Author Topic: Lost Wackys 101  (Read 1310 times)

Offline JailOJohn

• Sticking Wackys on Furniture since 1973...
Lost Wackys 101
« on: January 14, 2022, 08:11:53 AM »
I see there are some threads here, but none that directly lay out the basics of the Lost Wackys. I see there is some information on some of the series over on Greg Grant's Wacky Page. But can anyone confirm, there were FOUR actual sets of Lost Wackys, produced in limited quantities? Some came in two "packs" of 15 cards each? So, would one each of the different color packs give you a full set? I am looking at some of the sets on e-bay, and some are cheap, around $20-$40, and others are outrageous, at $50 or more for a few cards. The first 3 series fetch high prices on E-Bay. I am also aware that in the Two Flashback Series from about 10 years ago, there were several of the Lost Wackys, such as Monsterettes and Midget Rice. I know this might be a can of worms, but can anyone shed some light on how rare or valuable these sets are? 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 08:36:03 AM by JailOJohn »

Offline DrDeal

Re: Lost Wackys 101
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 10:31:19 AM »
Major can of worms.   I own all 4 LW Sets and a Nice LW Binder. The LW sets are not produced by Topps. The Flashback and Adams Book Lost Wackies as well as the ANS LW's are produced by Topps.  You have to decide if you only want LW's produced by Topps or if you consider all of them to be worth owning.  I recently
procured Two LW Series 1 Bonus Titles: Ratz and Cracked Animals. Plus you have Ovary Show which is a story on its own. I own 12 different versions of the OS Sticker as well as a 9 card OS puzzle.  There is a ton of stuff out there.

Andrew

Offline RawGoo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2022, 10:49:45 AM »
I see there are some threads here, but none that directly lay out the basics of the Lost Wackys. I see there is some information on some of the series over on Greg Grant's Wacky Page. But can anyone confirm, there were FOUR actual sets of Lost Wackys, produced in limited quantities? Some came in two "packs" of 15 cards each? So, would one each of the different color packs give you a full set? I am looking at some of the sets on e-bay, and some are cheap, around $20-$40, and others are outrageous, at $50 or more for a few cards. The first 3 series fetch high prices on E-Bay. I am also aware that in the Two Flashback Series from about 10 years ago, there were several of the Lost Wackys, such as Monsterettes and Midget Rice. I know this might be a can of worms, but can anyone shed some light on how rare or valuable these sets are?

As Dr. Deal says, a Major can of worms.  A few years ago a forum friend wanted to sell out his collection, and the "limited printing Lost Wackys" in the collection were valued quite high.  But then it seemed like those were being reprinted and popping up on ebay on a daily basis.

If someone wants images, I have two sizes of the binders, some uncut sheets, and sealed packs, including some with full bleed wrappers.  Also three display display boxes (purple, green and yellow). 

Offline mikecho

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 12:55:36 PM »
Greg's web site is pretty much straightforward on what's in each of the four Lost Wackys series and will tell you all you wish to know about their contents.

Let it be known right now, though, that I am not promoting nor condoning these four series, I'm just giving out information. What JailOJohn does with this information I've given him is entirely up to him.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 03:26:50 PM by mikecho »