Mell concept a vintage feel. It shouldn't be too hard guessing which classic it spoofs!

I just purchased the set from Topps.  I really loved series 4, which is the only other Attacky Packages set I have been able to find...  Jeff

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2021, 07:20:19 AM »
I have not bought Attacky Packages before. Are these considered Wackies? I am having trouble getting into the always horrible Topps Web Site. I finally got through. It appears they are Mars Attacks themed Wackys?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 08:53:00 AM by JailOJohn »

Offline koduck

• Administrator
  • Make it snappy!
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2021, 09:10:14 AM »
I have not bought Attacky Packages before. Are these considered Wackies? I am having trouble getting into the always horrible Topps Web Site. I finally got through. It appears they are Mars Attacks themed Wackys?

Hi John,

Not sure if there's a definitive description for "Attacky Packages". Depending on the fan, some prefer to think of them as Wacky Packages with a Mars theme. Others refer to them as Mars Attacks with a wacky theme! Anyway, I think no matter which camp you're in, they're meant to be fun for everyone!

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2021, 09:45:43 AM »
"You've got your chocolate in my peanut butter!" "No, you've got your peanut butter in my chocolate!" Two great tastes that tasted great together....

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2021, 11:00:38 AM »
I came up with the ideas for the Cereal cards and Neil worked his magic and made the concepts better and the final art looks great with very bold color!!!

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2021, 02:53:54 PM »
I just bought a set. It sucks that they charge sales tax. I used to buy these sets from eBay due to no tax, but those days are over.

Offline 70s_Kid

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2021, 09:01:47 AM »
Hi John,

Not sure if there's a definitive description for "Attacky Packages". Depending on the fan, some prefer to think of them as Wacky Packages with a Mars theme. Others refer to them as Mars Attacks with a wacky theme! Anyway, I think no matter which camp you're in, they're meant to be fun for everyone!

I love Attacky Packages, as they combine my love for the original Wacky Packages 1-16 series and Mars Attacks!

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2021, 09:33:08 AM »
I just bought a set. It sucks that they charge sales tax. I used to buy these sets from eBay due to no tax, but those days are over.

I just bought a set and noticed that too.  When did that start?  I don't recall it before.  I haven't bought the monthly sets for a while, instead picking up base sets on ebay.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2021, 12:49:56 PM »
I just bought a set and noticed that too.  When did that start?  I don't recall it before.  I haven't bought the monthly sets for a while, instead picking up base sets on ebay.

Topps has always charged sales tax on sales to New York State customers (even at their table at the Allentown show!); I think it changed to everyone maybe 2 years ago?  I have paid approximately $2,050 in sales tax on Topps purchases this year  >( >(    That includes sales tax on shipping charges, but their free "smartpost" is so unreliable that I just gave up on it.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 12:54:16 PM by RawGoo »

Offline g.u.e.s.t.

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2021, 02:50:37 PM »

I'm in FL. I want to say Topps started charging tax about 2 years ago. eBay a few months ago. I used to check eBay first for just about everything. Now it's one of the last places I check due to tax. There are still some states that don't require tax on internet sales and even in my state some sites charge it and some don't. It's really hit and miss and there seems to be no consistency to it. Obviously, I look for sellers that don't charge it.

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2021, 05:00:20 PM »
Topps has always charged sales tax on sales to New York State customers (even at their table at the Allentown show!); I think it changed to everyone maybe 2 years ago?  I have paid approximately $2,050 in sales tax on Topps purchases this year  >( >(    That includes sales tax on shipping charges, but their free "smartpost" is so unreliable that I just gave up on it.

$2050 in sales tax on the Topps site alone??? OMG
A

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2021, 12:30:36 AM »
Shocked me, too, when I added it up last night.  Maybe next year I will just buy my Wackys here.

Offline drono

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2021, 07:07:53 AM »

So if the tax rate is 5%, then you spent 20x that much at Topps?  That's a lotta Wackys; you should be an MVC!

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2021, 08:41:52 AM »
So if the tax rate is 5%, then you spent 20x that much at Topps?  That's a lotta Wackys; you should be an MVC!

Unfortunately, my tax rate is more like 9%.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2021, 10:42:57 AM »
Here are some sketch inserts Neil asked me to post for him. 

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2021, 04:02:45 PM »

NICE!!!!
Alex

Offline crackedjerk

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2021, 06:38:56 PM »

Those look great!  While I'm not expecting to get one, I'll keep fingers crossed that I'll be happily surprised.

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2021, 12:03:59 PM »
Print Run:  1166

Good number for a great Celestial Show!

Offline BattleCaps

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2021, 01:41:49 PM »
Good news about the sales numbers.  :great:

Always one of my favorite sets.

Fingers crossed on the collation of the coupons and variations.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2021, 01:57:45 PM »
Good news about the sales numbers.  :great:

Always one of my favorite sets.

Fingers crossed on the collation of the coupons and variations.

Maybe now that it is too late for us to order Topps will deign to tell us about the variation distribution.

Offline Scheres

• toyghoul.com
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2021, 05:43:19 PM »
Is that a new record high for Attackys??

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2021, 12:38:25 PM »
Is that a new record high for Attackys??
yes.

caveat:  series 3 sold more packs (1916), but that # needs to be divided by 3, as it took three packs to build a base set.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2021, 01:22:09 PM »
yes.

caveat:  series 3 sold more packs (1916), but that # needs to be divided by 3, as it took three packs to build a base set.

Yep, that set was a pain!!  If I recall correctly, the sticker titles were random in the packs.

Offline rdsjnk

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2022, 05:33:38 PM »
Shipping!!!     :great:

Offline Alexeirex

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2022, 05:39:18 PM »
Shipping!!!     :great:

Got mine too! I used free shipping, so will be seeing many pics before I get my sets -
A

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2022, 07:46:39 AM »
Received a shipping notice Monday as well.
And with my supposed “Overnight” shipping, I expect that I’ll get them by Friday.

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2022, 11:53:00 AM »
Received a shipping notice Monday as well.
And with my supposed “Overnight” shipping, I expect that I’ll get them by Friday.

According to tracking, my sets will be here by 8 pm, but as of 2:50 pm Fedex doesn't even have the package  :-\ :-\

Offline jleonard1967

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2022, 08:41:08 PM »
received mine and went thru them.  I have to take the time to weed out the variations, but the coupon backs are cool. I got one sketch card out of 20 sets ordered

Offline DrDeal

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2022, 02:42:09 AM »
received mine and went thru them.  I have to take the time to weed out the variations, but the coupon backs are cool. I got one sketch card out of 20 sets ordered
Congrats on getting them first. Please post a pic of your sketch and of some of the Vari's next to normal version cards.

Thanks,  Andrew

anything